Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitch says he'd "absolutely" back Trump in 2024
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/540625-mcconnell-says-hed-back-trump-as-2024-gop-nominee?fbclid=IwAR0BntT6E39YHRAFU0mEcW37MUL7jGQcyMG9fnrSIC8jh_DOoAa2DeJpFpQ

Mitch was asked if he'd support Trump if he was the party's nominee in 2024. He said "absolutely".

11 days ago he said:

"Former President Trump’s actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty"

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day."

"“We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one."

But he'd still support him?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2021, 10:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/540625-mcconnell-says-hed-back-trump-as-2024-gop-nominee?fbclid=IwAR0BntT6E39YHRAFU0mEcW37MUL7jGQcyMG9fnrSIC8jh_DOoAa2DeJpFpQ

Mitch was asked if he'd support Trump if he was the party's nominee in 2024. He said "absolutely".

11 days ago he said:

"Former President Trump’s actions preceding the riot were a disgraceful dereliction of duty"

"There is no question that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of that day."

"“We have a criminal justice system in this country. We have civil litigation. And former presidents are not immune from being held accountable by either one."

But he'd still support him?

Is this the first you're hearing about this Mitch guy?

But seriously... It is incredible the way these guys will flip-flop as if there is no footage of anything they've ever said publicly before. Two months ago Lyndsey Graham was "out"... Now he's back to giving Trump a lil jiggle after the former president takes a leak. Honestly I think both guys hate him... I'm positive Mcconnell does, but they know Trump's people are the Republican base now. It's what happens when you dance with the devil.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Like any relationship you enter into with a nut, it ain't over until he/she says it's over.  Mitch is going to have to bow to Trump until one of them is dead n buried.

I wonder who Trump's VP will be.
Reply/Quote
Just came to post this in the impeachment thread:

It's disgusting but not surprising.  Party over everything: people and principles.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 09:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: Just came to post this in the impeachment thread:

It's disgusting but not surprising.  Party over everything: people and principles.  

It's actually personal power over everything.  

And it doesn't matter what he says now.  The sheeple only care about what is said within 6 months of the election.  I'll tune back in in the spring of 2024.....

And he isn't dumb.....Trump won't be running in 2024 because he's going to be in jail or broke, thus why Mitch can support him now because he knows Trump won't be running.  So Mitch supports him now, knowing Trump has no chance to run, thus staying strong RIGHT, without any real risk of having to deal with Trump in the future.  It is a savvy political move.....like everything else he does.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 12:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's actually personal power over everything.  

And it doesn't matter what he says now.  The sheeple only care about what is said within 6 months of the election.  I'll tune back in in the spring of 2024.....

And he isn't dumb.....Trump won't be running in 2024 because he's going to be in jail or broke, thus why Mitch can support him now because he knows Trump won't be running.  So Mitch supports him now, knowing Trump has no chance to run, thus staying strong RIGHT, without any real risk of having to deal with Trump in the future.  It is a savvy political move.....like everything else he does.

Pretty much this.  This costs Mitch nothing and keeps the loudest pro-Trump voices off his back.  Four years is an eternity in politics, what's said now has almost zero impact on 2024.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 12:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: It's actually personal power over everything.  

You have more faith in the legal system catching rich people than I do.   Smirk

He's speaking at CPAC this weekend.  And his minions will keep him in the news for years.
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 01:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: You have more faith in the legal system catching rich people than I do.   Smirk

He's speaking at CPAC this weekend.  And his minions will keep him in the news for years.

Mellow

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 09:11 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Like any relationship you enter into with a nut, it ain't over until he/she says it's over.  Mitch is going to have to bow to Trump until one of them is dead n buried.

I wonder who Trump's VP will be.

[Image: gettyimages-1230422858_wide-e8bb9ccf48d6...00-c85.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2021, 03:25 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: [Image: gettyimages-1230422858_wide-e8bb9ccf48d6...00-c85.jpg]

Yea, there’s no competition. From CrossFit gym owner to VP candidate in 4 years. All it takes it having absolutely no understanding of our government and being super antisemitic
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Plenty of time to find viable candidates.

