Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl on the line, and you Perine.
(02-14-2022, 02:44 AM)jj22 Wrote: Perine's production has been in the passing game this season. Not just the Chief's TD, just in general he has caught the ball well. I think you put Mixon in there with the game on the line tho. But he hasn't been able to pick up 3rd and shorts either.

You can't throw it out of bounds on 2nd and 1 ala Dalton tho.

edit: Maybe it wasn't out of bounds I'm not rewatching it. I don't remember anyone in site tho.

I saw a tweet saying miscommunication between Chase and Burrow. The ball did land out of bounds but Chase may have been able to catch it if he continues to run. Really should've been a shorter pass. Would've liked to get Uzomah in there. Overall just a bad offense down the stretch. 5 straight drives with nothing. I tend to blame playcalling. The line started to suck but adjust the calls accordingly. Get the ball in Chases hands.
Reply/Quote
It is a problem when you can't trust your 12 million dollar RB in 2 minute drills. This is not the first time he has not been on the field for these situations. Perine is a fine player and has done well for us but he is not Joe Mixon. Was hoping to see us move the pocket. Get Burrow on the move and let him make a throw or get the yard
Reply/Quote
Not a bengals fan but had to comment What type of offensive is this? A run and shoot? Does burrow not line up behind center? The one time he did mixon gained 11 on the hand off. Everything else was burrow shotgun 5 yards or by himself. The dl just teed off the entire second half without worry. If your offensive line sucks why no play action? to keep the defensive line guessing and buy 1-2 seconds more separation time for the receivers? The two Times he went deep he connected. They were able to get open when they had time. No screens no designed roll outs to buy time? The entire offensive game plan in the 2nd half was atrocious. This coach is going to get your quarterbacks career finished in the next couple years sad really.
Reply/Quote
If there was ever a time to run Perrine it was on that play. The Rams just stopped us. I have no problem with the play.

What I don’t understand is why we’ve underutilized Chris Evans all year. I think he would have caught the desperation pass on 4th down
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:20 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Not a bengals fan but had to comment What type of offensive is this? A run and shoot? Does burrow not line up behind center? The one time he did mixon gained 11 on the hand off. Everything else was burrow shotgun 5 yards or by himself. The dl just teed off the entire second half without worry. If your offensive line sucks why no play action? to keep the defensive line guessing and buy 1-2 seconds more separation time for the receivers? The two Times he went deep he connected. They were able to get open when they had time. No screens no designed roll outs to buy time? The entire offensive game plan in the 2nd half was atrocious. This coach is going to get your quarterbacks career finished in the next couple years sad really.

I feel like play action would just lead to Donald and miller getting into the backfield and sacking burrow lol
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:21 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: If there was ever a time to run Perrine it was on that play. The Rams just stopped us. I have no problem with the play.

What I don’t understand is why we’ve underutilized Chris Evans all year. I think he would have caught the desperation pass on 4th down

2nd drive of the game they had Evans for a big play but he misjudged the ball, stopped running, and tried to jump.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:24 AM)Whatever Wrote: 2nd drive of the game they had Evans for a big play but he misjudged the ball, stopped running, and tried to jump.  

Do you think Perrine would have made that play, or that Burrow would have even thrown that pass to Perrine?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:20 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Not a bengals fan but had to comment What type of offensive is this? A run and shoot? Does burrow not line up behind center? The one time he did mixon gained 11 on the hand off. Everything else was burrow shotgun 5 yards or by himself. The dl just teed off the entire second half without worry.  If your offensive line sucks why no play action? to keep the defensive line guessing and buy 1-2 seconds more separation time for the receivers? The two Times he went deep he connected. They were able to get open when they had time. No screens no designed roll outs to buy time? The entire offensive game plan in the 2nd half was atrocious. This coach is going to get your quarterbacks career finished in the next couple years sad really.

We are a brutally bad screen team.  They rarely work for us.  Keep in mind that an effective screen game requires your OL to be able to get downhill and make some blocks.  Burrow is rarely under center and a lot of that is is because he prefers to be in shotgun.  Frankly, as bad as the OL was, he'd have gotten killed trying to make drops from under C.  They will run play action out of the shotgun, but it's tough from under C because Burrow has to turn his back to the defense and then try to read the field once hhe gets his head back around and unless you fool everyone with PA, there's a defender in his lap.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:30 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: Do you think Perrine would have made that play, or that Burrow would have even thrown that pass to Perrine?

