Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Mike White Killed the Bengals
When this defense has struggled, it has been to dink and dunk offenses with easy completions built into the scheme. Look no further than the Bears game when Dalton was playing. I don't recall a pass going further than 10 yards in that half of football, but Dalton made it look easy. Lou will need to account for this and adjust. It's a shame we took the L but our season is very much still alive. Every team has a bad game every now and then. The important thing is to learn from your losses.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:23 PM)Whacked Wrote: Dude looked like Tom Brady against us.

ive seen this movie before over and over...remember Nick Mullens, or that dude on texans or a  bunch of other guys I cant recall...the bengals are the goto team if you have an unproven QB to get them off to right start.
Mike frickin TB 12 incarnate White!? Was Joe Burrow taking notes? 
Reply/Quote
Just found out Mike White is the first jet QB to throw for 400 yards. That's insane...
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 09:56 PM)Tony Wrote: Just found out Mike White is the first jet QB to throw for 400 yards. That's insane...

Not true, Namath once had 495 against the Colts. That said, it was an outrageous amount of yardage for a guy making his first NFL start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 07:19 PM)Tony Wrote: I know I wasn't the only one that didn't believe this defense was elite... We all knew this kinda performance was coming deep down...

I think this defense IS elite but an incorrect scheme and a bad game plan can render even the best defense inept. You can put the ‘85 Bears’ defense or the ‘00 Ravens’ defensive personnel in the wrong positions and they’ll get torched like villagers going after an ogre. Lou Anarumo has been terrific this season until now; today his scheme was rotten.
Reply/Quote
If someone told you before the game that this nobody Quarterback,having his first ever NFL start,would throw for over 400 yards against a top 5 defense,would you have believed them?
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:32 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Not true, Namath once had 495 against the Colts. That said, it was an outrageous amount of yardage for a guy making his first NFL start.

According to PFT, it was the 2nd time a QB threw for 400 yards in his first start.

The only other one was Cam Newton in 2011.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Now a backup is about to win the game for Dallas. What a weird day.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 12:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Now a backup is about to win the game for Dallas. What a weird day.

Zimmers time is done, talk about wasting talent .. 
Reply/Quote
As per usual with no name qb's vs the Bengals. A star was born last night.

More proof you don't need to take a qb in the top 5 to find a gem. JETS have found their qb.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: As per usual with no name qb's vs the Bengals. A star was born last night.

More proof you don't need to take a qb in the top 5 to find a gem. JETS have found their qb.

LOL LOL LOL

I guess the Cowboys should just trade Dak now that they “found” Cooper Rush! You know - - since he had one good game and all...

You’re too much.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:46 PM)Tony Wrote: Some dude no one ever heard of just went for 400 and 3 tds.. The defense not adjusting to the screens, passes into the flat is why they lost.. What I don't understand is why they never adjusted and tried something other than playing off instead of bump and playing to much Zone. This one is one Lou and the defense... Back to getting killed in the media... On to Cleveland is all you can say at this point..

He just earned himself some money i think this offeseason
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

I guess the Cowboys should just trade Dak now that they “found” Cooper Rush! You know - - since he had one good game and all...

You’re too much.

if mike white plays like that until Wilson is healthy the jets will have a decision to make.

One which do you keep the one winning on the field or the one that Won being drafted higher.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if mike white plays like that until Wilson is healthy the jets will have a decision to make.

One which do you keep the one winning on the field or the one that Won being drafted higher.

He’s not going to keep playing like that. You can’t live week to week just dinking and dunking…

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not going to keep playing like that. You can’t live week to week just dinking and dunking…

he just ate up what the defense was giving him like most QBs do...

Cant say he cant throw deep yet.

point is he played better than their top Draft pick @ QB....
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:41 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if mike white plays like that until Wilson is healthy the jets will have a decision to make.

Anyway, my reaction was more about the absurd claim that you don’t need to use high draft picks on QB’s because you can just “find gems” like 5th rounder Mike White. But hey, it’s a Monday after a bad loss. The exaggerations and hot takes are flowing.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, my reaction was more about the absurd claim that you don’t need to use high draft picks on QB’s because you can just “find gems” like 5th rounder Mike White. But hey, it’s a Monday after a bad loss. The exaggerations and hot takes are flowing.

You can find Gems in the late rounds... They usually never get a shot though if you have a Highly drafted QB on roster.  (or if flacco had been there longer White probly would not have gotten a shot)

But agree he will have to do it more than 1 time to move the needle.

You can find Gems at any position and even UDFA.... players drafted earlier.. Check more boxes. But that doesnt always pan out
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 11:32 PM)Ctfan73 Wrote: Not true, Namath once had 495 against the Colts. That said, it was an outrageous amount of yardage for a guy making his first NFL start.

Ok it was the first since Testaverde in over 20 years... I heard it wrong... Unbelievable,  to the worst offense on the Bengals schedule too.. I knew the Defense was a fraud. I think everyone did..
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 10:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: As per usual with no name qb's vs the Bengals. A star was born last night.

I guarantee you this asshole Mike White is back to the bench in 4-6 weeks... This was an anomaly and something the Bengals are known for...
He can't pass deep it's obvious.  The 1 he did yesterday was 10 yards over dudes head. It's because our defense was shitty at tackling. Trust me, this guy isn't the next Brady.. Everyone will forget about him after this thursday...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: You can find Gems in the late rounds... They usually never get a shot though if you have a Highly drafted QB on roster.  (or if flacco had been there longer White probly would not have gotten a shot)

But agree he will have to do it more than 1 time to move the needle.

You can find Gems at any position and even UDFA.... players drafted earlier.. Check more boxes. But that doesnt always pan out

Well ofc you can, but it’s pretty rare. Especially at QB. You have a couple like Brady and Dak, but for the most part the best QB’s in the league right now are 1st rounders.

Aaron Rodgers
Matthew Stafford
Kyler Murray
Josh Allen
Joe Burrow
Patrick Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Justin Herbert

Reply/Quote