Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia School System closes for the day over threats bc of Islam homework
(12-21-2015, 11:23 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: We canoed and camped "The Trough" a few times, on the south branch of thr Potomac.
It was beautiful and I've been dying to go back.

I'm within a ten minute drive of both branches of the Shenandoah River. Within thirty minutes I can be on top of either the Alleghenies or the Blue Ridge (with a small range in the middle that creates a valley within the valley just north of me). I love it here because while I live in a "city" I don't have to go very far to be engulfed in wilderness.
(12-21-2015, 09:40 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: West Virginia, the butt of all jokes in Virginia and Maryland. 

(12-21-2015, 10:47 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Ohio, too.

Beautiful state though.

And PA....

Although (and Matt knows because his family is from the same area I live in) those jokes can hit close to home the further south you go in PA.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-21-2015, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: And PA....

Although (and Matt knows because his family is from the same area I live in) those jokes can hit close to home the further south you go in PA.

Doesn't stop them, though. LOL

My uncle, who lives in Fayette County, still cracks WV jokes. Let me tell you, he doesn't have much room to talk.

Edit: Okay, what happened to the smilies, guys!?
(12-21-2015, 12:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Doesn't stop them, though. LOL

My uncle, who lives in Fayette County, still cracks WV jokes. Let me tell you, he doesn't have much room to talk.

The smilies broke when the Bengals made the playoffs and won a game with their back up QB.  Mellow
(12-21-2015, 12:28 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Doesn't stop them, though. LOL

Oh, there's some hilljack in my family. 
I believe one of my great-grandmothers was from Wetzel county, WV.
Wink
(12-21-2015, 11:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nope, the bfines were Republican. It was them Dems that did all that stuff while the Republicans fought for change.

What's your Political affiliation?

BTW, upload your lunch money to my goggle wallet

Then you still support the Taliban because Reagan did, right?

What a silly little argument.  Social conservative Christians were the ones who opposed women's right to vote, interracial marriage, civil rights movement, etc.  And that is the persuasive authority in West Virginia "society" right now.
(12-21-2015, 11:48 AM)GMDino Wrote: And PA....

The worst part about living in PA is knowing that no matter how well you treat a woman she will leave you for 5 minutes of drunk bathroom pseudo-rape with Pig Ben.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-22-2015, 01:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The worst part about living in PA is knowing that no matter how well you treat a woman she will leave you for 5 minutes of drunk bathroom pseudo-rape with Pig Ben.

That's Georgia ya yinzer...

Ninja
(12-22-2015, 02:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's Georgia ya yinzer...

Ninja

[Image: 102-Animal-House-quotes.gif]
(12-22-2015, 01:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then you still support the Taliban because Reagan did, right?

What a silly little argument.  Social conservative Christians were the ones who opposed women's right to vote, interracial marriage, civil rights movement, etc.  And that is the persuasive authority in West Virginia "society" right now.

I did oppose the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan; did you? 

How unique to say "Folks like you, not me did those things in the past".

It must get tiring being so awesome all the time. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-20-2015, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am an expert on the society in which these children will have to function if they ever want to come out of the hills.

Again, you can't say society sets the norms and then say everyone can set their own norms.  These people think they are special and deserve special treatment.  That means they do not want to function by the norms that society has set.

Interesting, when did you flip-flop?
(12-22-2015, 06:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I did oppose the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan; did you?  How unique to say "Folks like you, not me did those things in the past". It must get tiring being so awesome all the time. 

Begin, Reagan, Palestine, terror on the airline.  Ayatollah's in Iran, Russians in Afghanistan
Now we got one where the mother is all upset about her 7 year old daughter getting henna tattoos all over her hands at school and now the Christmas pictures involving her daughter will be ruined, not to mention that the school didn't send home a permission slip for them to sign either.

https://www.yahoo.com/parenting/mom-outraged-after-7-year-old-comes-home-from-164219632.html
If you want to keep religion out of public schools then keep all religions out of school not the ones you pick and choose.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!