Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike & Marvin will give 2018 a MULLIGAN - See 2019 as year 2 of a 2 year PLAN

MULLIGAN - an extra stroke (in golf) allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

I will believe Marvin is not returning as Head Coach in 2019 when I sees it.

He signed a TWO year extension through 2019 and if a decade and a half plus of Fan outcry has not Peer Pressured him into stepping down as Head Coach; I doubt this bad 2018 season will.

I think Marvin will take another shot at Offseason improvements, maybe more Staff changes and another Draft class to re-boot yet again for another season in 2019. Year two of the two year extension. The two year extension era.

Maybe Hue as Offensive Coordinator & then hand pick another Defensive Coordinator. Keep the O-line rebuild going with say another high draft choice to add to Price & Glenn from last offseason.

Counting on players injured in 2018 to be healthy in 2019, add in these Offseason improvements and changes; then get right back on the bicycle again for another ride & bite at the apple.

Marvin is just 60 years old, so why quit now. Especially if a healthy & upgraded 2019 team could improve his reputation by winning.

I won't waste too many of my emotions on who the New 2019 Head Coach will be, though speculating can be fun.

My money (so to speak) is on the MULLIGAN asterisk being placed on the 2019 season by both Mike & Marvin leading to Marvin entering year two of his two year extension as Head Coach in 2019.

Marvin seems immune and inoculated from having fan criticism or calls for his departure override his desire to stay.

So Buckle up for year TWO of the two year PLAN in 2019.  IMO  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:57 PM)depthchart Wrote:  

MULLIGAN - an extra stroke (in golf) allowed after a poor shot, not counted on the scorecard.

I will believe Marvin is not returning as Head Coach in 2019 when I sees it.

He signed a TWO year extension through 2019 and if a decade and a half plus of Fan outcry has not Peer Pressured him into stepping down as Head Coach; I doubt this bad 2018 season will.

I think Marvin will take another shot at Offseason improvements, maybe more Staff changes and another Draft class to re-boot yet again for another season in 2019.

Maybe Hue as Offensive Coordinator & then hand pick another Defensive Coordinator. Keep the O-line rebuild going with say another high draft choice to add to Price & Glenn from last offseason.

Counting on players injured in 2018 to be healthy in 2019, add in these Offseason improvements and changes; then get right back on the bicycle again for another ride & bite at the apple.

Marvin is just 60 years old, so why quit now. Especially if a healthy & upgraded 2019 team could improve his reputation by winning.

I won't waste too many of my emotions on who the New 2019 Head Coach will be, though speculating can be fun.

My money (so to speak) is on the MULLIGAN asterisk being placed on the 2019 season by both Mike & Marvin leading to Marvin entering year two of his two year extension as Head Coach in 2019.

Marvin seems immune and inoculated from having fan criticism or calls for his departure override his desire to stay.

So Buckle up for year TWO of the two year PLAN in 2019.  IMO  Mellow

Two year plan?

Actually, I like the math on that. It makes me less than eight years old.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I don't know that I see them demoting Lazor from HC. I'd be more inclined to believe Marvin will say he's haad enough of being HC, and will step down to DC while Hue takes over as HC.... at which point I'll have to get Sunday Ticket to watch Zimmer up in Minny.
Reply/Quote
Honestly - I doubt they view 5-6 as a bad record with all of the injuries. You are most likely correct.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: Two year plan?

Based on Marvin being extended for TWO years & getting to make some Coaching changes to his Staff.

The two year extension era.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know that I see them demoting Lazor from HC. I'd be more inclined to believe Marvin will say he's haad enough of being HC, and will step down to DC while Hue takes over as HC.... at which point I'll have to get Sunday Ticket to watch Zimmer up in Minny.

I would rather have Marvin than Hue if those are my only two choices.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:02 PM)depthchart Wrote: I would rather have Marvin than Hue if those are my only two choices.

Me too, this is just what I foresee....
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:00 PM)depthchart Wrote: Based on Marvin being extended for TWO years & getting to make some Coaching changes to his Staff.