And anyone who's surprised on Mitch's position hasn't been watching American politics.

They are almost all hypocrites with few exceptions on either side.
Reply/Quote
The straw poll with Trump had him taking it.

"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 09:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: It's disgusting but not surprising.  Party over everything: people and principles.  

. . . and country.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 05:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The straw poll with Trump had him taking it.

Interesting that boot lickers like Cruz and Pence and Graham don't attract support.

Kind of makes sense, if you want STRONGMEN for leaders, but don't see how that conflicts with the demand for total Trump fealty.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 05:38 PM)Dill Wrote: Interesting that boot lickers like Cruz and Pence and Graham don't attract support.

Kind of makes sense, if you want a STRONGMEN for leaders, but don't see how that conflicts with the demand for total Trump fealty.

Every last one of them on that list are boot lickers... With the exception of Haley. It'll be sorta amusing in 3 years (contingent on Trump not trying to kill himself like he did this past summer) when Trump's up there on stage slinging mud, and belting out new lil nicknames for Hawley, DeSantis, and whoever else is in the race. Loyalty is a one way street when it comes to Donald Trump.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I've interviewed Mitch multiple times. I will say this: I've never met someone so unable to answer a straight question. Followup: I've never had anyone walk out of an interview because of his inability to answer a straight question... Except Mitch.

The questions in common were: "What are some details of your job plan?" "Will you reduce SS payouts?" "Medical costs are a concern for our readers, what do you think Congress can do to address that issue?"

In four editorial boards with him, Mitch walked out on those three questions. Every time my publisher told me to let it go, that it meant more to have the majority leader from Kentucky.

We (my expublisher and I) don't keep in touch. Considering the last few years, I wonder how important that is, as Kentucky has continued to be an economic wasteland.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 12:40 AM)jason Wrote: Every last one of them on that list are boot lickers... With the exception of Haley. It'll be sorta amusing in 3 years (contingent on Trump not trying to kill himself like he did this past summer) when Trump's up there on stage slinging mud, and belting out new lil nicknames for Hawley, DeSantis, and whoever else is in the race. Loyalty is a one way street when it comes to Donald Trump.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/541081-haley-praises-trump-speech-after-breaking-with-him-over-capitol-riot

[Image: nUZkH1xHSE0FDErEOS73UHSQnk0hQ5rcgO1tUz14...7FkbU=s708]
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2021, 12:50 PM)Stewy Wrote: And he isn't dumb.....Trump won't be running in 2024 because he's going to be in jail or broke, thus why Mitch can support him now because he knows Trump won't be running.  So Mitch supports him now, knowing Trump has no chance to run, thus staying strong RIGHT, without any real risk of having to deal with Trump in the future.  It is a savvy political move.....like everything else he does.

Not sure about that Stew.   Trump's run is not over yet. 

You don't think McConnell's row with Trump will affect his leadership position in the Senate?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 02:55 AM)Benton Wrote: I've interviewed Mitch multiple times. I will say this: I've never met someone so unable to answer a straight question. Followup: I've never had anyone walk out of an interview because of his inability to answer a straight question... Except Mitch.

The questions in common were: "What are some details of your job plan?" "Will you reduce SS payouts?"  "Medical costs are a concern for our readers, what do you think Congress can do to address that issue?"

You are asking the wrong straight questions, Benton.

Next time try this:

"Senator McConnell, do you think that Dem obstruction is making it harder for you to serve the people of Tennessee and the nation?
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2021, 04:27 AM)Dill Wrote: Not sure about that Stew.   Trump's run is not over yet. 

You don't think McConnell's row with Trump will affect his leadership position in the Senate?

Currently Trump is under investigation by 5 different State and Federal Attorney Generals.  Plus a handful of civl and defamation suits.  Without the protection of the office, something is going to stick and then Trump will go away.  Thus Mitch is backing Trump because he knows Trump's political career is over.

Mark it.
Reply/Quote