Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl on the line, and you Perine.
Perine has made some big plays when Bengals needed throughout year but to end season on back to back plays to back up RB is baffling.

Could see maybe the first one to try and sneak by but when it came down to one last do or die play, the best should be on the field imo. Never have disliked Perine but he does not run as strongly as his size would suggest either. He looks like a guy would be tacklers would bounce right off of and would take gang tackling to bring down. Yet more often than not first contact brings him down. So do find it strange to end SB with two plays to Perine.

Yet proud of the heart these Bengals played with and their season..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Please give some examples, other than the chiefs game.  His only, one, outstanding play.

He had a realy long rushing TD @Baltimore late in the game to put the "Coffin Nails" hammered in. So there's that.

I don't mind the 3rd and 1 call. I mean, any team in the NFL would think you could get 1 yard in those circumstances, but the O-Line was just,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 09:25 AM)Stonyhands Wrote: Properly run organizations do what they need to fix issues as glaring as the ones we had.  Rams traded away draft picks all year to fill in pieces.  Bengals rolled the dice time and time again with the same guys who burned them all year.  Same song as last year.  Bengals have an apt for starting players that have been cut and labeled as busts from other teams.  

There’s a reason why past guys like Palmer and all the talking heads are constantly bashing the way Mike Brown runs this organization…these are not things made up out of thin air.  You cannot roll with guys who have proven to fail time and time again and expect different results.

When the Rams finally do come down out of win now mode they are going to be the worst team in football for at least 5 years..........

Im all for giving them credit but the Cavs did the same shit to win that ring in 2016 and weve just now built a team that doesnt SUCK.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:58 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Running plays out of shotgun 90 percent of the time the whole night is playing completely to the rams strength and your ol weakness.  Just from a technical perspective a dl has a much easier read on a play and locating the ball when the quarterback never turns his back and the ball away from the defensive lineman’s line of vision. When the quarterback is under center the defensive lineman must honor the run and not be as aggressive for the second the quarterback backs back and ball is turned away from him after the snap.

It may be true the shotgun is what burrow likes best. That doesn’t mean it’s what’s best for the game plan. The reality is the 2-3 times he was under center were the 3 biggest offensive yard gains of the game. When your interior line is atrocious a couple designed rollouts to the right would have also bought more time.

We run shotgun so much because the line is horrendous and its the only way to ENSURE that Burrow has at least 1.5 seconds to throw.

Do you see the bullrush Donald got off on Adeniji the 1 damn time he was asked to block him by himself? Ppl are saying "Oh thats just Donald no one blocks him." ADENIJI was getting manhandled by everyone all year!!

Burrow basically goes shotgun too so he can see where the pressure is coming from. The issue is when the line is imploding on itself Burrow cant step into the pocket AND he cant escape around an edge. An IMPLODING line that crashes completely around the QB is basically impossible to throw behind. Our lineman are somehow weak AND slow. Usually if you got  a tackle thats strong hes slow. Or if hes slow hes at least strong. Adeniji and whoever TF are on the right side are somehow slow and weak. 
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:58 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Running plays out of shotgun 90 percent of the time the whole night is playing completely to the rams strength and your ol weakness.  Just from a technical perspective a dl has a much easier read on a play and locating the ball when the quarterback never turns his back and the ball away from the defensive lineman’s line of vision. When the quarterback is under center the defensive lineman must honor the run and not be as aggressive for the second the quarterback backs back and ball is turned away from him after the snap.

It may be true the shotgun is what burrow likes best. That doesn’t mean it’s what’s best for the game plan. The reality is the 2-3 times he was under center were the 3 biggest offensive yard gains of the game. When your interior line is atrocious a couple designed rollouts to the right would have also bought more time.

Run plays out of shotgun have more success than run plays under center. This been the case for 10+ years at this point. From a general offensive standpoint, shotgun vs UC doesn't make much of a difference. If anything, shotgun is just better. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:11 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I never want to see perine on the sideline again.

So you just want him on the field the whole game, or what?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:06 PM)Housh Wrote: When the Rams finally do come down out of win now mode they are going to be the worst team in football for at least 5 years..........

Im all for giving them credit but the Cavs did the same shit to win that ring in 2016 and weve just now built a team that doesnt SUCK.

I would take one Super Bowl win and then 5 years of crappy football. 

The Rams were smart in doing what they did. A lot of teams should do things like that. Relying on the draft is a crapshoot anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I would take one Super Bowl win and then 5 years of crappy football. 

The Rams were smart in doing what they did. A lot of teams should do things like that. Relying on the draft is a crapshoot anyway. 

Yeah no kidding. People are trying to discredit the Rams for how they built their team but they just won the SB. I would do that every single time. 
Reply/Quote
Didn’t Perine score a 49 yard catch and run against the chiefs. He should have been in the game a lot more imo
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:23 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Yeah no kidding. People are trying to discredit the Rams for how they built their team but they just won the SB. I would do that every single time. 

I'm glad you made this post. The Rams just won the Super Bowl, yet people are acting as if it is problematic because they traded away first round picks to acquire HoF talent. The result speaks for itself, they are champions. Their approach is admirable and I'd be a happier Bengals fan today if we won the Super Bowl even if it meant we had no first round picks for a couple seasons.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I would take one Super Bowl win and then 5 years of crappy football. 

I just gave KillerGoose credit when you initiated the sentiment. I agree with your thinking.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 12:44 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm glad you made this post. The Rams just won the Super Bowl, yet people are acting as if it is problematic because they traded away first round picks to acquire HoF talent. The result speaks for itself, they are champions. Their approach is admirable and I'd be a happier Bengals fan today if we won the Super Bowl even if it meant we had no first round picks for a couple seasons.

Yeah, exactly. Using your draft picks to acquire proven talent is a great strategy if you are really close imo. It may mortgage your future to a certain degree but if it pays off with a SB win, that doesn't matter. 
Reply/Quote
The fact that Mixon wasn't even on the field for the final series is beyond perplexing. He's your 12m a year back and had been running well, yet he's standing on the sidelines watching in the biggest series of the entire season.
Reply/Quote