Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bengals clinching playoff spot this week
(12-13-2015, 07:16 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Me and a bunch of JNers in the gameday thread agreed that these refs just couldn't handle this game - from the calls to managing the chippiness. Do you know how bad these refs have to be to get Jners on the gameday thread to agree with a Steeler fan? Theoretically, shouldn't even be possible.

It was really bad, but that call was astoundingly awful.  Forward progress is a basic tenant of the game, I wouldn't expect a pop warner ref to make that error.  Not only that but dumbbitch actually upheld the ruling on the field.  Seriously, wtf was going on?!?!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It was really bad, but that call was astoundingly awful.  Forward progress is a basic tenant of the game, I wouldn't expect a pop warner ref to make that error.  Not only that but dumbbitch actually upheld the ruling on the field.  Seriously, wtf was going on?!?!

He never had the 1st down.  He should have been a little closer to the 1st down and ruled down inbounds.  The call actually helped the Steelers.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not to mention the phantom holding call against Whitworth because harrison slipped and fell.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He never had the 1st down.  He should have been a little closer to the 1st down and ruled down inbounds.  The call actually helped the Steelers.

Incorrect.  It would have been very close which would necessitate a measurement, which would stop the clock.  Regardless of the outcome there is plenty of time on the clock to either spike the ball, assuming a first down, or kick the field goal, if it was not.  A horrible call and inexplicably awful.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:42 PM)Beaker Wrote: Not to mention the phantom holding call against Whitworth because harrison slipped and fell.

I agree it was not holding, but any time you have a guy fish hooked around the neck you run the risk of getting called.  It wasn't holding but I'm not shocked it was called.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Incorrect.  It would have been very close which would necessitate a measurement, which would stop the clock.  Regardless of the outcome there is plenty of time on the clock to either spike the ball, assuming a first down, or kick the field goal, if it was not.  A horrible call and inexplicably awful.

At least a half yard if not more.  The ball never crossed the line to gain.  He was hit behind it and stayed behind it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: At least a half yard if not more.  The ball never crossed the line to gain.  He was hit behind it and stayed behind it.

The answer is we'll never know because the side judge has no effing clue what he's doing.  Correctly called it's close at the very least.  Like I said when it happened it's not the result that bothers me so much as a gross misunderstanding of one of the games most basic tenants.
Reply/Quote
One of these weeks.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The answer is we'll never know because the side judge has no effing clue what he's doing.  Correctly called it's close at the very least.  Like I said when it happened it's not the result that bothers me so much as a gross misunderstanding of one of the games most basic tenants.

That's what I said in the gameday thread. he may still be short of the first down, but he sure as hell didn't lose a yard.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 07:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I agree it was not holding, but any time you have a guy fish hooked around the neck you run the risk of getting called.  It wasn't holding but I'm not shocked it was called.

They went back to that later.  He had his left arm wrapped around Harrison's neck.  When he went down it drew attention to it.  Otherwise its (another) hold not called in an NFL game.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote