Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams
(01-10-2017, 11:59 AM)Wyche Wrote: He's a suitor!

Mama says he's bona fide. 

I'd still prefer a DE in the 1st though. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: see I've been doing my mocks based on 2 2nd round draft picks since I think we get a second for mccarron at least so I go Mike Williams demarcus Walker pat elflien in first 2 rounds.

I could go with that.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 12:28 PM)Jpoore Wrote: see I've been doing my mocks based on 2 2nd round draft picks since I think we get a second for mccarron at least so I go Mike Williams demarcus Walker pat elflien in first 2 rounds.

That would be completely awesome- which means it won't happen.
Reply/Quote
He's a beast. He really got cheap shotted early in that game. Still managed to have an impact.
Reply/Quote
God even if aj goes down I would have way more trust in the offense than I do now if lafell would be our number 1 as opposed to Williams. Starting offense skill players of Williams, green both players that need double coverage. Eifert and Boyd working the middle with gio and bulkhead as pass catching rbs. How do u stop all those weapons?
Reply/Quote
Announcers said 6'5" websites list him at 6'3". If he is 6'5" that is even more tempting.

Seems like there is always early round receivers who can never get their careers going for whatever health reasons. Josh Doctson, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White.

Williams probably had a couple concussions last night. And the broken neck is an issue. But man. If he does fulfill his potential we have the best pass catching corps in the league.
Reply/Quote
http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/11/30/dabo-swinney-mike-williams-a-more-complete-wr-than-watkins-hopkins/

Dabo says he is better than Sammy Watkins and Deandre Hopkins. Problem is he looks a little like Martavis Bryant and hopefully he doesnt associate with anyone Martavis knows.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Announcers said 6'5" websites list him at 6'3". If he is 6'5" that is even more tempting.

Seems like there is always early round receivers who can never get their careers going for whatever health reasons. Josh Doctson, Breshad Perriman, Kevin White.

Williams probably had a couple concussions last night. And the broken neck is an issue. But man. If he does fulfill his potential we have the best pass catching corps in the league.

Treadwell also, not injury related but he couldnt even get on the field and I dont think Williams is as good as Treadwell so...yea. I agree with what someone else said on here, If we are not going to draft a DE/OL/LB then draft a play making RB so we can be done with Hill and prepared if Gio is not ready. But like every year everyone gets caught up in the hype with these skill position players. Me included. If you was to ask anyone around say...week 10 who they wanted to draft, im pretty sure the obvious answer would be OT/C and maybe DE. It sucks, its not sexy but we have to address the lines. We may already have a Mike Williams type player on this team but we will never know with this shitty line.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Treadwell also, not injury related but he couldnt even get on the field and I dont think Williams is as good as Treadwell so...yea. I agree with what someone else said on here, If we are not going to draft a DE/OL/LB then draft a play making RB so we can be done with Hill and prepared if Gio is not ready. But like every year everyone gets caught up in the hype with these skill position players. Me included. If you was to ask anyone around say...week 10 who they wanted to draft, im pretty sure the obvious answer would be OT/C and maybe DE. It sucks, its not sexy but we have to address the lines. We may already have a Mike Williams type player on this team but we will never know with this shitty line.

the giants have a shirt line with less of a running game than we do and they won a lot of games bc they have 3 playmakers. Getting Williams would give us a better set of 3 playmakers than anyone in the NFL 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:24 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Announcers said 6'5" websites list him at 6'3". If he is 6'5" that is even more tempting.

Call me crazy but I can't get past the name and the bad association from previous wideouts with said name.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:45 PM)Jpoore Wrote: the giants have a shirt line with less of a running game than we do and they won a lot of games bc they have 3 playmakers. Getting Williams would give us a better set of 3 playmakers than anyone in the NFL 

What have the Giants won? It dosent matter who we have out there behind this line. We will just have another play maker (maybe) that Dalton cant get the ball too.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 04:56 PM)TKUHL Wrote: What have the Giants won? It dosent matter who we have out there behind this line. We will just have another play maker (maybe) that Dalton cant get the ball too.

he was getting the ball to green all the time until he was getting triple covered bc lafell wasn't a threat. Having another aj green means there's 2 guys u can just throw the ball up to who can come down with it. One of them will be single covered. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 05:04 PM)Jpoore Wrote: he was getting the ball to green all the time until he was getting triple covered bc lafell wasn't a threat. Having another aj green means there's 2 guys u can just throw the ball up to who can come down with it. One of them will be single covered. 

Another AJ is a bit of a stretch. The guy only had 5 games this season over 100 yards rec, 5 games with less than 60 yards rec, only 1 game with more than 1 TD. If this was any other year he wouldnt be considered the clear #1 WR. Not to mention the injury history. Who knows if this kid can even play in the NFL. Its all a crap shoot. I just think a stud RB that can catch out of the back field would be a better option, again only if we dont go DE/OL/LB. This is probably all pointless anyway sense Marvin will more than likely draft a damn CB again in the first. Gotta have that ST gunner ya know.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 03:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: God even if aj goes down I would have way more trust in the offense than I do now if lafell would be our number 1 as opposed to Williams. Starting offense skill players of Williams, green both players that need double coverage. Eifert and Boyd working the middle with gio and bulkhead as pass catching rbs. How do u stop all those weapons?

