Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mitchell Schwartz calling out the NFL for allowing Aaron Donald to be offsides
Then you have the false start on 3rd and goal before the Wilson hold and I say the NFL is a joke! I almost liked the nfl more than the ncaaa! I actually might hate football after this season! The NIL and transfer portal has killed the ncaa
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:26 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: The o-line played bad for 95% of the season, so you’re essentially saying the bengals shouldn’t have even been good.

Shut up. And there’s zero reason to throw that flag on Wilson when the refs were allowing both defenses to get physical with the receivers all game. Ramsey got away with it twice

Lol. Get some sleep. Shut up is something little kids say. Can’t blame the refs for this one. We got plenty of calls to go our way too. When it comes down to it we got outplayed when it mattered late in the game because our line got dominated. Live and learn. Invest in our line this offseason and we’ll win next year. We’ve got a great young team that will contend for years. Buck up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Rams were offsides numerous times. They were just letting them play most of the game. Up until the last two minutes.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 04:04 AM)TheFan Wrote: Our team, QB, and coach had the ball numerous times to put the game out of reach and win it themselves. Was that penalty bullshit? Most definitely. Was it the only reason they won we lost?  Most definitely not. This game falls on Burrow, Taylor, and the oline. All people talked about here for the past 2 weeks was how Burrow isn't phased by the big stage, pressure, and just wins. He looked phased, tentative, and didn't propel the team to victory despite many many chances. 

Burrow didn’t lose game. O line lost game.

I’ll bet no no QB in nfl history won 3 games and came within 3 points of winning Super Bowl with the number of sacks in four games or even 7 sacks in final game.

This game is on front office who have done well in really all other area except doing more to fix the long term obvious weakness.

The right side played as hard as they are capable. They just aren’t starting NFL quality players. Everyone knew that last year
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:31 AM)BengalB Wrote: I agree, except when they were WINNING the game and the refs, or someone, gave Stafford unlimited chances to score based on phantom penalties.

Is that not what happened? Or? After our D got the stop, refs threw the flag and then called penalties that literally did not happen, more than once, to give Stafford a fresh set of downs to make, not a FG, but a TD?

Didn’t see this reply. Refs miss calls. It happens. The refs missed a huge call on our last TD pass to Higgins. You can’t ignore that it went both ways.

I didn’t notice the offsides on the last play live. Refs didn’t either. They normally catch those though. Yeah it sucks but the bottom line is we have to play better and not put the game in the hands of the refs hoping for a call.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:11 AM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: A loser mentality is blaming the refs. They have to play better to win the game. Gotta take ownership of where you can improve. That’s a winners mentality. Blaming the refs is for losers.

I recall complaining about officiating following some 5th or so grade soccer match and my ol man just said that's the risk you take when you keep it close enough for the refs to determine things.

There were blown calls abound, but that's the HD era of football.  Every play is analyzed for everyone to see every second after it occurs.  Makes you wonder how much better the officiating was in the old days when this info wasn't out there being shared  everywhere. 
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 03:40 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: With all of the chatter about him being better than LT, this should've been expected.  I don't want to take anything away from be guy because he has been amazingly good...but...he's not better than Reggie White, not better than Bruce Smith, and not better than Michael Strahan.  The hype over him was pretty absurd.

He has been a dominant force and is a sure HOF that speaks volumes.. trying to compare greats is difficult but how they perform in their era is a good gauge and no one of last decade has played at his consistent level
Reply/Quote
I’m ticked about those calls. I’m not close to being convinced there was a “fix,” but they absolutely affected the outcome of the game.

That being said, I’m amazed at how many people are just chalking this up to the OL and moving on. The OL is lousy, but they were hardly the only problem. We can sign Munoz, Big Willie and Tony Boselli at their respective primes this offseason and they’re still going to look awful until we hire a playcaller who makes it dangerous to blitz every down and until Joe starts to react to them better. This team has way too freaking much offensive talent to be shut out for the final 26-27 minutes of a game. And if you have the stomach to watch, you’ll see our braintrust did nothing to adjust to the pressure.

Yes, get better linemen, please. Post haste. But understand it’s only part of the problem.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 10:19 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m ticked about those calls. I’m not close to being convinced there was a “fix,” but they absolutely affected the outcome of the game.

That being said, I’m amazed at how many people are just chalking this up to the OL and moving on. The OL is lousy, but they were hardly the only problem. We can sign Munoz, Big Willie and Tony Boselli at their respective primes this offseason and they’re still going to look awful until we hire a playcaller who makes it dangerous to blitz every down and until Joe starts to react to them better. This team has way too freaking much offensive talent to be shut out for the final 26-27 minutes of a game. And if you have the stomach to watch, you’ll see our braintrust did nothing to adjust to the pressure.

Yes, get better linemen, please. Post haste. But understand it’s only part of the problem.
Agreed 100%. Maybe players just weren't getting open at all but the constant dropping back, Burrow standing for a second, and then running forward into a sack was so frustrating. The play calling in the second half seemed predictable and scared. I mean how many time did Collinsworth say  "when 94 is in the game don't run" and we did it like 6 times for 0 yards. Burrow seemed to never have anyone to drop it off to except a RB and that's poor design knowing how bad the oline was playing in the second half. I think I saw 1 draw play and it went for 8 yards. I'm not even going to touch how many plays were wasted on Perine.
Reply/Quote