Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams
Just wanted to throw out he ran a 4.5 40 at his pro day (reports from 4.49-4.56). Even with it being a pro day time it is a very good speed for a guy some thought may run slower than a 4.6. To put it in perspective AJ was a 4.5, Dez a 4.52 and Antonio Brown a 4.47.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just wanted to throw out he ran a 4.5 40  at his pro day (reports from 4.49-4.56). Even with it being a pro day time it is a very good speed for a guy some thought may run slower than a 4.6. To put it in perspective AJ was a 4.5, Dez a 4.52 and Antonio Brown a 4.47.

hand time + .5 is typically how they get the actual time.  This is why he didn't run the combine because he's a 4.6 guy all day long.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:52 PM)Okeana Wrote: hand time + .5 is typically how they get the actual time.  This is why he didn't run the combine because he's a 4.6 guy all day long.

This is so hit or miss anymore because a lot of the guys run on the same synthetic turfs. Different scouts build in the  variance in the way they time. That is why I posted the range of times being reported.

He is a sub 4.6 guy. !f we are going to call him a 4.6 guy then you have to call AJ Green or Dez Bryant, who ran in the low to mid 4.5 range at their pro days, "4.6 guys all day" but of course no one is doing that. Bottom line Mike Williams can run on par with AJ/Dez, and the other large WR's people compare him to but say he is slower than.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:52 PM)Okeana Wrote: hand time + .5 is typically how they get the actual time.  This is why he didn't run the combine because he's a 4.6 guy all day long.

His second was a 4.49
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 01:01 PM)Au165 Wrote: This is so hit or miss anymore because a lot of the guys run on the same synthetic turfs. Different scouts build in the  variance in the way they time. That is why I posted the range of times being reported.

He is a sub 4.6 guy. !f we are going to call him a 4.6 guy then you have to call AJ Green or Dez Bryant, who ran in the low to mid 4.5 range at their pro days, "4.6 guys all day" but of course no one is doing that. Bottom line Mike Williams can run on par with AJ/Dez, and the other large WR's people compare him to but say he is slower than.

AJ didn't even run the 40 at his pro day.  Why not run at the combine if he's not scared to compete ? 

MW isn't the kinda guy who's making his money off his speed so I think this is still irrelevant.  

1.  This draft is deep in fast receivers no need to waste a first round pick on a WR for a guy to compete for the #2 or #3 receiver spot

2.  MW has some of the ugliest route running for a top wide receiver Ive seen in awhile.  Dude is gonna get destroyed by NFL corners

3.  MW is not a natural hands guy and makes a ton of body catches.

And for all these reasons I'm out

[Image: why-barbara-corcoran-never-invests-in-rich-kids.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 01:23 PM)Okeana Wrote: AJ didn't even run the 40 at his pro day.  Why not run at the combine if he's not scared to compete ? 

MW isn't the kinda guy who's making his money off his speed so I think this is still irrelevant.  

1.  This draft is deep in fast receivers no need to waste a first round pick on a WR for a guy to compete for the #2 or #3 receiver spot

2.  MW has some of the ugliest route running for a top wide receiver Ive seen in awhile.  Dude is gonna get destroyed by NFL corners

3.  MW is not a natural hands guy and makes a ton of body catches.

And for all these reasons I'm out

[Image: why-barbara-corcoran-never-invests-in-rich-kids.jpg]

Exactly. If the Bengals want a big WR, just get a fast receiving TE from this draft. I'd rather OJ Howard at 9 over Mike Williams honestly. Or Evan Engram at 41 if he's there. But I'd prefer John Ross or Corey Davis over both if a receiving threat is taken.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly. If the Bengals want a big WR, just get a fast receiving TE from this draft. I'd rather OJ Howard at 9 over Mike Williams honestly. Or Evan Engram at 41 if he's there. But I'd prefer John Ross or Corey Davis over both if a receiving threat is taken.

Agreed on OJ over Williams. I'd honestly rather have Zay Jones in the second versus everyone else mentioned though.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 12:37 PM)Au165 Wrote: Just wanted to throw out he ran a 4.5 40  at his pro day (reports from 4.49-4.56). Even with it being a pro day time it is a very good speed for a guy some thought may run slower than a 4.6. To put it in perspective AJ was a 4.5, Dez a 4.52 and Antonio Brown a 4.47.

