Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Misdirected Anger - Board Relations
(10-16-2019, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it does. I've done it with a couple people. But I'm curious why you don't think it does?

Because you're still going to see the blocked person's posts when other unblocked people quote them.

Blocking people is like earmuffing as a kid. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't being said. Lol
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:29 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Because you're still going to see the blocked person's posts when other unblocked people quote them.

Blocking people is like earmuffing as a kid. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't being said. Lol

I'll just say this. Blocking people you are frustrated with won't solve everything but it can help. The alternative is to just not access the forums at all because telling another adult to change never works. They have to want to change themselves.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Great post Wes.

It just sucks that all of us are trying to do our part in saving the Bengals with our ideas that no one will ever hear. You know you're a committed fan when you're willing to devote time from your life just to type about it to people you'll most likely never meet. If only things would change and we could just have a winner. Just once.

I should get back to work.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 02:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll just say this. Blocking people you are frustrated with won't solve everything but it can help. The alternative is to just not access the forums at all because telling another adult to change never works. They have to want to change themselves.

I mean, just playing devil's advocate here, but.... have you considered that maybe your perspective is wrong and that you should be the one changing? Which, if any, of your conversations on here have changed your perspective?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 04:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I mean, just playing devil's advocate here, but.... have you considered that maybe your perspective is wrong and that you should be the one changing? Which, if any, of your conversations on here have changed your perspective?

I've had a few conversations change my perspective on here. Those have been from people providing evidence to point out their position and/or a mistake I've made.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I always liked Toast Jones or whoever he calls himself... The man was hatin' on the team when they were winning 10-11 games a year. It was always Noodle Arm this and that... But when Dalton was having a great 2015 he disappeared... Only to resurface, and say damn... Dalton's really proving me wrong. I usually don't remember shit like this... But I remember that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 11:51 PM)jason Wrote: I always liked Toast Jones or whoever he calls himself... The man was hatin' on the team when they were winning 10-11 games a year. It was always Noodle Arm this and that... But when Dalton was having a great 2015 he disappeared... Only to resurface, and say damn... Dalton's really proving me wrong. I usually don't remember shit like this... But I remember that.

TJ and Wes are the same guy.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 01:02 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: TJ and Wes are the same guy.

I know... I liked the Toast name better... With the Silky Johnson (Playa Hater of the year 2002) avatar.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 09:51 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Probably the first post I have ever agreed with you on.

Be negative. Be positive; enjoy the team or dislike the team. No problem with that.

But don't be overbearing and toxic; it takes the enjoyment out of everything and spews more negativity and hate towards others.

Didnt you just start an entire thread with 7 pages plus and counting doing this very thing? Or am I missing something?? Ffsss
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 11:58 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: wrong-or-wrongly%20%283%29.jpg?itok=XfG-4yBO]

abouta hang knowledge dong on you TT.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 01:40 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Didnt you just start an entire thread with 7 pages plus and counting doing this very thing? Or am I missing something?? Ffsss

Nope; where I have I started 50 threads saying the same thing or belittiling/making fun of others with antagonistic, snarky and sarcastic remarks?

Sit down and shut up and stop picking fights. FFS you.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 01:30 AM)jason Wrote: I know... I liked the Toast name better... With the Silky Johnson (Playa Hater of the year 2002) avatar.

"See, what happened wuz..."
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I think most of us completely understand everyone's frustration. All of us being Bengals fans, this is just old hat. We had a few years of some level of success and no we're back to the suck and we can't stand it. Not that it matters, but I couldn't care less if people want to express themselves negatively and kudos to those who somehow find something to stay positive about. It would be incredibly boring if we all shared the exact same ideas and feelings about the team. It's very interesting to see how people can form completely different opinions on the same thing. Something as simple as an incomplete pass can have a few different opinions on what happened, who's to blame, what the problem was, etc.

All of that is great. This forum is amazing for giving us all a place to interact and discuss our favorite team whenever we want. It looks nice, is well maintained, and there are a lot of really good posters on here. There is some really good football knowledge that gets shared on this board.

The problem isn't necessarily the negativity. It's the exact same posts and threads being posted and started every day, multiple times a day. We get it. We know where you stand. Bringing it up a dozen or more times every day gets really old. I think about every possible way that the size of our scouting department can be bitched about has been covered. Don't believe me, there will be multiple posts/threads made about it today. It's not that we don't agree or that we don't think it should be improved, it's that it's not going to change. At least not while Mike Brown is around. Bringing it up in damn near every thread, making multiple threads about it, and reviving dead threads about it is just too much. That's just one example. The same could be said for Taylor's inexperience, Taylor's coaching staff, fire Taylor, Taylor's replacement.

