Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Mike White Killed the Bengals
(11-01-2021, 01:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL LOL LOL

I guess the Cowboys should just trade Dak now that they “found” Cooper Rush! You know - - since he had one good game and all...

You’re too much.

Dak is proven. Wilson isn't. NEXT! 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:52 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyway, my reaction was more about the absurd claim that you don’t need to use high draft picks on QB’s because you can just “find gems” like 5th rounder Mike White. But hey, it’s a Monday after a bad loss. The exaggerations and hot takes are flowing.

You can find gems. Usually the 1st overall pick at QB doesn't even turn out to be the best one of the class. You swinging and missing. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:13 PM)jj22 Wrote: Dak is proven. Wilson isn't. NEXT! 

I never said Wilson is going to be any good. But it’s absurd to claim the Jets “found a gem” based off one game.

NFL history is littered with QB’s who were total bums that went out and had a surprising game. Tim Tebow hung 316 yards and 2 TD’s on the Steelers in the playoffs one year. I’m sure there was plenty of overreactions to that game, too…

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: You can find gems. Usually the 1st overall pick at QB doesn't even turn out to be the best one of the class. You swinging and missing. 

Yet the ones that were are all Hall of Famers (John Elway, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc).

And I’ve already pointed out that a bunch of the best QB’s in the league right now were #1 picks (Stafford, Murray, Burrow). And then you have guys like Allen, Herbert, and Mahomes who were all top 10.

But you’re right, I’m sure teams will start focusing on finding their QB’s on day 3 because of what Mike White did yesterday… Ninja

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 01:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s not going to keep playing like that. You can’t live week to week just dinking and dunking…

I agree with this.. His avg air yards per pass was like 4.2... This only happens to the Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 05:00 PM)Tony Wrote: I agree with this.. His avg air yards per pass was like 4.2... This only happens to the Bengals...

I mean, I'd take Burrow throwing dink and dunk for 400 yards, 3 TDs, and a win.

It's too bad the Bengals can't adapt fast enough, that's a marvin trait.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

It was about the time that Lou called a bad game but lets see how he calls a game against an desperate Cleveland team. They will come in here desperate & hungry!!!
How does a " playoff" team respond. The only team in the division that we'll have to see on the road is Cleveland the rest of the way. They can still win the division if they take care of business Sunday and at home. They have pivotal AFC games at home the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 03:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yet the ones that were are all Hall of Famers (John Elway, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning, etc).

And I’ve already pointed out that a bunch of the best QB’s in the league right now were #1 picks (Stafford, Murray, Burrow). And then you have guys like Allen, Herbert, and Mahomes who were all top 10.

But you’re right, I’m sure teams will start focusing on finding their QB’s on day 3 because of what Mike White did yesterday… Ninja

Lets not forget TB12 was a 6th rounder..so yea it can happen but in todays over analyzed game I think those late round "gems" at QB are extremely rare. Im very curious as to how Mikey White does next week. 
Reply/Quote