Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt for Sec of State?
So this is the biggest rumor mill appointment and one that may surprise a lot of people. Mitt has been one of Trump's biggest opponents within the GOP, calling him a phony/fraud/unfit.

Personally, I like Mitt. Disagreements with some foreign policy and social issues aside, I think his brand of moderate politics is what America needs. While I voted Johnson in 2012, I was kind of hoping Mitt won. I think he's a respectable man and would be a great face for the US abroad when meeting with other nations.

I would be far more at ease with him dealing with Putin and the rest of the world than Rudy. Certainly it would be a lot for him to swallow for him to work for Trump, but I imagine he can rationalize it by believing he could be a great Secretary of State and balance out the fact that Trump is completely unfit for the role he now finds himself in.

Thoughts on Mitt?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-21-2016, 05:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: So this is the biggest rumor mill appointment and one that may surprise a lot of people. Mitt has been one of Trump's biggest opponents within the GOP, calling him a phony/fraud/unfit.

Personally, I like Mitt. Disagreements with some foreign policy and social issues aside, I think his brand of moderate politics is what America needs. While I voted Johnson in 2012, I was kind of hoping Mitt won. I think he's a respectable man and would be a great face for the US abroad when meeting with other nations.

I would be far more at ease with him dealing with Putin and the rest of the world than Rudy. Certainly it would be a lot for him to swallow for him to work for Trump, but I imagine he can rationalize it by believing he could be a great Secretary of State and balance out the fact that Trump is completely unfit for the role he now finds himself in.

Thoughts on Mitt?

I just told someone at work I thought it was more a "kiss the ring" moment and Romney won't get anything.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
It would be a much welcomed and much needed change from the appointments already made.
I'd be very surprised. He would be a good choice, but I don't see one side making the offer as he tends to take criticism personal, and I think the other side would be hesitant to accept it as he seems to have some principles.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Of the names which have been mentioned as possibilities, I would prefer Romney.
(11-21-2016, 06:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Of the names which have been mentioned as possibilities, I would prefer Romney.

I guess I would too, but all that really means is Romney is not, as near as I can tell, a neo-Nazi.

Romney knows some things about making money, but doing so in pretty sketchy ways. The difference between both these men born with silver spoons in their mouths is Romney went to a good finishing school and learned how to make cogent and inoffensive remarks at a dinner party, well 47% of the time anyway. Trump thought, "Learn manners? Why? I'm rich, *****! I've got fuckyoumoney, so **** you!"

Donnie offends Mitt, because he wants to be one of the pussygrabbing guys. Of course, Trump will never be one of the guys, but many of the guys like the idea that super rich Trump is a regular guy just like them - it feeds the fantasy that tomorrow I will be a pussygrabbing millionaire too!

Mitt offends Donnie because he believes the rich are better not by virtue of their wealth, but by virtue of their "class" and decorum. Trump couldn't charm a $5 hooker, and every time Mitt flashes the ol' Romney charm it just pisses Don off because he knows that all that matters is what's in your wallet. He has no social skills and no respect for those like Romney who worked hard to refine their own.

Now if you assume that secretary of state is nothing more than an empty suit who needs to know his way around the silverware at state dinners, look good in photos shaking hands, and not end up on page 3 of the Enquirer with Johnny Manziel in a hot tub full of hookers, then yeah, Mitt has mad skills.

If you think secretary of state should know something about global politics, diplomacy, and negotiating mutually beneficial agreements, I doubt Mitt has the right stuff. But hey, he's apparently not a Klansman and this makes him a really great choice for Trump. Really, bigly great.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I'm pretty neutral about Romney. I'd feel a little safer with him by Trump's side.