No and no.  Our backup RB's suck.  It's not a priority over OL, but it is something that needs to be addressed this off season.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: It’s baffling. Utter stupidity. And you don’t stay in a shotgun formation to do it.

No one can defend that decision.

Some will man! I text that out to my boy’s! Don’t try to bullshit me! No mora victories. Idiot made a horrid call when he was lucky to have this team in this position! Shocked he didn’t take advantage!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:20 AM)Oasis5055 Wrote: Not a bengals fan but had to comment What type of offensive is this? A run and shoot? Does burrow not line up behind center? The one time he did mixon gained 11 on the hand off. Everything else was burrow shotgun 5 yards or by himself. The dl just teed off the entire second half without worry.  If your offensive line sucks why no play action? to keep the defensive line guessing and buy 1-2 seconds more separation time for the receivers? The two Times he went deep he connected. They were able to get open when they had time. No screens no designed roll outs to buy time? The entire offensive game plan in the 2nd half was atrocious. This coach is going to get your quarterbacks career finished in the next couple years sad really.

Honestly, the poor game plan has me lacking confidence in the ones putting this plan together. You are right, it was atrocious. Bad night for Mr. Taylor. A longtime Bengals' fan told me yesterday that he felt like the game plan that Taylor devises for this game will tell us just where he's at. I thought the offensive game plan was poor.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: It’s literally like the bengals Get to this moment.  They process and fully understand what the opponents strengths and Weaknesses is.

Then the bengals  decide, not only will They try and beat them
At what they do best.. we will do it with our worst players.

Perine v Donald… what could Have gone wrong.

Lol
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:13 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I saw a tweet saying miscommunication between Chase and Burrow. The ball did land out of bounds but Chase may have been able to catch it if he continues to run. Really should've been a shorter pass. Would've liked to get Uzomah in there. Overall just a bad offense down the stretch. 5 straight drives with nothing. I tend to blame playcalling. The line started to suck but adjust the calls accordingly. Get the ball in Chases hands.

Exactly this. For some unknown reason, I got called out in the game day thread for saying we should've been game planning around the number of sacks Burrow was taking.... 

I know Chase ends up with 5 catches, but am I the only one who watched the game and didn't feel like he was really much of a factor? I feel like we just didn't do enough with him. The narrative was to be that Ramsey limits what we can do with him, but we sure as heck weren't frightened of throwing against Ramsey.

Seems like a real throw to me that the 2nd half offence doesn't just move to screens, dink and dunk type stuff. Anything to move the ball quickly... and by doing so, you protect the QB too.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:41 AM)Whatever Wrote: Like two.  And he's pretty much sucked the rest of the time.

He's Brian Leonard 2.0 to me.  Makes a great play once in a great while, but is a liability the rest of the time.

Plus Mixon was running really well all game. I just don’t understand putting the Super Bowl in the hands of Samaje Perine over your big money RB. The Rams went to Kupp when literally everyone knew they were going to. They let their star player go out and win them the game.

Personally I would have just hit something quick to Chase right there. He’s almost impossible to bring down immediately. I like his chances to pick up 1 yard.

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 07:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

Thanks for summing up what I tried to do with one tweet. Yet somehow, people here defending it.

It would be the equivalent of benching chase in favor of Michael Thomas.
Reply/Quote
Definitely not defending the call, but I would've had Perine out there as well... in pass protection. I don't know why you run it on 3rd and 1, when you're running out of time in the superbowl. Run play should've been on 2nd down if we really wanted to run it.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 08:11 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Definitely not defending the call, but I would've had Perine out there as well... in pass protection. I don't know why you run it on 3rd and 1, when you're running out of time in the superbowl. Run play should've been on 2nd down if we really wanted to run it.

Especially when I you run, right at Donald.
Reply/Quote
Perine also got the call on 3rd-and-1 in the first drive of the game. He got stopped short and that is when we went for it on 4th down.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:46 AM)Catwalk24 Wrote: Lol

Running plays out of shotgun 90 percent of the time the whole night is playing completely to the rams strength and your ol weakness. Just from a technical perspective a dl has a much easier read on a play and locating the ball when the quarterback never turns his back and the ball away from the defensive lineman’s line of vision. When the quarterback is under center the defensive lineman must honor the run and not be as aggressive for the second the quarterback backs back and ball is turned away from him after the snap.

It may be true the shotgun is what burrow likes best. That doesn’t mean it’s what’s best for the game plan. The reality is the 2-3 times he was under center were the 3 biggest offensive yard gains of the game. When your interior line is atrocious a couple designed rollouts to the right would have also bought more time.
Reply/Quote