Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardcore Bengals fan moment
(01-14-2022, 11:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I got a Bengals helmet for Christmas, the original helmet with just BENGALS on it probably about 73...... I slept in that thing and wore it everywhere!!Lol
I still have it to this day.

More importantly, do you still wear it today?  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:25 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: More importantly, do you still wear it today?  Hilarious

I'm pretty sure that it would get stuck on my head!!! 
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 11:56 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I'm pretty sure that it would get stuck on my head!!! 

Get a few drinks in you, lube it up, and put it on. That's what a real fan would do, I think?!?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:09 AM)BengalRed Wrote: Are you saying that you're a guide in Yellowstone National Park? The series Yellowstone is about a ranch in Montana, as you surely know. I'm just a little confused. And I beg your indulgence but I have a huge interest in Montana after watching the show. I also loved Lonesome Dove so I guess until I'm able to go to your state I'll just have to keep reading all I can about it.  

Yes, I am a licensed guide for Yellowstone National Park. I lead occasional nature tours there, with a focus on showing tourists grizzlies and wolves. the wolf part has gotten tougher, with 20 some wolves from the park being "harvested" so far this season. I live about 80 minutes from the north entrance to the park. We don't have a ranch, but a ranchette with 40 acres, 5 miles east of the town of Bozeman. As I've mentioned several times, Trae Waynes bought the adjoining piece last year. We co-own land with Waynes and two other neighbors. I haven't met him yet.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 12:05 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Yes, I am a licensed guide for Yellowstone National Park. I lead occasional nature tours there, with a focus on showing tourists grizzlies and wolves. the wolf part has gotten tougher, with 20 some wolves from the park being "harvested" so far this season. I live about 80 minutes from the north entrance to the park. We don't have a ranch, but a ranchette with 40 acres, 5 miles east of the town of Bozeman. As I've mentioned several times, Trae Waynes bought the adjoining piece last year. We co-own land with Waynes and two other neighbors. I haven't met him yet.

That's really interesting. My wife and I are planning a trip to Bozeman maybe in late spring. It's and easy flight from Cincy to Denver to Bozeman and pretty cheap. How is the weather in April? We don't mind cold but a lot of snow would be tough.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 09:26 AM)magikod Wrote: My grandpa used to say Paul Brown didn't want to spend the money for the Ben-Gals to go to the SB. 

I'm not sure how true that statement really was.

As much as he's revered for what he did for the game of football, his reputation at the time was exactly that, a penny-pincher who wouldn't spend like other teams. I can still see the vision in my head of me milling about in my grandma's basement as my uncles talked that way about PB while the Dallas/Denver Super Bowl was playing on the TV. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 01:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: As much as he's revered for what he did for the game of football, his reputation at the time was exactly that, a penny-pincher who wouldn't spend like other teams. I can still see the vision in my head of me milling about in my grandma's basement as my uncles talked that way about PB while the Dallas/Denver Super Bowl was playing on the TV. 

My grandpa always said the Bengals goal was to go 8-8, have a high scoring offense to keep fans in the stands.

I can tell Mike Brown really wants to win, I hope we can win a SB before he passes away.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 09:26 AM)magikod Wrote: My grandpa used to say Paul Brown didn't want to spend the money for the Ben-Gals to go to the SB. 

I'm not sure how true that statement really was.

I can tell you that statement is absolutely true. There was a lot of criticism over that. I think he finally relented after the cheerleaders were going to pay their own way (if I remember right, but I absolutely remember the controversy.)
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:18 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can tell you that statement is absolutely true. There was a lot of criticism over that. I think he finally relented after the cheerleaders were going to pay their own way (if I remember right, but I absolutely remember the controversy.)

Damn, pretty embarrassing if you ask me. 

Oh well, I still love Paul Brown lol. But damn, he sounds cheap lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:21 PM)magikod Wrote: Damn, pretty embarrassing if you ask me. 

Oh well, I still love Paul Brown lol. But damn, he sounds cheap lol.

Paul Brown was cheap, but he was a football mastermind, so it didn’t really matter

Mike Brown is cheap, and is the opposite of a football mastermind

That’s the difference
Reply/Quote
And, the Ben-Gals were a pretty new thing at the time as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2022, 07:53 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I was always given shit for being a Bengals fan and known as the guy who was dumb enough to support them.   I was in Cleveland for a Guns N’ Roses concert during a weekend where they played us there.   My group all wore Bengals jerseys to the concert and were hassled, albeit playfully while there.   After the concert tho, we went to a bar downtown and the staff ignored us … I called out to a bartender and said “can we get some service ?”     She replied “Sorry , we’re Browns fans .” Lol.  That’s one of my fav fandom moments , tho I have several others that I’ll spare you all from reading.   I’m super excited tho as I know many of you are.

Stains and Stoolpitt fans are just assholes for the most part aren't they Dr.Z?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:22 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Paul Brown was cheap, but he was a football mastermind, so it didn’t really matter

Mike Brown is cheap, and is the opposite of a football mastermind

That’s the difference

Yeah but I think Mike Brown is trying to put a winning product on the field before he passes away.

Katie is doing a good job of running the football operations now, maybe that's why we are doing better now?  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:40 PM)magikod Wrote: Yeah but I think Mike Brown is trying to put a winning product on the field before he passes away.

Katie is doing a good job of running the football operations now, maybe that's why we are doing better now?  Hilarious

Joe Burrow is the reason why the bengals are putting a decent product on the field. I’ll also credit Tobin for making this defense serviceable
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Stains and Stoolpitt fans are just assholes for the most part aren't they Dr.Z?

Keeping it real!
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 01:25 PM)BengalRed Wrote: That's really interesting. My wife and I are planning a trip to Bozeman maybe in late spring. It's and easy flight from Cincy to Denver to Bozeman and pretty cheap. How is the weather in April? We don't mind cold but a lot of snow would be tough.

I just sent you an email. Depends on weather as to whether many roads are open in April, but typically they're closed until late April.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 02:56 PM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: I just sent you an email. Depends on weather as to whether many roads are open in April, but typically they're closed until late April.

Yeah, early May is nice. Everybody is smiling around here after our cabin fever winters lol
Reply/Quote
Oh... Hardcore moment...

November 11, 2011 - drove 10 hours the day before from NJ to PBS to see one game - and be back to work the morning after.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2022, 03:28 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Oh... Hardcore moment...

November 11, 2011 - drove 10 hours the day before from NJ to PBS to see one game - and be back to work the morning after.

That is Hardcore. Mellow
Reply/Quote