Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tice
Oline coach from the 2nd best Oline (Oakland) is free...

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 3m3 minutes ago

Two coaches of note on #Raiders staff who have expiring deals: OC Bill Musgrave and OL coach Mike Tice.

Will the Bengals seek upgrade from Alexander? Doubt it. They've already blew it by letting Munchak get to the Steelers. Maybe it's too much to ask to seek upgrades to position coaches that have struggled or their scheme is severely outdated by 25 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Man, that would be great if we went after Tice. Just sounds way too good to be true.

I would love it if we grabbed Musgrave and Tice. This would improve our team more than anything.

Offense would immediately be ten times better.
Reply/Quote
If I owned this team, Tice would be here today.
Reply/Quote
Why the hell would Oakland not resign him?

Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander is here until Mike passes away. Probably even after. He's essentially a part of the Brown family at this point (God only knows why, maybe he shares the Brown affinity for Wendy's burgers?)
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Paul Alexander is here until Mike passes away. Probably even after. He's essentially a part of the Brown family at this point (God only knows why, maybe he shares the Brown affinity for Wendy's burgers?)

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.  At the very least, though, could they at least gag him and tie him to a chair on Draft days?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why the hell would Oakland not resign him?

Well wait, I thought you said it's Marvin's team and MB doesn't have anything to do with decisions except not to fire Marvin?
Reply/Quote
As I said elsewhere, Bengals will do minimal changes as they enter the 2017 season trying to replicate how they entered the 2016 season. Nothin major will change anywhere unless a contract is up. Even Pacman will be back, bet on it. This team is a joke and continue to be until they prove us wrong.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
I think Tice and Delrio were contemporaries - played then head coached at the same time. So how do you beat out your contemporary - let him go!
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well wait, I thought you said it's Marvin's team and MB doesn't have anything to do with decisions except not to fire Marvin?

Think you're confusing me with someone else...

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Paul Alexander is here until Mike passes away. Probably even after. He's essentially a part of the Brown family at this point (God only knows why, maybe he shares the Brown affinity for Wendy's burgers?)

(01-09-2017, 01:38 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah, he's not going anywhere.  At the very least, though, could they at least gag him and tie him to a chair on Draft days?

(01-09-2017, 01:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: As I said elsewhere, Bengals will do minimal changes as they enter the 2017 season trying to replicate how they entered the 2016 season. Nothin major will change anywhere unless a contract is up. Even Pacman will be back, bet on it. This team is a joke and continue to be until they prove us wrong.

You guys just know how to bring me down. Cause you are probably right.

We aren't going anywhere in the Playoffs until PA is replaced. Dalton won't have the time to throw the ball and there
won't be good holes in the running game ever consistently. Don't care if they draft another Center, PA doesn't have a
clue in grading Centers (Bodine) or coaching them up (Gutcheck, Cook, Bodine, TJ).
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well wait, I thought you said it's Marvin's team and MB doesn't have anything to do with decisions except not to fire Marvin?

I was mostly being facetious here, but it still somewhat true. So Mike won't fire Marvin or PA, his two biggest current flaws. Mike still has nothing to do with the overall bulls*** we see on game days. That all falls on Marv 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You guys just know how to bring me down. Cause you are probably right.

We aren't going anywhere in the Playoffs until PA is replaced. Dalton won't have the time to throw the ball and there
won't be good holes in the running game ever consistently. Don't care if they draft another Center, PA doesn't have a
clue in grading Centers (Bodine) or coaching them up (Gutcheck, Cook, Bodine, TJ).

Have a little hope, Nate.  I can remember when many around here thought that Bratkowski was a fixture for life.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

PA wears the same Cloak of Invincibility as Marvin since he predates him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Why wouldn't Oakland resign the coach? Sounds fishy..
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I'm pretty sure Mike Tice is looking for an upgrade to offensive coordinator or, ideally, to head coach somewhere.
Reply/Quote
Paul Alexander is here until he retires.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:06 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Have a little hope, Nate.  I can remember when many around here thought that Bratkowski was a fixture for life.

That is true! Thanks Sunset, i will have a little hope. :andy:

BTW, if Tice wants an upgrade i would take him over Zampese as our next OC.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I'm pretty sure Mike Tice is looking for an upgrade to offensive coordinator or, ideally, to head coach somewhere.

Am ok with giving him the OC job and bumping Zampese back down to QB coach. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 02:31 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Am ok with giving him the OC job and bumping Zampese back down to QB coach. 

Eh, i like Lazor as the QB coach. Put Zamp somewhere else if he wants to stay here.
Reply/Quote