Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike & Marvin will view outraged Fanbase as Unfair evaluators of injury plagued 2018
(12-12-2018, 08:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: That's like asking people who didn't like Kate Upton getting married why they're not Justin Verlander. Sad

Uh, no it isn't.

I have never heard anyone say that what Justin Verlander does is so simple that most fans could do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 03:15 PM)depthchart Wrote: You want to pretend that Rosters are all Mike's handy work & Marvin sits quietly waiting for each seasons Roster that is the 32nd & worst ranked Roster for 16 seasons straight from the Worst Owner of the year each and every year. Thus ABSOLVING Marvin from any blame.

Actually, no, again I never said anything like this.  This is just another strawman you have to build because you can not argue with what I actually said.

All I have said, over and over again, is that Mike Browns moves as owner have handicapped Marvin and made it harder to win.  Almost every single person has said the exact same thing.  Even you have said it, and it burns your ass that I can post a direct quote from you that contradicts your own argument when bashing Marvin.

So why not just let it go.  Stop lying about what I have said.  Stop creating these false strawmen.  Just admit that Marvin has been working under a handicap here with the Bengals and move on.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2018, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no it isn't.

I have never heard anyone say that what Justin Verlander does is so simple that most fans could do it.

Yeah brother, that was meant to be a joke about my jealousy of Verlander...hence the crying emoji. LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2018, 05:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You mean like if they had to play 2018 without their 2x Pro Bowl linebacker, their x3 All-Pro RB held out all year, and they still held the division lead after Week 14?

Shazier was not on the roster this year. Losing Bell hurts but with their o-line Conner has done well. Our loss of Eifert was our biggest loss in 2018 imo. While its true that we have been devastated by injuries I don't think many fans are too enthusiastic about Marvin's return for his seventeenth season. If Marvin is guaranteed money for next year you can bet Mike isn't paying two coaches.
Reply/Quote
The excuses are always the same, injuries and losing close games are why were 5-8. The fact is we've been in 7 close games and have won 4 of them, so Lewis using that as an excuse is a joke.

The Colts game we won because they fumbled in the red zone and we took it back for a td. We beat the falcons on a last second td. The Dolphins game we got lucky to force some turnovers and win a close game.  The Bucs game we almost lost and pulled out a close one.

Lewis has already started his excuses that injuries and close games cost us this season. You can hear him insert it into his comments and then try and pretend like its not an excuse by saying, but again we need to keep shoveling and executing.

It's like the humble brag where someone will pretend to be humble and then insert a brag into the comments. Lewis does the excuses no excuses comments.

The fact is the packers won the Superbowl in 2010 with a huge amount of injuries. The Patriots won a Superbowl a couple years ago with huge injuries. Lewis and the coaches are looking for excuses and they have a receptive ear in Mike Brown. He eats up the excuses like he does inhaling his chocolate bars.

The fans need to stop going to the games. That's the only thing that Mike Brown might listen to. Just do not go to the games. Stop buying the merchandise. 

Send a message to Mike Browns wallet loud and clear, because he only listens to his wallet. I can actually picture Mike Brown petting his wallet and having private conversations with it.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
Chargers have a lot of injuries and are still a good team. Bengals with zero injuries were not a good team. Better than they are now, but still not good. O-line still sucks. The defense is garbage. Bengals rank in the bottom ten of most statistical categories. Blow it up. From the coaching staff on down.
Reply/Quote