Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike is setting everyone up for heartache
Better hope he dies before 2025, or the cincy bengals are toast

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/03/27/mike-brown-supports-raiders-move-las-vegas/99704536/

Best quote

“If we hadn’t been able to get (the Paul Brown Stadium deal) done we would have had to think about doing something different, too,” Brown said. “So, I understand it when these teams are up against it. This is one that tried in their hometown and couldn’t get it put together so they felt they had no other option but to move.”
Reply/Quote
Sounds reasonable to me, but don't worry he won't be around the team that long
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 08:06 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Better hope he dies before 2025, or the cincy bengals are toast

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/03/27/mike-brown-supports-raiders-move-las-vegas/99704536/

Best quote

“If we hadn’t been able to get (the Paul Brown Stadium deal) done we would have had to think about doing something different, too,” Brown said. “So, I understand it when these teams are up against it. This is one that tried in their hometown and couldn’t get it put together so they felt they had no other option but to move.”

hey elmer fudd, no other city would put up with your stupidity about football.

Reply/Quote
Who really cares anymore to be honest. The NFL is greedy and we've not won a playoff game in forever.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Raiders could send that $300+ million relocation fee on a new stadium?
Reply/Quote
Here's the problem. When you talk to an NFL player, or read a serious piece on their feelings about the game, they all love it, because for three house on Sunday, it's pretty pure. Great, great athletes going against each other, coaches plotting their strategy, all out competition, man to man. It's what we all love to see. It's what we are transfixed by every Sunday.

But in the end, all the greed and corporate interference will kill this great game. I just hope I'm not around to see it. I live for Sundays in the fall.
Reply/Quote
There were a lot of folks back in the 90's that credited Jeff Blake for that stadium vote passing. When the vote took place, we were in the middle of Blake-mania and some 7-9 and 8-8 type seasons, which led to some temporary excitement over the Bengals. At this point I don't care what Mike does. If the Bengals leave the Nati, it'll be a great excuse to stop following them. My allegiance is to the area and teams where I grew up, but I suppose if the Bengals leave, I can pick any NFL team. Or maybe a college team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 09:14 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There were a lot of folks back in the 90's that credited Jeff Blake for that stadium vote passing. When the vote took place, we were in the middle of Blake-mania and some 7-9 and 8-8 type seasons, which led to some temporary excitement over the Bengals. At this point I don't care what Mike does. If the Bengals leave the Nati, it'll be a great excuse to stop following them. My allegiance is to the area and teams where I grew up, but I suppose if the Bengals leave, I can pick any NFL team. Or maybe a college team.

If the bengals ever leave Cincinnati I will happily walk away from being a fan of the NFL. Open Sunday's without the emotional turmoil? Yes please.

Reply/Quote
The odd thing is even if the Bengals moved to Louisville (My current city), I don't know if I would even still like them. Everything about leaving the city always seems smarmy by the NFL and the fact constant relocation happens is terrible. I understand maximizing profits but leaving iconic fanbases behind like the Raiders, and ditching cities after years of commitment to a professional team in taxes and advertising is just terrible
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 09:18 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: If the bengals ever leave Cincinnati I will happily walk away from being a fan of the NFL. Open Sunday's without the emotional turmoil? Yes please.

This. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Shake n BlakeThere were a lot of folks back in the 90's that credited Jeff Blake for that stadium vote passing. When the vote took place, we were in the middle of Blake-mania and some 7-9 and 8-8 type seasons, which led to some temporary excitement over the Bengals. At this point I don't care what Mike does. If the Bengals leave the Nati, it'll be a great excuse to stop following them. My allegiance is to the area and teams where I grew up, but I suppose if the Bengals leave, I can pick any NFL team. Or maybe a college team.

If the bengals left I would find someone else to root for.  Then we would get another team here to root for.  And the curse could be lifted.
Reply/Quote
The NFL won't be ruined by corporate greed as long as those playing it make such a great living. You can say what you want about how unfair the players get treated from a financial basis in the NFL, but the reality is, being an NFL player that reaches that level is better than 99.99% of outcomes those individuals could hope for elsewhere. Even with the new information about head injuries, it hasn't really had an impact on people pursuing the sport.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 09:51 PM)eoxyod Wrote: The odd thing is even if the Bengals moved to Louisville (My current city), I don't know if I would even still like them. Everything about leaving the city always seems smarmy by the NFL and the fact constant relocation happens is terrible. I understand maximizing profits but leaving iconic fanbases behind like the Raiders, and ditching cities after years of commitment to a professional team in taxes and advertising is just terrible

It really is. Cities are loyal through losing seasons. Often decades of losing seasons (see: 2003-2015 Raiders), as well as multiple stadiums. Yet when a team sees the first sign of trouble landing a free stadium, they often bolt within a couple years. I mean, 10% of the entire league has relocated within the last year. It's a major turn off.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 10:29 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It really is. Cities are loyal through losing seasons. Often decades of losing seasons (see: 2003-2015 Raiders), as well as multiple stadiums. Yet when a team sees the first sign of trouble landing a free stadium, they often bolt within a couple years. I mean, 10% of the entire league has relocated within the last year. It's a major turn off.

Couldn't agree more! Folks in St.Louis, SD, & Oakland are furious.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 09:18 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: If the bengals ever leave Cincinnati I will happily walk away from being a fan of the NFL. Open Sunday's without the emotional turmoil? Yes please.

Same here. I'm a Bengals fan more than I'm a football fan. I would never pick another team. If they leave, I'm done. 

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 10:23 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: If the bengals left I would find someone else to root for.  Then we would get another team here to root for.  And the curse could be lifted.

A team would never come to Cincy again if the Bengals left
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 10:44 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Couldn't agree more! Folks in St.Louis, SD, & Oakland are furious.

I get it why fans are angry. I lost my Cincinnati Royals pro BB team. I was a Browns fan when they left Cleveland. But, to blame on one side is just not fair. These cities have to understand they have competition and chose go not not woo the existing teams. I have a hunch if someone offered you 1 million and someone offered you 2 million, your loyalty would be tested severely to your current job.

Leaving would not make you a smuck, you may love your former boss or fellow employees, but money talks and BS walks.

But, i do feel for the die hard fans, it hurts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:01 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I get it why fans are angry. I lost my Cincinnati Royals pro BB team. I was a Browns fan when they left Cleveland. But, to blame on one side is just not fair. These cities have to understand they have competition and chose go not not woo the existing teams. I have a hunch if someone offered you 1 million and someone offered you 2 million, your loyalty would be tested severely to your current job.

Leaving would not make you a smuck, you may love your former boss or fellow employees, but money talks and BS walks.

But, i do feel for the die hard fans, it hurts.

Well said, but just somehow doesn't seem right imo.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 11:00 PM)eoxyod Wrote: A team would never come to Cincy again if the Bengals left

This is a 100% wrong Cincy is a top 32 market with a ton of Fortune 500 companies and a rising tech industry. Cincy is top notch city that has big money in it.  Not saying the Bengals couldn't leave but a team/expansion group would definitely be interested in the city if their is a stadium deal to be had.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2017, 10:44 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Couldn't agree more! Folks in St.Louis, SD, & Oakland are furious.

Honestly, I can't feel bad for the St.Louis and Oakland contingents.  St.Louis went through this with the Cardinals, and Oakland went through it before with the Raiders.  If you're going to pony up the money to lure a team back to your city, then you should've spent the money to keep your team in the first place.

The reality of the Bengals situation is that if the city won't come up with a stadium deal, another city where the club can make more money will.  
Reply/Quote