Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Nugent with (2) more misses today... (6) missed PATs in last 6 games?
(12-12-2016, 04:47 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: As mentioned in other Nuge threads, Randy Bullock is available.  Went 4-4 with the Steelers two weeks ago.  Way bigger leg than Nugent, primary issue was injuries, not accuracy.

Yep. You bring a guy in like that.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:32 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Chances are that none of us know who this person is, as I'm guessing not many keep lists of free agent kickers from college, the Canadian League, and/or the Arena League.  You would think that would be the job of someone within the Bengals front office.

My only point here is where is the replacement you/we are clamoring for? IF the front office has a line on one, would he not have surfaced by now? It seems that most understand Nugent is here for the rest of the season. That's when it's expected the list of available accomplished kickers will be evaluated and pursued.

(12-12-2016, 04:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...Nugent is really bad. He's missed SIX extra points in SIX games.

HOF kickers don't start out as HOF kickers. Give a young kicker a chance and see what they do.

Thanks ...... dude. Add 6 missed field goals, and you have the league leader in missed kicks. Show me where I've missed this revelation. Show me this talented young kicker who needs a chance, and I'd sign him up. Show me where the front office is behind signing a new kicker NOW, and I will toast the move. It just won't happen until the off season unfortunately. That's the reality.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:47 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: As mentioned in other Nuge threads, Randy Bullock is available.  Went 4-4 with the Steelers two weeks ago.  Way bigger leg than Nugent, primary issue was injuries, not accuracy.

And if injury concerns are legitimate, that makes availability questionable, does it not? Without any more detail than that, I can see why he's not a Bengal today. Who cares how good someone is IF they can't make to the field because of injuries?
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: And if injury concerns are legitimate, that makes availability questionable, does it not? Without any more detail than that, I can see why he's not a Bengal today. Who cares how good someone is IF they can't make to the field because of injuries?

I think it's more a case of blind loyalty with the Bengals. When was the last time the Bengals got rid of an underperforming player?

We've seen the Bengals stick with underperforming starters for years like Bodine, Ghiaciuc, etc. They eben release statements about how well a player is performing.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:51 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: My only point here is where is the replacement you/we are clamoring for? IF the front office has a line on one, would he not have surfaced by now? It seems that most understand Nugent is here for the rest of the season. That's when it's expected the list of available accomplished kickers will be evaluated and pursued.

Thanks ...... dude. Add 6 missed field goals, and you have the league leader in missed kicks. Show me where I've missed this revelation. Show me this talented young kicker who needs a chance, and I'd sign him up. Show me where the front office is behind signing a new kicker NOW, and I will toast the move. It just won't happen until the off season unfortunately. That's the reality.

.....and that's a shame.  This is how you get all of this questions about accountability from the fanbase.  The Rams are tanking?  Fisher is fired.  Nugent should have been fired after London.  It literally couldn't have gotten much worse, and it would have been a loud and clear message. 

This version of the Cincinnati Bengals has been one of the most underachieving teams I've ever seen.....why should they worry though?  No one ever gets canned around here, no matter what.  Someone's head should have rolled for sticking with Ogbuehi that long.  Will it?  We know that's most likely a no.  We will never hoist a Lombardi with this mindset.  Champions don't put up with it because "someone's on a contract", or due to loyalty.  When folks become complacent, or "lose it", championship organizations cut bait.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 04:55 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: And if injury concerns are legitimate, that makes availability questionable, does it not? Without any more detail than that, I can see why he's not a Bengal today. Who cares how good someone is IF they can't make to the field because of injuries?

Bullock isn't injured now. He kicked last week for the Steelers. Injury issues were with the Texans. He was the Groza winner in college. Still young, big leg, available on the cheap. He's not a Bengal because Brown is too cheap to bring in someone else. Any other team in the division would've canned the Nuge a long time ago. Even Hobspin can't polish this turd.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 05:48 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Bullock isn't injured now.  He kicked last week for the Steelers.  Injury issues were with the Texans.  He was the Groza winner in college.  Still young, big leg, available on the cheap.  He's not a Bengal because Brown is too cheap to bring in someone else. Any other team in the division would've canned the Nuge a long time ago.  Even Hobspin can't polish this turd.

