Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Hilton to the Bengals
(03-16-2021, 04:02 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: A starting line Hendricks Reader Atkins Hubbard isnt terrible. Our LB play is much improved with the exception of Pratt. WR OT G. What we need still. First 3 rounds huge gamble we can fill remaining holes.

A starting line of Hendrickson, Reader, Atkins and Hubbard may not be terrible but the depth behind it is. But so far it seems like they just want to re-run last year with like for like replacements for the departures and no upgrades yet.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: trade down grab more picks day 2

Would be all in favor of this. There is several guys in round 2 that could come in and help. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
4 years 24 Million is the deal, and not a bad deal at that.
Reply/Quote
Best tweet about this yet

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:46 PM)Au165 Wrote: 4 years 24 Million is the deal, and not a bad deal at that.

IMO, he was right there with K'Waun Williams as the best slot corner in free agency, but Hilton is younger and doesn't come with the injury concerns that Williams does.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:42 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: From what I read, he too is a solid tackler and will help with run support.

Cool, thanks. I knew very little about him. Sounds like we'll at least be able to stop the bleeding on the ground.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:44 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote:

Yes, with others. Like the signing a lot even if I loved Mackenzie. Hilton might be even better.

Still, trenches please. OL and DL needs to be addressed.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Best tweet about this yet

That is awesome from a former Steeler lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, with others. Like the signing a lot even if I loved Mackenzie. Hilton might be even better.

Still, trenches please. OL and DL needs to be addressed.

On the free agent list, Hilton was ranked 29th and Alexander was ranked 94th. That's a big difference. I'm surprised Alexander was that low.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: On the free agent list, Hilton was ranked 29th and Alexander was ranked 94th. That's a big difference. I'm surprised Alexander was that low.

Same, really liked Mackenzie last year. Thought he was better than Dennard for us. But Hilton might be better, probably is.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:47 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Best tweet about this yet

I love that. LOL Good signing here.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 05:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, really liked Mackenzie last year. Thought he was better than Dennard for us. But Hilton might be better, probably is.

I hope we at least resign Mackenzie for depth....
Reply/Quote
So Bengals start with ALL PRO DE Hendrickson, add CBs Awuzie and Hilton and resign safety Wilson. 4 Defensive Players as The Bengals go all in on trying to fix this Defense in Free Agency. It would open up going heavy on Blockers in Draft.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:39 PM)GodFather Wrote: This is a good pickup. The Bengals need to get some OL in FA or they will back themselves in a corner come daft time. We need a WR and honestly was hoping for Chase while we addressed some proven offensive lineman.

I think they can still do it.

If they can get the O-line to at least average from FAs and by getting an OT/G in the second.

I don't want to see them load up the 1st, 2nd, 3rd pick(possible 2nd rounder from moving back)on just the O-line.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
So we signed two good CBs for a total of 46 million dollars over the next 4 years.

Those two contracts combined make up for how meh the Waynes deal was last year haha.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 03:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: They're essentially clearing the way for the draft to be all offense.

I don't hate the idea. I just really hope the draft falls the way we want. I still remember 2019, when Kaleb McGary, Jawaan Taylor, Greg Little, Cody Ford and Dalton Risner went in the 10 picks prior to our 2nd rounder...

That was not a great time...

That was heart breaking. I remember thinking it figures all would go before us when I would have been happy with any of them. Reslly wanted Risner ( I think it was him) has a bit of a mean streak? Anyone know how he’s been in the pros?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 07:28 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That was heart breaking. I remember thinking it figures all would go before us when I would have been happy with any of them. Reslly wanted Risner ( I think it was him) has a bit of a mean streak? Anyone know how he’s been in the pros?

He's been decent. He's been the starting LG for the Broncos for the last 2 seasons and has put up slightly above average numbers. a 61.3 pff grade in 2020 and a 64.4 pff grade in 2019. 

He'd definitely be more helpful than Drew Sample, I think (granted, we did trade down, so we technically got Drew Sample + Renell Wren + Trayveon Williams. I still think I would have taken Risner over the trio). 
Reply/Quote
So....Do we still have Wayne and Alexander under contract? Also since we are just ignoring the oline I would like them to take a shot on WR Golladay, Safety Keanu Neal ( if we can get him cheap), WR C. Samual to replace Ross.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much stock the FO and coaches put in getting Tupou and Wren back? I mean Tupou put up a 73.8 pff grade in 2019. He will be back and its not like he's coming off injury. How much impact do you think a guy like Tupou will have in the rotation? Upgrade from Covington, Bledsoe, Daniels, etc?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2021, 04:00 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: The Cincinnati Cornerbacks.  

I wish. I would keep 7 on the roster if I was coach.

Anyways, Corner was definitely a need. So yeah we need to work on the lines but this is a welcome signing. 

Frankly, if we have to rely on the draft for anything, offensive line makes sense. It is loaded this year. 

Reply/Quote