The two year extension era.

Ah, yes.  Reboot, Part Trois.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
If Marvin stays, here's my crystal ball vision...
Bill Lazor is replaced by Hue Jackson as OC. The offense was best under Jackson and he's familiar.
Marvin's old LB coach from back when he was DC at Baltimore, Jack Del Rio, is brought in to take over as DC. Del Rio had really good years as DC in Denver and being a former player and coach of LBs, he will be viewed as being able to turn around that position.
Hue takes over for Marvin as HC in 2020, and Hue will get to pick his own QB and OC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know that I see them demoting Lazor from HC. I'd be more inclined to believe Marvin will say he's haad enough of being HC, and will step down to DC while Hue takes over as HC.... at which point I'll have to get Sunday Ticket to watch Zimmer up in Minny.

I've considered getting Red Zone. Cheaper, more exciting version of Sunday Ticket. I know a few people who have it and they all love it.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Marvin stays, here's my crystal ball vision...
Bill Lazor is replaced by Hue Jackson as OC. The offense was best under Jackson and he's familiar.
Marvin's old LB coach from back when he was DC at Baltimore, Jack Del Rio, is brought in to take over as DC. Del Rio had really good years as DC in Denver and being a former player and coach of LBs, he will be viewed as being able to turn around that position.
Hue takes over for Marvin as HC in 2020, and Hue will get to pick his own QB and OC.

Future's so Bright, Gotta wear shades.  Tongue         Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If Marvin stays, here's my crystal ball vision...

I could see every one of these things happening.  In fact, it would be surprising it they didn't.

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has never had a 'plan' , he just muddles along year to year
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 03:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I've considered getting Red Zone. Cheaper, more exciting version of Sunday Ticket. I know a few people who have it and they all love it.

We get it free over her in the UK and if I didn’t get it free- I would pay for it.
Reply/Quote
Oh yeah hes not going anywhere,who ever thinks he is ,is smoking that good stuff.
Reply/Quote

Although I didn't have a DC picked out, to me this is exactly what happens.
Reply/Quote
I'm not so sure. If things are truly as bad as they've looked over the last 3 weeks, it's going to be really hard to excuse keeping Marvin, stubborn or not. This team isn't just losing games, They're getting flat out embarrassed and punked in their own house.

Now, I could see Hue installed as HC, which is just as bad given reports out of Cleveland that he lacked the ability or desire to discipline his players. That wouldn't help from a fan buy-in perspective, but it's enough change that the FO could see it as enough in their own odd way.

If they do what they did last year and win a game or two, maybe even vs Pittsburgh when they come into week 17 and rest their key starters, then I could see Mike and co giving Marvin another year.

I just don't see 5 more games like this happening (which it a real possibility at this point) without serious consideration toward parting ways with the staff. It is irreparably broken at that point and hands will be as close to forced as they get in this town.
Reply/Quote

I see Guenther coming back before Del Rio coming here.  Why on earth would a guy like Del Rio want any part of being second fiddle in this dumpster fire?  He doesn't need to and he likely wouldn't.

Guenther probably isn't long for Oakland.  I could see him back easliy.  He needs to regain some of his reputation if he ever wants to be a HC.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 04:49 PM)samhain Wrote: I see Guenther coming back before Del Rio coming here.  Why on earth would a guy like Del Rio want any part of being second fiddle in this dumpster fire?  He doesn't need to and he likely wouldn't.

Guenther probably isn't long for Oakland.  I could see him back easliy.  He needs to regain some of his reputation if he ever wants to be a HC.

You can't say Guenther because he's still employed as a DC elsewhere. If he's let go in the offseason, sure that likely becomes the leading scenario. But Del Rio is plausible because of his relationship with Marvin.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2018, 02:58 PM)McC Wrote: Two year plan?

Actually, I like the math on that.  It makes me less than eight years old.

Laugh, every year my wife has her 29th birthday. It's been that way for about 30 years.

Reply/Quote