Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton
Cincyjungle says we're interested in him. Sportrac says his market value should be 3 yrs and 20 mill.....thoughts?? He's mainly a slot guy so I assume if we signed him Alexander won't be back and Phillips gets moved outside??
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:31 AM)pulses Wrote: Cincyjungle says we're interested in him. Sportrac says his market value should be 3 yrs and 20 mill.....thoughts?? He's mainly a slot guy so I assume if we signed him Alexander won't be back and Phillips gets moved outside??

Bengals signing ALL PRO DE  Trey Hendrickson to 15 mil a year, a JJ Watt type to replace Dunlap.  Hilton has played well at Steelers and at around 7 mil a year could be replacing William Jackson going free agent.  He would like to stay a Steeler, but Bengals are in the mix per Bengals and Steelers news sites.  Hendrickson is a done deal.  Hilton is a maybe.  ....Bengals trying to replace Dunlap and WJ3. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:07 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals signing ALL PRO DE  Trey Hendrickson to 15 mil a year, a JJ Watt type to replace Dunlap.  Hilton has played well at Steelers and at around 7 mil a year could be replacing William Jackson going free agent.  He would like to stay a Steeler, but Bengals are in the mix per Bengals and Steelers news sites.  Hendrickson is a done deal.  Hilton is a maybe.  ....Bengals trying to replace Dunlap and WJ3. 

Hilarious
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 07:54 AM)Takedown Wrote: Hilarious

Nothing funny about the Bengals picking up a finisher.  Hendrickson put the QB on the turf 25 times last season. (a tough feat, given the state of rules in the NFL)  He also lines up from anywhere on the DL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:10 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nothing funny about the Bengals picking up a finisher.  Hendrickson put the QB on the turf 25 times last season. (a tough feat, given the state of rules in the NFL)  He also lines up from anywhere on the DL.

Contract year effort?  his first 3 years were forgettable.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Contract year effort?  his first 3 years were forgettable
He's only been in the league 3 years. He was a 1st team All-Pro last year.
Meanwhile, Carl's had what... 2 or 3 ACL repairs? His injury history is reason enough not to give him a huge contract full of guarantees.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's only been in the league 3 years. He was a 1st team All-Pro last year.
Meanwhile, Carl's had what... 2 or 3 ACL repairs? His injury history is reason enough not to give him a huge contract full of guarantees.

im not arguing for or against the dude just dont know if his lack of production was playing time scheme or lack of motivation lol...

We lost 2 good passrushers and picked up 1... So far we are a net loss.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 06:07 AM)kevin Wrote: Bengals signing ALL PRO DE  Trey Hendrickson to 15 mil a year, a JJ Watt type to replace Dunlap.  Hilton has played well at Steelers and at around 7 mil a year could be replacing William Jackson going free agent.  He would like to stay a Steeler, but Bengals are in the mix per Bengals and Steelers news sites.  Hendrickson is a done deal.  Hilton is a maybe.  ....Bengals trying to replace Dunlap and WJ3. 

Hilton if signed would replace Alexander (who we might as well spend the money on). Not a replacement for WJIII. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:06 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: im not arguing for or against the dude just dont know if his lack of production was playing time scheme or lack of motivation lol...

We lost 2 good passrushers and picked up 1... So far we are a net loss.

I consider the line a net loss as well still. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

Hendrickson didn't even make the Pro Bowl, let alone All Pro.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Contract year effort?  his first 3 years were forgettable.

How is that any different that Carl Lawson?  Some fans want to act like we lost the greatest player to ever don the Stripes, when his "paramount season" only resulted in 5.5 sacks.

I get that some want to go by the next gen stats, and view the pressures as just as valuable a measuring tool, but how many of those pressures resulted in a negative play outcome for the opponent?  Hendrickson put the other team's QB on the turf 25 times.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He's only been in the league 3 years. He was a 1st team All-Pro last year.

Hendrickson was in the league for four years (2017-2020).
He started just 3 games 2017-2019, totaling 6.5 sacks across 28 games.
Last year, he performed well, but some thing it was due to performance of Cam Jordan and the rest of the DL.
Also, he did not make All Pro. https://www.nfl.com/news/2020-all-pro-team-donald-kelce-highlight-roster
He also did not make the Pro Bowl. https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-reveals-complete-afc-nfc-rosters-for-2021-pro-bowl
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 08:45 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Contract year effort?  his first 3 years were forgettable.

See, this response is when people do not read up on newly acquired players....First, when he was drafted he was not as physical specimen and it took him 2 years to get to where he is today physically...  He came from a small school (Florida Atlantic)....He got his chance when another player got hurt and never gave that spot back...Yes, they were forgettable but for a reason, he just was not an NFL high end prospect when drafted.

I am not saying he is going to be an All Pro with us but give the guy a chance
Reply/Quote
To the topic of this thread, Hilton would be a really nice get. With the emergence of slot WR's as staples of offenses having high-end cover slot guys is a big deal. He is also a really solid tackler which we know is valued on the defense.
Reply/Quote
Is Hilton better then Alexander?

I'm honestly not sure why there isn't more talk of bring him back, he was a good guy in the slot and a willing tackler.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 10:21 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Is Hilton better then Alexander?

I'm honestly not sure why there isn't more talk of bring him back, he was a good guy in the slot and a willing tackler.

Yes. He is a better cover guy and probably similar tackling-wise to slightly below.
Reply/Quote
I think Lou also likes the fact that Hilton is very
Effective blitzer.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 09:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hendrickson didn't even make the Pro Bowl, let alone All Pro.

The All Pro teams he was voted to are more meaningful than the Pro Bowl
Reply/Quote
Both. Please. Keep Alexander and sign this guy
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 11:04 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The All Pro teams he was voted to are more meaningful than the Pro Bowl

Am I looking at the wrong thing or what?
I do not see him making All Pro.
https://saintswire.usatoday.com/gallery/2020-ap-all-pro-teams-votes-saints-trey-hendrickson-stats/

Quote:[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]Just three New Orleans Saints were named to the Associated Press All-Pro teams following the 2020 regular season, and none of them made the first team: linebacker Demario Davis, right tackle Ryan Ramczyk, and running back Alvin Kamara were each selected for the second team.[/color]

[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.72)]And they were nearly joined by a few teammates, like defensive end Trey Hendrickson. He came up just one vote shy from earning a spot on the second team[/color]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote