Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Tice
(01-09-2017, 09:36 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I don't trust ANYONE MB picks, because of his history. He had 10 plus years to get someone onboard after he took ownership in 1991, and the ONLY reason the Bengals have even been to the playoffs, 7 times in the last 13 years, is because of Marvin.  Yes, yes, making the playoffs doesn't matter unless you win the last game, but there is no possible way you can win the last game, unless you MAKE the playoffs.

Am I one of those guys who automatically believes and/or fears that MB 'could' make a worse choice? No.  But I'm not so sure HE has the confidence to move away from Marvin BECAUSE of that fear himself.

I'm 99.9% sure, IF, Marvin repeats, next year, his 2009 and 2011 years, by making the playoffs after 4-11-1 and a 4-12 seasons, he WILL be extended!!

That would be bullshit if we don't win in the Playoffs.

Plus who is to say that Marv wants to be HC forever?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That would be bullshit if we don't win in the Playoffs.

Plus who is to say that Marv wants to be HC forever?

I'm thinking he will get extended before the playoffs Nate.  After all, you are talking about an owner who extended him after the 4-12 season.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:45 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I'm thinking he will get extended before the playoffs Nate.  After all, you are talking about an owner who extended him after the 4-12 season.

Well i just hope you are wrong man.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well i just hope you are wrong man.

You and me both.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 01:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: Oline coach from the 2nd best Oline (Oakland) is free...

Adam Caplan @caplannfl 3m3 minutes ago

Two coaches of note on #Raiders staff who have expiring deals: OC Bill Musgrave and OL coach Mike Tice.

Will the Bengals seek upgrade from Alexander? Doubt it. They've already blew it by letting Munchak get to the Steelers. Maybe it's too much to ask to seek upgrades to position coaches that have struggled or their scheme is severely outdated by 25 years.

GREAT!!!!

Oh wait, we are unable to make any changes because, ... well ... just because.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Mike Tice, that's cool and all, but I don't think he was a great head coach. Remember the boat scandal?

I was going to make my own thread about who I want as our next coaching candidate, but It seems redundant and everyone hates my threads for the most part anyways Big Grin

I think the perfect candidate for this job is Mike Munchak.

1. He has head coaching experience, and while he didn't have much success, experience is big.
2. The biggest issue with this team is the O-line. What better what to improve the play of this group than by bringing in an ex NFL lineman to help adjust the issue.
3. You take away IMO a huge piece of the Steelers recent success. We like to talk about how the O-line of Pitt gets away with anything, but they also are very good whether you want to admit it or not.

I think Mike Munchak has such great value, but its okay, Marvin does too I guess.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Mike Tice, that's cool and all, but I don't think he was a great head coach. Remember the boat scandal?

I was going to make my own thread about who I want as our next coaching candidate, but It seems redundant and everyone hates my threads for the most part anyways Big Grin

1. He has head coaching experience, and while he didn't have much success, experience is big.
2. The biggest issue with this team is the O-line. What better what to improve the play of this group than by bringing in an ex NFL lineman to help adjust the issue.
3. You take away IMO a huge piece of the Steelers recent success. We like to talk about how the O-line of Pitt gets away with anything, but they also are very good whether you want to admit it or not.

I think Mike Munchak has such great value, but its okay, Marvin does too I guess.

I don't think anyone wants Tice as HC......at least I don't.  I just want someone, anyone, to replace that turd Piano Man.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 11:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think anyone wants Tice as HC......at least I don't.  I just want someone, anyone, to replace that turd Piano Man.

Do you think Munoz would be willing to take a pay cut from announcing??  Cool   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Tice isnt coming over here in a lateral move

Piano man PA Paul Alexander isnt going anywhere. There is no hope. hes had this job for decades. He would have to step down. Hes making easy money. Especially since he knows the OL well now he doesnt need to coach. " Do what youve been doing while I write piano songs for my album"
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 11:26 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Do you think Munoz would be willing to take a pay cut from announcing??  Cool   Hilarious

Damn, I wish! ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2017, 09:57 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Mike Tice, that's cool and all, but I don't think he was a great head coach. Remember the boat scandal?

Munchak is a good one. Too bad Marv will be back atleast one more year.
Reply/Quote