Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Williams
(01-13-2017, 10:03 AM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Well i guess we should just crown him as the next Mike Evans if its coming from you.Sammy Watkins did the same things and he went higher than williams will go.history says a limited route tree without speed is a bad combo.Jerry Rice played great competition when he was in college didnt he? My opinion from what i have seen is I like Davis alot better .Having more post doesnt make you more knowledgable.Ive forgot more about talent evaluation than you will probably ever know ...But i will keep my eyes open for the next Jerry rice aka Mike Williams.thanks !

Where did you learn all that stuff about player evaluation which you have forgotten?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 06:21 PM)Jpoore Wrote: They both are more complete wrs than Hopkins or Watkins. They are both deserving of top 6-15. A guy like Davis will definitely start week 1 with his array of route running. Williams will start week 1 as well.
Gotta disagree with you there osu secondary was much better than Alabama.

Thats a bit bold, Hopkins with anyone other than Brock at QB is a top 10 maybe even a top 5 WR. Were talking about a guy that in college had more yards than Williams when comparing final years as well as 7 more TDs than Williams. Also Hopkins is a guy who put up over 1500 yards and 11 TDs in the NFL with Yates and Hoyer at QB.

I mean last year this time Treadwell was a no brainer top 10 pick and would be a starter for the team drafting him, then the closer we get to the draft people find more and more faults in his game and he falls to 23 and has 15 yards on the season. Point being we have no idea what the combine, interviews and prodays will do to these guys draft stock. Naming guys starters in January is always a bad idea. Comparing 2 college players to a debatably top 5 WR in the NFL is also a bad idea.

On top of that placing Davis in the top 15 is generous unless he has a great combine, small school player that is playing against inferior teams is really gonna have to impress at the combine to go top 15. Which is why I think if Williams and Davis have similar combines Williams will go top 15 and Davis won't.

Also just letting you know most of what I said in the post you replied to was for the Bengals not overall, as good of a player Williams and Davis both are I think DE or RB are better options for the Bengals in round 1.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 07:07 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Thats a bit bold, Hopkins with anyone other than Brock at QB is a top 10 maybe even a top 5 WR. Were talking about a guy that in college had more yards than Williams when comparing final years as well as 7 more TDs than Williams. Also Hopkins is a guy who put up over 1500 yards and 11 TDs in the NFL with Yates and Hoyer at QB.

I mean last year this time Treadwell was a no brainer top 10 pick and would be a starter for the team drafting him, then the closer we get to the draft people find more and more faults in his game and he falls to 23 and has 15 yards on the season. Point being we have no idea what the combine, interviews and prodays will do to these guys draft stock. Naming guys starters in January is always a bad idea. Comparing 2 college players to a debatably top 5 WR in the NFL is also a bad idea.

On top of that placing Davis in the top 15 is generous unless he has a great combine, small school player that is playing against inferior teams is really gonna have to impress at the combine to go top 15. Which is why I think if Williams and Davis have similar combines Williams will go top 15 and Davis won't.

Also just letting you know most of what I said in the post you replied to was for the Bengals not overall, as good of a player Williams and Davis both are I think DE or RB are better options for the Bengals in round 1.
Wasn't comparing Hopkins NFL wise to them was comparing Hopkins when he came out as less of a complete receiver than Williams and Davis are now. Williams will be top 10 and Davis will go just after that. He has the most extensive route running tree in quite some time and he has played good against good competition albeit only a couple games see Wisconsin and Michigan. And as far as DE o don't think there is a DE worth of top 10 pick unless Allen or Garrett fall and that's not happening. And as far as rb I'm a huge mixon fan in the fourth so with that said wr to put beside aj is the best bet when picking this high. 
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 06:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Where did you learn all that stuff about player evaluation which you have forgotten?

I was a scout at the college ur mom played defensive tackle for
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 11:56 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I was a scout at the college ur mom played defensive tackle for

[Image: raw]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2017, 11:56 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: I was a scout at the college ur mom played defensive tackle for

So my Mom (who died of cancer in August) is more of a man than you'll ever be.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 03:34 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So my Mom (who died of cancer in August) is more of a man than you'll ever be.

Ok buddy.enjoy your weekend.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 01:16 PM)Buckeyes420 Wrote: Ok buddy.enjoy your weekend.

Bless your little effeminate heart. 
Reply/Quote