I could be way off base, but that seems to be a big part of the disconnect.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 10:09 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: I think most of us completely understand everyone's frustration. All of us being Bengals fans, this is just old hat. We had a few years of some level of success and no we're back to the suck and we can't stand it. Not that it matters, but I couldn't care less if people want to express themselves negatively and kudos to those who somehow find something to stay positive about. It would be incredibly boring if we all shared the exact same ideas and feelings about the team. It's very interesting to see how people can form completely different opinions on the same thing. Something as simple as an incomplete pass can have a few different opinions on what happened, who's to blame, what the problem was, etc.

All of that is great. This forum is amazing for giving us all a place to interact and discuss our favorite team whenever we want. It looks nice, is well maintained, and there are a lot of really good posters on here. There is some really good football knowledge that gets shared on this board.

The problem isn't necessarily the negativity. It's the exact same posts and threads being posted and started every day, multiple times a day. We get it. We know where you stand. Bringing it up a dozen or more times every day gets really old. I think about every possible way that the size of our scouting department can be bitched about has been covered. Don't believe me, there will be multiple posts/threads made about it today. It's not that we don't agree or that we don't think it should be improved, it's that it's not going to change. At least not while Mike Brown is around. Bringing it up in damn near every thread, making multiple threads about it, and reviving dead threads about it is just too much. That's just one example. The same could be said for Taylor's inexperience, Taylor's coaching staff, fire Taylor, Taylor's replacement.

I could be way off base, but that seems to be a big part of the disconnect.

I think you have nailed it right on the head.  Good post!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I've always tried to address the take, not the person, and I've rarely had any real beefs as a result. I respect that some need to keep a delusional sense of hope in order to maintain their fandom. Ninja

I've always said - going back to the mothership - that the boards reflect the team. If we're 8-0 and rolling, most people will be happy. I've seen it. But if we're 0-6 for the 7th time since 1990 (iirc) or 0-7 in the playoffs, people are generally going to be pissed. Seems simple, but some seem to struggle with that I guess?

I think a break from the boards periodically during seasons like this is something I'd highly recommend.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've always tried to address the take, not the person, and I've rarely had any real beefs as a result. I respect that some need to keep a delusional sense of hope in order to maintain their fandom. Ninja

I've always said - going back to the mothership - that the boards reflect the team. If we're 8-0 and rolling, most people will be happy. I've seen it. But if we're 0-6 for the 7th time since 1990 (iirc) or 0-7 in the playoffs, people are generally going to be pissed. Seems simple, but some seem to struggle with that I guess?

I think a break from the boards periodically during seasons like this is something I'd highly recommend.

Yeah, in times like these, i like to break stuff to relieve my anger too. 

Wait, you meant... Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2019, 11:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've always tried to address the take, not the person, and I've rarely had any real beefs as a result. I respect that some need to keep a delusional sense of hope in order to maintain their fandom. Ninja

So those of us who come here to enjoy this board should go away for awhile, because we're "delusional".  But the members who repeatedly post the same negative crap are justified, and should stick around?  Interesting.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 07:13 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So those of us who come here to enjoy this board should go away for awhile, because we're "delusional".  But the members who repeatedly post the same negative crap are justified, and should stick around?  Interesting.

People can post whatever they want...negative or positive. They just can't attack people or break forum rules.

What he was saying is that if someone posts something negative or positive, don't take it personal.

Honestly, what positive is there now? It's an 0-6 team. We're playing our 4th string LT...and we find out that last years starter may be just trying to force his way out when he may have been healthy enough to play. That's kind of a big negative. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 10:25 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, what positive is there now? It's an 0-6 team.

You have to be able to look at things in perspective.  For example, do you think Joe Mixon is a good RB?

If all you do is look at his production this year then you could start a thread about how he is total garbage.  A bum.  A loser who talks too much. Etc. Etc.

But I have watched Mixon and I think he has top level skills.  I have a positive outlook on him as a RB.  But some people can't do that.  All they do is obsess over the negative and refuse to even consider that there are some positive aspects to this team.  .  .  .  and call themselves "realists".
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote