Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mitch McConnell has a "medical incident" at the podium
(07-28-2023, 10:30 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, when Fetterman had his stroke and the right proceeded to make fun of him rather than wish him well.

But your slip is showing Dr. Freud.

Seeing Oz use his supposedly fully functioning brain to peddle Mississippi caliber policy in PA seemed to level that cognitive playing field. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 08:37 AM)pally Wrote: nope, he claimed he was lightheaded but the moment had many hallmarks of an absence seizure.  Absence seizures can occur after a head injury like the one he had earlier this year.

(07-28-2023, 10:04 AM)GMDino Wrote: Got it.

Another thing that was telling is while there were the obvious calls for him to sept down due to age, illness I didn't see anyone calling him a "vegetable" unbale to think anymore so maybe we're making progress. 

I seem to recall being told that we shouldn't diagnose people from afar.  Maybe that only applies to the politicians from the party you prefer?
Reply/Quote
I kind of wish many of them would retire. Wish one of them would take a leadership role and admit the reality of what age does. No shame in this and others would follow.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 10:42 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I seem to recall being told that we shouldn't diagnose people from afar.  Maybe that only applies to the politicians from the party you prefer?

Uh, all Pally said was they didn't say what happened and gave an opinion on what it could be.

No one said for sure what happened or is calling him "Strokey Mitch" or even a Brussel sprout. 

Take a chill pill.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 10:39 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Seeing Oz use his supposedly fully functioning brain to peddle Mississippi caliber policy in PA seemed to level that cognitive playing field. 

That had to be one of the dumbest move the gop made in awhile running him in PA.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 10:47 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I kind of wish many of them would retire.  Wish one of them would take a leadership role and admit the reality of what age does.  No shame in this and others would follow.

The idea of a free democratic society is that you shouldn't have to wish for the government you want.  

We vote for old people. It's totally our thing.  
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:17 AM)Nately120 Wrote: The idea of a free democratic society is that you shouldn't have to wish for the government you want.  

We vote for old people. It's totally our thing.  

When I finally got my first corporate professional job I was like maybe 23 and working with people at least twice my age, I met this guy who had a general philosophy of “People don’t know shit until they are at least 40”

I thought it was ridiculous…but after 20 years working corporate jobs for Fortune 10 companies, I think it’s pretty accurate. There’s a certain amount of maturity in one’s decision making that only improves with time.

I think 40-60 is the sweet spot for leadership. ***** 75 and higher is ridiculous lol. However, if it’s clear their mind is fine then I don’t care.

In this case it’s abundantly clear his mind is not fine and he should retire. Same for Biden and Trump
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Uh, all Pally said was they didn't say what happened and gave an opinion on what it could be.

No one said for sure what happened or is calling him "Strokey Mitch" or even a Brussel sprout. 

Take a chill pill.

Oh, she only speculated on what it probably was.  Sure, that's not diagnosing from afar.  If it wasn't for double standards you guys wouldn't have any standards. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: That had to be one of the dumbest move the gop made in awhile running him in PA.

If you lose to the guy he lost to you pretty much just have to never show your face in public again. Just call it good and fade away.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: When I finally got my first corporate professional job I was like maybe 23 and working with people at least twice my age, I met this guy who had a general philosophy of “People don’t know shit until they are at least 40”

I thought it was ridiculous…but after 20 years working corporate jobs for Fortune 10 companies, I think it’s pretty accurate.  There’s a certain amount of maturity in one’s decision making that only improves with time.  

I think 40-60 is the sweet spot for leadership.  ***** 75 and higher is ridiculous lol.  However, if it’s clear their mind is fine then I don’t care.  

In this case it’s abundantly clear his mind is not fine and he should retire.  Same for Biden and Trump

I'd tend to agree, although there are certainly very sharp 20-30 year olds.  It's more a case of not knowing what you don't know.  To your other point, there are 70-80 year olds who are sharp as a tack, but I don't think it's a stretch to say that McConnell and Biden are not among them.  It's a really a shame that your mind and body are totally out of sync in terms of peak performance.  It'd be nice to get around ten years of them being at their highest level together.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:30 AM)basballguy Wrote: When I finally got my first corporate professional job I was like maybe 23 and working with people at least twice my age, I met this guy who had a general philosophy of “People don’t know shit until they are at least 40”

I thought it was ridiculous…but after 20 years working corporate jobs for Fortune 10 companies, I think it’s pretty accurate.  There’s a certain amount of maturity in one’s decision making that only improves with time.  

I think 40-60 is the sweet spot for leadership.  ***** 75 and higher is ridiculous lol.  However, if it’s clear their mind is fine then I don’t care.  

In this case it’s abundantly clear his mind is not fine and he should retire.  Same for Biden and Trump

Well people have this mindset then they get older and refuse to admit people who are in that sweet spot yet younger than them know better than they do. 

A 40 year old is a millennial and a lot of people are going to refuse to see them as the ultimate sources of wisdom. 

Hell the idea that rolling back this country 70-240+ years appeals to do many people has me skeptical we are going to embrace leaders who were born in the 2000s as i age.   
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:07 AM)GMDino Wrote: Uh, all Pally said was they didn't say what happened and gave an opinion on what it could be.

Take a chill pill.

Dude. If you took Brussels Sprout as a slam on Biden you're mistaken. It was nothing but a play on your vegetable comment. Maybe you missed the sarcasm smiley? It appears you are the one who should take a chill pill. 

Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 11:58 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dude. If you took Brussels Sprout as a slam on Biden you're mistaken. It was nothing but a play on your vegetable comment. Maybe you missed the sarcasm smiley? It appears you are the one who should take a chill pill. 

I just used it because you did so it was fresh.  I'm sure something similar was said about Fetterman, or even Biden, by someone along the way.  Didn't mean to upset you.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just used it because you did so it was fresh.  I'm sure something similar was said about Fetterman, or even Biden, by someone along the way.  Didn't mean to upset you.

You're sure "someone" said it, somewhere "along the way"?  Well, then it's completely fine to level accusations.

You're precious.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 12:22 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You're sure "someone" said it, somewhere "along the way"?  Well, then it's completely fine to level accusations.

You're precious.  Smirk

I didn't accuse anyone of anything.  I read a lot of the things said about Fetterman and Biden and I can guess/assume that somewhere along the line a similar if not exact statement was used.  Since he used "Brussel sprouts" earlier it was fresh in my head.

I'm sorry if that was misconstrued of offensive to someone.  That was not my intent.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2023, 12:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: I just used it because you did so it was fresh.  I'm sure something similar was said about Fetterman, or even Biden, by someone along the way.  Didn't mean to upset you.

You didn't.

Reply/Quote
Looked like he was doing a doody in his pants...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Prayers to Mitch McConnell for his speedy recovery and also his family. Even though I disagree with many things he says, he still has a right to say it, and he is still a human being notwithstanding. As opposed to the psychos on the right and how they reacted to Paul Pelosi and Sen. Diane Finestein when they had episodes with their health.
Reply/Quote
It happened again

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2023, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: It happened again

Get rid of him and the other clearly unwell dinosaurs who are in high political positions. Go retire on a beach, FFS.

A hot take, I know.
Reply/Quote