Damn....he was a Groza winner.....and we still went No Make Nuge?  That's inexcusable.  Eff these dumbasses in this org....they're not even trying.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 01:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The advantage of getting rid of him now is you can try out his replacement.

Now I'm picturing us signing a kicker next year and not finding out if he is really any good until the games count.  After that, he's signed for the whole year so we're stuck with him for the same reason we are stuck with Nugent now.  Oof.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Now I'm picturing us signing a kicker next year and not finding out if he is really any good until the games count.  After that, he's signed for the whole year so we're stuck with him for the same reason we are stuck with Nugent now.  Oof.

Yep.....it's ***** stupid.

Reply/Quote
Nugent will be replaced...in the off season.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:37 PM)Beaker Wrote: Nugent will be replaced...in the off season.

Yup.  Hope the new guy is good, because we'll be 100% stuck with him for years. The depressing part isn't Nugent...it's the way it is being handled (or not handled) that just looks like yet another symptom of the Mike Brown curse.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yup.  Hope the new guy is good, because we'll be 100% stuck with him for years.  The depressing part isn't Nugent...it's the way it is being handled (or not handled) that just looks like yet another symptom of the Mike Brown curse.

The depressing part is that people are whining about it.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: The depressing part is that people are whining about it.

Meh, what can you do?  Demand a fan-trade to another team?  Pick an NFC team to adopt as your "other favorite" until things blow over?
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:45 PM)Beaker Wrote: The depressing part is that people are whining about it.

How so?  You enjoy watching the guy meltdown and cost the team games in the process?  It's gotta be hell on him too.  This is pretty much what the board is for.....among other things.....to vent to other fans about dumb decisions.  This one is about as dumb as it gets....even for Son of Paul.

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, what can you do?  Demand a fan-trade to another team?  Pick an NFC team to adopt as your "other favorite" until things blow over?

Pass on being Coltsfanoftwentyotherteams..... LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: How so?  You enjoy watching the guy meltdown and cost the team games in the process?  It's gotta be hell on him too.  This is pretty much what the board is for.....among other things.....to vent to other fans about dumb decisions.  This one is about as dumb as it gets....even for Son of Paul.

We're riding out the season with him. That's been made abundantly clear a few weeks ago. The Bengals are not going anywhere this season. Yet people still think "venting" about it on a MB will either A) make something different happen, or B) make themselves feel better. In truth, it does neither of those things. It simply brings up the misery over and over.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:53 PM)Beaker Wrote: We're riding out the season with him. That's been made abundantly clear a few weeks ago. The Bengals are not going anywhere this season. Yet people still think "venting" about it on a MB will either A) make something different happen, or B) make themselves feel better. In truth, it does neither of those things. It simply brings up the misery over and over.

One could logically argue that the Bengals aren't going anywhere this season due in no small part to the lack of accountability slapping us in the face by this very lack of action. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One could logically argue that the Bengals aren't going anywhere this season due in no small part to the lack of accountability slapping us in the face by this very lack of action. 

They arent going anyplace because nobody realized just how gutted they really were by last off season. New OC, 5 new position coaches, rookie starting at LT, all new WRs other than AJ, and Eifert and Burfict out for the first quarter of the season.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:57 PM)Beaker Wrote: They arent going anyplace because nobody realized just how gutted they really were by last off season. New OC, 5 new position coaches, rookie starting at LT, all new WRs other than AJ, and Eifert and Burfict out for the first quarter of the season.

I guess the fact that we can't kick extra points is just the cherry on top.  No sense holding the kicker accountable if Burfict spent the first few games suspended, I guess.  Anyways, I see your coping method is of the "What's the point?" variety.

We all have our ways of dealing with this crap.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 06:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: One could logically argue that the Bengals aren't going anywhere this season due in no small part to the lack of accountability slapping us in the face by this very lack of action. 

This is some of it....and I get what you're saying Beaker....but I live in a house with a wife...two daughters...and a female dog. LMAO My brother lives miles away....most people around here watch basketball....gag....so here is one of the only places some of us have to discuss this stuff and the dumbass moves (or lack thereof). 

Reply/Quote