Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minter says joining Bengals 'just felt right'
(03-21-2017, 04:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Sounds like a great guy that will be a model teammate. Really looking forward to seeing what kind of an impact he can make.

Hopefully Kevin Minter makes an impact on every ball carrier. Smirk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 06:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Hopefully Kevin Minter makes an impact on every ball carrier. Smirk

Ha! Yes that would be ideal 
Reply/Quote
This puts our LB corps in decent position for the season. We will be wheeling out as starters Minter, Vigil and Tez. Nice thing is that all three of them are able to defend both pass and run so we finally have an actual three down starting LB group.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 03:12 PM)PR_Whodey Wrote: Very positive and this pick really opens up the draft, weould love to see them trade back for a late first and second.
http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/18/14969342/bengals-signing-kevin-minter-per-espn
Okay with this signing. According to CincyJungle, he is pretty average...but that is an improvement IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 04:49 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wendy's breakfast is actually pretty darn good

It's far, far better than McNastys and Burger King. Plus, you can get the big, baked granola bar instead of greasy potato rounds.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 07:08 PM)Derrick Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/18/14969342/bengals-signing-kevin-minter-per-espn
Okay with this signing. According to CincyJungle, he is pretty average...but that is an improvement IMO.

Actually they don't say he is average, some poster on that story did.

More to the point, you don't get to be defensive captain and the signal caller for the #2 defense in the NFL without talent. One of the bigger surprises in this years Free Agency was that Minter did not go sooner. 

I think Minter means bye bye Rey Maualuga, with Minter the starting MLB flanked by Tez and Vigil. 
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 06:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: This puts our LB corps in decent position for the season. We will be wheeling out as starters Minter, Vigil and Tez. Nice thing is that all three of them are able to defend both pass and run so we finally have an actual three down starting LB group.

Sure like the sound of that.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 07:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually they don't say he is average, some poster on that story did.

More to the point, you don't get to be defensive captain and the signal caller for the #2 defense in the NFL without talent. One of the bigger surprises in this years Free Agency was that Minter did not go sooner. 

I think Minter means bye bye Rey Maualuga, with Minter the starting MLB flanked by Tez and Vigil. 
Joelist, I went back and checked a couple of articles. You are right. ThumbsUp I was wrong. I also agree losing Maualuga would be a good thing.
Reply/Quote
At this point the addition of Minter upgrades our LB corps, so I am fine with the addition. It's also nice to hear that the guy genuinely looks forward to playing in Cincy with the talent we already have.

And how dare anyone hate on Wendy's, you take that blasphemy elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
Marvin changed it up, it's how Cincy gets a decent player every blue moon. Instead of going through the drive-thru and eating in the car, Marvin actually went inside this time and paid the tax to sit down and eat.
Reply/Quote
I liked the part where Minter said he remembered Jim Hasslett when he was the coach of the Saints and he hated him because he grew up a Falcon fan. I bet Marvin liked it too. Shows he is a football head/junkie. Marvin likes those type of guys.
Reply/Quote
He would make it in one of my outstanding FA moves for sure. Great pickup.

I will not cry over spilt milk anymore, time to just draft well and hopefully all of our Defensive coaches have improved big time.

It was the first year here for 3 of them.

They will have to be great on Defense and i think they could be...
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 06:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: This puts our LB corps in decent position for the season. We will be wheeling out as starters Minter, Vigil and Tez. Nice thing is that all three of them are able to defend both pass and run so we finally have an actual three down starting LB group.

Nice post Joelist. This along with Billings hopefully being better than Peko and maybe adding a pass rusher
in the draft make this Defense start to look very promising. I just hope our Offense can do their best to keep
them somewhat fresh.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 07:27 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually they don't say he is average, some poster on that story did.

Concur 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 07:08 PM)Derrick Wrote: http://www.cincyjungle.com/2017/3/18/14969342/bengals-signing-kevin-minter-per-espn

He's not an elite LB that will get you 10 sacks and 150 tackles...but he's above average. Maualuga ranked as one of the worst at that position and was really a run stopping LB in a passing league.

Minter is more versatile.

It's a definite upgrade and it does open the draft up theoretically.

I think they go Fournette or a DE or WR...instead of Foster.
Reply/Quote
Another Georgia born product, just like Geno Atkins, AJ Green and Clint Boling.  Something about that natural humbleness in those Georgia boys that makes them not just great athletes, but great men. 

Of course, on the other side of the coin..  One might say that he sure is talking the talk, buttering up to Marvin and all.  Let's see if he can walk the walk, and back up his words by deeds on the field.

Personally, I see him as a very smart, quality addition to this team.  I believe him when he says that he's a 3 down LB.  Continuity among personnel from set to set is an important thing to have.  I really see him taking over the headset on defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He was on Movin' the Chains today and stated both Marvin and Haslett told him he will be playing inside and calling the defenses. Sounds like 58 is no longer going to be starting unless he moves out to SAM.
Reply/Quote
It "felt so right" that Minter was actually willing to commit to a multi-month contract with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2017, 11:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It "felt so right" that Minter was actually willing to commit to a multi-month contract with the Bengals.

Well, someone always has to stay around and piss on the fire to make sure it's going out. Freddy, you sir are rich! Not necessarily in the money department,but in the break out the boots deep chocolate dept.

If we were all bashing this move, you would be giving us hell, but since we're not, you're giving her a stir.

Maybe, just maybe, he has a great year, loves it here, and decides to stay for a bit. Let's hope for all of these things.
You stay positive! Ya hear!
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2017, 02:56 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Well, someone always has to stay around and piss on the fire to make sure it's going out. Freddy, you sir are rich! Not necessarily in the money department,but in the break out the boots deep chocolate dept.

If we were all bashing this move, you would be giving us hell, but since we're not, you're giving her a stir.

Maybe, just maybe, he has a great year, loves it here, and decides to stay for a bit. Let's hope for all of these things.
You stay positive! Ya hear!

Don't fall for Fred's act. Because that's all it is: an act. He's a contrarian that loves to stir up drama. Nothing more, nothing less. 
Reply/Quote