Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Military Will Be Used To Protect Border
(04-03-2018, 04:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, I get that some are willing to simply overlook everything to support the Reublican POTUS.  Even those who admit there is not a "huge caravan" like Trump said.  Clearly I think I do get it.

But..."if you say so."   Mellow

Smirk

The New York Times has reported this is one of the largest caravans ever; so Trump is not clueless to call it huge. Actually if you read the quote you posted a great deal of it is factual; including the fact that he states they are taking advantage of our weak border laws; as they must enter through legal check points.

My issue is his overreaction to the matter as in we will protect with the Military, But I've been down this road with you far too many times. Just keep thinking Trump is clueless, just be advised you very well may be doing so at your own peril. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(04-03-2018, 05:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The New York Times has reported this is one of the largest caravans ever; so Trump is not clueless to call it huge. Actually if you read the quote you posted a great deal of it is factual; including the fact that he states they are taking advantage of our weak border laws; as they must enter through legal check points.

My issue is his overreaction to the matter as in we will protect with the Military, But I've been down this road with you far too many times. Just keep thinking Trump is clueless, just be advised you very well may be doing so at your own peril. 

If say so.  I guess I just don't blindly follow Trump's word.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Personally, I love this because Trump is showing the balls to put America first and protect us like no other POTUS has in recent memory. Some people look at it as crazy, when actually it's just putting America's foot down in a time when everything is so PC now that it's considered irrational and inhumane/racist by the left to even take a stand.
(04-03-2018, 05:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: If say so.  I guess I just don't blindly follow Trump's word.

Hell, you were the one that quoted Trump's words in the thread not me. I have a strange feeling you follow them a lot more closely than many to include me. I also have a strange feeling that you think you do not do so blindly. 

(04-03-2018, 05:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell, you were the one that quoted Trump's words in the thread not me. I have a strange feeling you follow them a lot more closely than many to include me. I also have a strange feeling that you think you do not do so blindly. 

If you say so.

Hell, I quoted them because you (seemed) to agree that he was clueless wrong.  He wanted his word to get out "unfiltered"...I just didn't know that meant so many of his followers would defend them even when they were wrong.
Call it an unarmed invasion. Anyway, what's their job description going to be? I certainly don't want them gunning down people trying to cross.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Considering that us and Canada are basically the only 1st world countries on this side of Earth aka western hemisphere, I am definitely in favor in beefing up border security with Mexico, the east and west coasts, and the Gulf. And this shouldnt be about preventing people either from illegally entering as much as it should be about preventing illegal guns and drugs as well.

Those the believe in open borders with all the countries south of us are idealistic idiots that could care less about realism of the world we live in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(04-03-2018, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Call it an unarmed invasion.  Anyway, what's their job description going to be?  I certainly don't want them gunning down people trying to cross.

As per usual there were no details from the WH.  

I'm just waiting for the "slippery slope" folks to wonder when he'll order them into towns to help with his accelerated deportation program?  Mellow
(04-03-2018, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Call it an unarmed invasion.  Anyway, what's their job deriscption going to be?  I certainly don't want them gunning down people trying to cross.
I think the term you are looking for is Rules of Engagement and it's not like POTUS hasn't federalized the NG in the past to protect the border. Bush did so a few years back. 

(04-03-2018, 05:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the term you are looking for is Rules of Engagement and it's not like POTUS hasn't federalized the NG in the past to protect the border. Bush did so a few years back. 

Actually I knew the term but didn’t want to sound like someone trying to sound military. Weird, but not my worst neurosis.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

I'm sure whatever steps the potus takes concerning our borders will be whats best for our country. ThumbsUp
(04-03-2018, 05:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Personally, I love this because Trump is showing the balls to put America first and protect us like no other POTUS has in recent memory.  Some people look at it as crazy, when actually it's just putting America's foot down in a time when everything is so PC now that it's considered irrational and inhumane/racist by the left to even take a stand.

