Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super Bowl on the line, and you Perine.
(02-14-2022, 02:10 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't mind the playcall.  However, 3rd &1 with under a minute to go in the SB, you hand it to Mixon.

It was an unneeded wrinkle to bring Perine in. I understand you wanna trick them into playing pass but it was one yard. No1 thought Joe was passing there. Why not go back to the 2 TE set and run it with Mixon?

A Jamarr Chase jet sweep to start that play probably helps too
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:10 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't mind the playcall.  However, 3rd &1 with under a minute to go in the SB, you hand it to Mixon.

Thank you!!! Perine belongs no where but the sideline. Incredible that ppl defend the decision to hang the SB on perine.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
At crunch time the Rams went to their best player Kupp and it worked even though they had no other viable weapons.

I agree no reason to go to Perine at crunch time especially.  Honestly I believe there was no reason to play Perine in any game at all besides blowouts all year.  I do like Perine real fine as a runner and a runner only but he flat sucks as a receiver and is even worse than suckey in blitz pick up.  I thought he lost us the KC game when he missed that backfield reception late in the gamer, that admittingly was less than perfectly thrown, but it still has to be either caught or knocked to the ground so as to not be intercepted.

Perine would be a very useful as a runner behind an offensive line that can run block even a tad bit but the 2021 and 2022 Bengals line could not.  I would have played Chris Evans all day every day as the back-up running back.  He is way better as a catching back and also better a blitz pick up back than Perine which is not really saying much.  Even if his running ability was to be way worse I would argue that it really does not matter behind this particular O-line.

Running Perine behind Adeniji yee hah at crunch time....Adeniji is literally facing the wrong direction as he got manhandled as usual...I guess Adeniji wanted a good view of Perine coming up short on the run.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:11 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Perine made 1 big play all year.  And the bengals put the season on the Line with him.  That’s not an opinion.  Sorry, it’s fact.

i'm not even a perine fan, but he's made more than 1 big play all season, so no, it's not a fact at all. 
Reply/Quote
One thing we can all agree on.

This is nowhere as bad at Pete Carroll throwing against New England. Lol

To me the play was solid the line just couldn’t execute
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:16 AM)Housh Wrote: One thing we can all agree on.

This is nowhere as bad at Pete Carroll throwing against New England. Lol

To me the play was solid the line just couldn’t execute

It’s similar. 3rd and 1. You have a great QB, Rb and Wr. Your OL is shit. You have two plays to get 1 yard. So you hand off to your backup RB. Please help me understand.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:15 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i'm not even a perine fan, but he's made more than 1 big play all season, so no, it's not a fact at all. 

OP's just upset right now. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:15 AM)Tiger Blood Wrote: i'm not even a perine fan, but he's made more than 1 big play all season, so no, it's not a fact at all. 

Please give some examples, other than the chiefs game. His only, one, outstanding play.
Reply/Quote
That and the decision to go for it on 4th down on the first drive were head scratchers.  I get not wanting to be too predictable...but those calls were just weird.  
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: OP's just upset right now. 

Please give some examples, other than the chiefs game. His only, one, outstanding play.

Everything else is ordinarily average, or worse.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Please give some examples, other than the chiefs game.  His only, one, outstanding play.

how about the one drive in the packers game for one. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:20 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Please give some examples, other than the chiefs game.  His only, one, outstanding play.

There's more, but it's late:

https://youtu.be/Rnmmg38VprY
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Stop.

Chase
Higgins
Boyd
Mixon

CJ

Perine.

SB on the line, bad OL.  And you give it Perine.  That’s your season.  Never mind you had a pro bowl RB or all season rookie WR.  You give it to Perine.  Take it out of the comeback player of the years hands.  Give it to a guy who arguable doesn’t deserve to be on a roster.  Lol

Sure, that’s the guy, 3rd and 1, that decides the outcome.

The ONLY conceivable reason I can come up with why they called that play was to throw the Rams D off a bit because they are not expecting the play to go to Perrine.

That is all I got.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:41 AM)Housh Wrote: Good idea

Isn’t a coaches fault our ***** ass o line couldn’t open up a hole for 1 yards.

Theoretically ANY RB we put back there should’ve gotten it, if the line did their jobs. They didn’t do their jobs.

Yeah but they should factor that into the decision. They should also factor in how many snaps and timeouts they have left in the game. Any running play results in a timeout being called. They should have passed every play in that situation to save the clock. If it’s incomplete it stops the clock, if it’s complete it moves us closer. It’s pretty basic 2 minute offense.

The play calling has cost us at times this year. But I think we’ll be better next year as they have no choice but to address the oline this year. There are no more excuses. It’s the only weakness. We have money so spend it. We’ll be better next year and the play calling won’t matter so much.
Reply/Quote
Perine's production has been in the passing game this season. Not just the Chief's TD, just in general he has caught the ball well. I think you put Mixon in there with the game on the line tho. But he hasn't been able to pick up 3rd and shorts either.

You can't throw it out of bounds on 2nd and 1 ala Dalton tho.

edit: Maybe it wasn't out of bounds I'm not rewatching it. I don't remember anyone in site tho.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:06 AM)Housh Wrote: Hindsight you throw it twice with Joe.

Smart football play was the run there tho. No risk of a crazy pick, and ANY team in football probably thinks they can get 1 yard.

There's a difference between playing the run and using Perine for that run. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:36 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Lol.

Everything else aside, 3rd and 1 and you power I into Aaron Donald with Perine.  I wouldn’t do that in a game of madden I play on Tuesday. Yet, in the Super Bowl, that’s the play call.  I love everything about this team, but whoever decided to run Perine on 3rd and one (Callahan, Taylor, etc) should probably decide football is not on th Orr best interest.
So please why have him in late 1st half with KC and s or a TD that really turned ga.e around.. what were those coaches thinking
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:43 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Stop.

Chase
Higgins
Boyd
Mixon

CJ

Perine.

SB on the line, bad OL.  And you give it Perine.  That’s your season.  Never mind you had a pro bowl RB or all season rookie WR.  You give it to Perine.  Take it out of the comeback player of the years hands.  Give it to a guy who arguable doesn’t deserve to be on a roster.  Lol

Sure, that’s the guy, 3rd and 1, that decides the outcome.

I agree. I like Perine but in that situation Mixon should've never been coming off the field. Not sure I would've loved a run with Mixon there but better than Perine.
Reply/Quote
Get rid of Perine... he's just mehh
Reply/Quote
I’m a little peeved at how little they ran Mixon. Mixon was running easily his best all post season and they just went away from him unprovoked many times
Reply/Quote