Daniel Jeremiah tweeted out that a scout had Mike Williams at 4.58 and 4.56 on his two 40-yard runs. This is as expected, as Okeana said, take the times run at pro day and tack on about .5. That would put Mike Williams right in that low 4.6 range. Maybe he really is just under 4.6, but he sure isn't sub-4.5. More like upper 4.5's to low 4.6's.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/842380619329941504
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I don't want a WR at #9. If we were going to go with Williams I'd like to move back a few spots.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Espn has it at 4.49 and 4.50 as his 2 runs. I would love him at 9. Get aj greens replacement.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Espn has it at 4.49 and 4.50 as his 2 runs. I would love him at 9. Get aj greens replacement.

He would not/should not replace Green. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:45 PM)magikod Wrote: I don't want a WR at #9. If we were going to go with Williams I'd like to move back a few spots.

He very well could be off the board before 9.  San Diego and Tennessee could both use WRs.

I just get the feeling that we are going DE unless there is a big run on them in the top 6
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He very well could be off the board before 9.  San Diego and Tennessee could both use WRs.

I just get the feeling that we are going DE unless there is a big run on them in the top 6

i think titans go lattimore and chargers go hooker. I also think we will be picking between charlton or barnett and i dont think either of those players are as high on their boards.
Reply/Quote

Daniel Jeremiah said during the combine that teams only use their own hand times on a prospect. They don't care what the combine or other teams time them at, so times can vary widely from team to team.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Espn has it at 4.49 and 4.50 as his 2 runs. I would love him at 9. Get aj greens replacement.

Replacement? Already looking ahead to the 2020 season?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: i think titans go lattimore and chargers go hooker. I also think we will be picking between charlton or barnett and i dont think either of those players are as high on their boards.

I don't think Charlton will be in play at #9.  Maybe if we move down, but I don't see that at 9.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:21 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't think Charlton will be in play at #9.  Maybe if we move down, but I don't see that at 9.

Let's say the following prospects are all gone by #9....

Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Hooker
Adams
Lattimore

I think at least one (if not both) of Cook and Fournette will also be gone.
1-2 QBs could also be gone.

There will pretty much be questions with every prospect who remains. That's why I'm starting to hope more and more that unless one of the top five in my above list is there (not considering Lattimore because too many 1st round CBs already), I hope the Bengals trade down with a team in the early-to-mid teens who needs a QB or their favorite receiving threat. For what the Bengals need, all the remaining prospects are in the teens range.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's say the following prospects are all gone by #9....

Garrett
Allen
Thomas
Hooker
Adams
Lattimore

I think at least one (if not both) of Cook and Fournette will also be gone.
1-2 QBs could also be gone.

There will pretty much be questions with every prospect who remains. That's why I'm starting to hope more and more that unless one of the top five in my above list is there (not considering Lattimore because too many 1st round CBs already), I hope the Bengals trade down with a team in the early-to-mid teens who needs a QB or their favorite receiving threat. For what the Bengals need, all the remaining prospects are in the teens range.

And I'll follow up with if a trade partner can't be found, just take one of the following and live with a possible slight reach at 9:
Cook or Fournette if one is there
Barnett
Foster
Reddick
Howard
Ross
Davis
Williams
Ramczyk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:02 PM)Jpoore Wrote: i think titans go lattimore and chargers go hooker. I also think we will be picking between charlton or barnett and i dont think either of those players are as high on their boards.

if we draft charlton at #9 i would be so pissed
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:06 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Daniel Jeremiah said during the combine that teams only use their own hand times on a prospect. They don't care what the combine or other teams time them at, so times can vary widely from team to team.

This is why I think it is so funny people like to add on set numbers to everyone's stop watch. If a 20 year scout clocks him at 4.5 and another one clocks him at a 4.55 the team is going with their guy of 20 years who says he is a 4.5 guy. There are teams who hand time the combine then hand time pro days and see no difference, that is one way they like to compare the preparation to see how serious they took each event or if they improved from one to another.

I stand by what I said, Williams is plenty fast to separate and play as a #1 in the NFL. I am not even saying he is a fit in Cincy, but he is good enough to be.
Reply/Quote