Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Zimmer Should Be THE Example
Did Marv Levy fail to score a single point in the 3rd quarter since Week 7? Scoring only 46 3rd quarter points all year?

A hallmark sign of being outcoached?
Reply/Quote
Did Chuck Knox call pass after pass after pass...30 in the 1st half against a top 5 pass rush in the Redskins behind a bad offensive line until his QB got his knee destroyed as the worst starting Guard in the NFL gets thrown into him?
Reply/Quote
During Don Shulas undefeated season, did he go 0-3-1 against a historically bad division? And win 0 games in his division?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: So fire him now after he regressed right?.. but dont fire the landrys of the world.. cant follow your logic at all.. so let's just be the browns of the NFL.. fire coaches after 2 years for 20.. how that work out.. guess your a fan boy of 2 year coaches.. I'm not.

It's about what you see in those two years.  A record alone doesn't tell the story.  Zac's got a list as long as my arm of shit he hasn't done right or well and shows zero signs of improvement.  If that list was short(er), if he showed they were on a path of any kind other than destruction, I'd give the guy another year or two.  I just don't see it.  All I see is the same ego getting in the way, the same proverbial bashing of the head against a wall and I don't understand why anyone would give him another year.  Take a chance on making a change.  I'm sure in enough time he could pull out a 6 win season.  But I doubt he could even do it next year.  This is NOT a terrible roster and he makes it look like he's marching a high school team out there every week against grown men.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You do understand that Shanahan was 10-22 first 2 seasons and I actually is looking at 3 losing seasons in 4 years as a head coach. You actually support my point 2 years does not mean a coach is a failure or success. Tom Landry took 6 seasons I believe to have a winning record.Cowher was 13-19 after 2 yrs with Steelers, record books are littered with coaches that were successful when given time

Wow you're clueless. 4 wins in 29 games. 0 wins on the road. 1 win in the division. Absolutely nothing to point to that would make anyone think things could be moving in the right direction. 0 wins against the worst division in the NFL this year. Just lost 30-7 to the Dallas Cowboys.

30-7

To the Dallas Cowboys! In Cincinnati!

Holey sheet man. Pull your head out of the sand. Come join us on planet earth. Wake up and smell the rotting roses. Snap back to reality, op there goes gravity, op there goes rabbit he, choked he's so mad but he... damn man, wake up. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:37 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Did Chuck Knox call pass after pass after pass...30 in the 1st half against a top 5 pass rush in the Redskins behind a bad offensive line until his QB got his knee destroyed as the worst starting Guard in the NFL gets thrown into him?

While leading 9-7....

Also... We have a Chuck Knox sighting. Dave Kreig will be along shortly. No word on Kenny Easly.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: But staying the course worked in the 1970s!

Essex is a Zac fanboy. So far Essex and Sled.

So, his mancrushes include Zac and Justin Herbert. 

Pretty safe to assume he's def not a Bengals fan. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 10:17 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: when you have to ignore a factual statement to support your opinion that is a huge stretch.  I could also post when teams have changed in 2 years coaches but hav e not seen a real change in performance the next year or two also... the point is 2 years is rarely a good measure of a coach on a bad team..

Actually, if Zac loses out, his record will provide a good measure - when it comes to epic futility through 2 seasons. He will be only one of 5 coaches to ever be allowed to complete 2 full years with a total of 4 or less wins during the SB era. The others were Kotite with the Jets (didn't get a 3rd year), Hue with the Browns (fired halfway the his 3rd year) and 2 expansion team coaches. 

So, when you use the word 'rare' you're exactly right. It's incredibly rare for a HC to have a record as bad as Zac's and make it through 2 full seasons without getting fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 02:11 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Actually, if Zac loses out, his record will provide a good measure - when it comes to epic futility through 2 seasons. He will be only one of 5 coaches to ever be allowed to complete 2 full years with a total of 4 or less wins during the SB era. The others were Kotite with the Jets (didn't get a 3rd year), Hue with the Browns (fired halfway the his 3rd year) and 2 expansion team coaches. 

So, when you use the word 'rare' you're exactly right. It's incredibly rare for a HC to have a record as bad as Zac's and make it through 2 full seasons without getting fired.

The Bengals pretty much need to move on from. Zac. It's been mentioned online and on podcasts, but what new coordinators are willing to come in when they know Zac's seat will be on fire during the third season? 

Would an established guy want to come here knowing he'd be out of a job after 1 year if Zac tanks again?

If we keep Zac, I won't be surprised if our DC search is similar to 2019's where we settled on our "third" option.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:16 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The Bengals pretty much need to move on from. Zac. It's been mentioned online and on podcasts, but what new coordinators are willing to come in when they know Zac's seat will be on fire during the third season? 

Would an established guy want to come here knowing he'd be out of a job after 1 year if Zac tanks again?

If we keep Zac, I won't be surprised if our DC search is similar to 2019's where we settled on our "third" option.

Yeah, great point. Hell, he couldn't even land any quality people when he was fresh off being part of a SB staff and had a 0-0 record. 

Keeping Zac and replacing a couple coaches is like cranking up the stereo in your car so you can't hear the engine knocking. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:33 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, great point. Hell, he couldn't even land any quality people when he was fresh off being part of a SB staff and had a 0-0 record. 

Keeping Zac and replacing a couple coaches is like cranking up the stereo in your car so you can't hear the engine knocking. 

I don’t even want to think about who we’d have to settle for. Probably his brother Press, his father-in-law Mike Sherman, somebody he met in line at Home Depot...

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2020, 03:42 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t even want to think about who we’d have to settle for. Probably his brother Press, his father-in-law Mike Sherman, somebody he met in line at Home Depot...

Home Depot?  More like Harbor Freight... 
Reply/Quote
Is Essex taking to Twitter?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">