Trump is also the first president who made oodles of money by luring all these rapists and murderers into this country in the first place.  Forgive me if I'm not quite as quick to trust him to make sure bargain-basement labor stops making him and his family and friends ultra rich as you are.

How about we take a stand against illegal immigration by throwing Trump in jail for hiring so many illegal immigrants.  Ahh, I guess it would offend too many people if we actually put our foot down in that manner though, eh?
(04-03-2018, 05:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Considering that us and Canada are basically the only 1st world countries on this side of Earth aka western hemisphere, I am definitely in favor in beefing up border security with Mexico, the east and west coasts, and the Gulf. And this shouldnt be about preventing people either from illegally entering as much as it should be about preventing illegal guns and drugs as well.

Those the believe in open borders with all the countries south of us are idealistic idiots that could care less about realism of the world we live in.

Central America is a massive problem. Mexico is our version of North Korea and should treated as such. We should be taking steps to minimize them and block that border.
(04-03-2018, 08:26 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Trump is also the first president who made oodles of money by luring all these rapists and murderers into this country in the first place.  Forgive me if I'm not quite as quick to trust him to make sure bargain-basement labor stops making him and his family and friends ultra rich as you are.

How about we take a stand against illegal immigration by throwing Trump in jail for hiring so many illegal immigrants.  Ahh, I guess it would offend too many people if we actually put our foot down in that manner though, eh?
Then we'd have to throw a lot of people in jail for hiring illegals.

Did he do all that while POTUS?

Trump may have made mistakes like that in the past, but he's POTUS now, so he's doing what's best for the country.
(04-03-2018, 08:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Central America is a massive problem.   Mexico is our version of North Korea and should treated as such.  We should be taking steps to minimize them and block that border.

If Mexico was anything like NK then we wouldn't be the ones paying for the wall

(04-03-2018, 09:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Mexico was anything like NK then we wouldn't be the ones paying for the wall

I don’t mean Mexico is like them. Just meant they are our pain in the arse. Much like NK is China’s pain.
(04-03-2018, 09:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Then we'd have to throw a lot of people in jail for hiring illegals.

Trump may have made mistakes like that in the past, but he's POTUS now, so he's doing what's best for the country.

What's good for Trump is good for the country. Nervous

You could look at it that way.  Trust him.
(04-03-2018, 09:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Then we'd have to throw a lot of people in jail for hiring illegals.

I’m ok with raiding businesses and punishing them for hiring illegals. Just had a bust here the other day. It was wonderful.
(04-03-2018, 09:42 PM)Dill Wrote: What's good for Trump is good for the country. Nervous

You could look at it that way.  Trust him.

How is this good for Trump's personal interests and not the country?

Good!  Maybe if we throw some rich white men in jail for doing this stuff then people will take notice.  Maybe I'm just harder on crime than you are since I want to punish people who provide monetary incentive for rapists and criminals to walk the streets of my county instead of hiring hard working tax paying citizens.  My god, I'm so cruel!  Punishing people who make this country a worse place and endanger others in order to make more money...how dare I ever suggest we punish them!

Damn, who is the soft-hearted, criminal-loving liberal now?

(04-03-2018, 09:17 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did he do all that while POTUS?

Past actions matter.  Maybe you think we should let sex offenders work in schools, too.  Oh, it's in the past, they're good now!  Why not just give the illegals amnesty and forgive all their raping and killing because it was in the past? Why hold anyone accountable for anything? More liberal bs.  This is why I can't stand either major party.  Both of them just LOVE to go easy on their own favorite criminals while honest people pick up the check, don't get the job because some rapist got it to save Trump some money, and/or get raped by the people Trump lured here.

Trump himself has told us how dangerous these people are.  Do you really think 0% of the illegals he hired and enticed to stay in our country committed crimes?   Building a wall isn't going to undo what those illegals he brought here did to honest American citizens.  Again, you are just more forgiving than I am, because I like to see people who harm this country be held accountable for the things they do...not make excuses for them and get all weepy when someone suggests they be punished.