Rush the passer so he doesn't have time to throw. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 05:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Another AJ is a bit of a stretch. The guy only had 5 games this season over 100 yards rec, 5 games with less than 60 yards rec, only 1 game with more than 1 TD. If this was any other year he wouldnt be considered the clear #1 WR. Not to mention the injury history. Who knows if this kid can even play in the NFL. Its all a crap shoot. I just think a stud RB that can catch out of the back field would be a better option, again only if we dont go DE/OL/LB. This is probably all pointless anyway sense Marvin will more than likely draft a damn CB again in the first. Gotta have that ST gunner ya know.
He is a number 1 on any NFL teams. He is compared most like Keenan Allen. They spread the ball around a lot in that offense as well. Not to mention the 1000 yard rusher. And aj is 29 by the time Williams rookie contract is up he would be 34. As I've mentioned in previous posts we can get that elite pass catching rb who can block well in mixon in the 4th. And I'm one of the only one who actually wouldn't mind a corner in first or second. If they cut pacman and we lose Dre ke were down to wjiii Shaw and Russell with no depth outside of Dennard who is ALWAYS hurt. As far as his kneck he took a lot of huge hits last 2 games and was fine.
Reply/Quote
Williams or Fournette would be HUGE home runs.

I think there is solid O-LINE help in the 2nd & 3rd in this draft. The Patriots find those guys every year. The Bengals found Whitworth in the 2nd. Those guys are there.

This is again a deep draft for DE & DT. Billings was a projected 1st rounder and the Bengals stole him him the 4th.

I think they can trade McCarron for a 2nd & 4th. That would let them go...

1 WR or RB (Prefer RB)
2 WR or RB (whichever they didn't take in the first)
2 DE/LB/OL
3 OL/LB/DE
4th LB/DE/OL
4th Open
4th Open

They have some young O-linemen on the roster who still need time to develop (Westerman comes to mind). I really have zero problems with the Bengals taking explosive skill guys early who are no brainers as long as they do their homework and find the lineman who will actually develop. Handing PA blue chippers is great and all, but the Bengals need to get something more out of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round lineman then they've been getting.

If they can trade back some in the first, I LOVE Courtland Sutton from SMU. Seriously... look him up. MONSTER
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 05:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Another AJ is a bit of a stretch. The guy only had 5 games this season over 100 yards rec, 5 games with less than 60 yards rec, only 1 game with more than 1 TD. If this was any other year he wouldnt be considered the clear #1 WR. Not to mention the injury history. Who knows if this kid can even play in the NFL. Its all a crap shoot. I just think a stud RB that can catch out of the back field would be a better option, again only if we dont go DE/OL/LB. This is probably all pointless anyway sense Marvin will more than likely draft a damn CB again in the first. Gotta have that ST gunner ya know.

AJ only had 3 games his last year over 100 yards, 9 TDs and 850 yards. While AJ was suspended 4 games, Mike Williams basically had better stats when you take them on a per game basis only TDs did AJ beat him in. It really is not that far of a stretch to say Mike Williams right now has a lot of the same traits, stats, skills, and from what many say demeanor as AJ had coming out.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 03:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: God even if aj goes down I would have way more trust in the offense than I do now if lafell would be our number 1 as opposed to Williams. Starting offense skill players of Williams, green both players that need double coverage. Eifert and Boyd working the middle with gio and bulkhead as pass catching rbs. How do u stop all those weapons?

By having a sieve for an OL.

Reply/Quote
I believe the priorities of the draft/offseason needs to be addressing the biggest holes first.

Yes, the OL struggled this year, but I have confidence that this year is just a fluke. Og and Fisher were drafted high for a reason and, hopefully, some more seasoning will pan out. Not to mention the available FA's and draft prospects have not much in terms of decent OL.

The LB corp is probably our weakest group and there is some hype in getting Foster in the draft. But I wonder how quickly could he adjust to NFL and how well will he work with Burfict?

Ultimately, I think given our current holes in the roster and the draft prospects/available FA's, I would go with a DE as top priority. MJ was awful this year and I think Billings could fill the DT spot vacated by Peko. The draft is full of franchise-like DE's like Williams from Alabama or Barnett out of Tennessee and there are some decent ones in FA like JPP. I think filling the hole at DE could help mitigate the holes at LB and DB better than if we tried to fill those holes through the draft or internally.

So I would go DE first in the draft. But if Mike Williams is there at number 9, I would take a hard look at him. Ultimately, getting someone like JPP and then drafting Mike Williams does sound very promising to another playoff run.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2017, 11:35 AM)jj22 Wrote: I think we have too many needs for a wideout pick in the 1st. That's a luxury at this point. If we go luxury we might as well go RB. At least there's a need with Hill possibly cut and Gio not returning until mid season 2017. And I'm not sold on Williams as I've seen a lot of Clemson games and he's just a guy most of the games I've seen.

I used to think another WR was a luxury, but watching Dalton without Green this year made me sick.
Reply/Quote