Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon 146 Yards Rushing and Can't Beat Browns...
Terrible Red Zone Playcalling.

Also, how many 3rd and Longs will this team give up? There was a 3rd and 19 that the Browns easily converted.

Don't tell me that the defense has improved until they can stop the opponent from converting 3rd and 19.
Reply/Quote
If Zac weren’t a moron, he would have rushed for 148.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon shoulda punched Zac like he was a female in a restaurant.

That series of plays at the 2 were beyond absurd. We caught a break when dude didn't pick off Andy, so we go to Joe to get the first and then we call 4 straight passes.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If Zac weren’t a moron, he would have rushed for 148.

It’s obvious they were more concerned with Andy tying or beating Phil Sims TD record than winning this football game. This entire staff of reject coaches needs purged. It’s not new blood at coaching that they need. It’s a whole new franchise philosophy change that is current for the times. Just because Mike Clown hires a young coaching staff that doesn’t change the outdated free agency philosophy or the small POS scouting department.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:08 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If Zac weren’t a moron, he would have rushed for 148.

Im sure its not intentional but if this team wanted to be smart we wouldn't be trying to win another game this season. We got our 1 win so we don't go 0-16 now lets get the #1 pick and get a real QB in here.

Lets not ruin possibly the only good thing to come out of this season by winning a couple meaningless games these last couple weeks.

So I say keep calling plays like a moron.
Reply/Quote

I don't think Zac can rush for 148. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Zac can rush for 148. 

That Dalton keeper on 4th and goal was as moronic call as I have seen in a while. I didn't know we had Andy "lamar jax" at QB? not to mention we just ran that play like 10 plays prior! Is ZT smoking crack or is he in early alzheimers stages? We need to keep Dalton healthy so we can get our hopefully 3rd rounder later too. Add to that, Dalton today just proves once again that he will never , ever be that guy who puts a team over the hump. He needs alot of talent and good coaches around him to be close to being decent     
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Zac can rush for 148. 

After I posted I thought, “I should edit this because I know some jackass is going to comment on it”.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:28 PM)kalibengal Wrote: That Dalton keeper on 4th and goal was as moronic call as I have seen in a while. I didn't know we had Andy "lamar jax" at QB? not to mention we just ran that play like 10 plays prior! Is ZT smoking crack or is he in early alzheimers stages? We need to keep Dalton healthy so we can get our hopefully 3rd rounder later too. Add to that, Dalton today just proves once again that he will never , ever be that guy who puts a team over the hump. He needs alot of talent and good coaches around him to be close to being decent     

Are there any QBs in the league NOT in need of talent around them and good coaching? C'mon..It's not like even the best QBs are completely invincible..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Terrible Red Zone Playcalling.

Also, how many 3rd and Longs will this team give up? There was a 3rd and 19 that the Browns easily converted.

Don't tell me that the defense has improved until they can stop the opponent from converting 3rd and 19.

It took Taylor 10 weeks to notice that Mixon was on the roster and to final start handing him the ball an appropriate number of times in a game, so I'd be amazed if he were capable of calling a decent game anytime soon.

Mixon also had more catches and receiving yards than the rookie who returned this week. Hahahahahhaha  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:34 PM)michaelsean Wrote: After I posted I thought, “I should edit this because I know some jackass is going to comment on it”.

Accurate.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:37 PM)grampahol Wrote: Are there any QBs in the league NOT in need of talent around them and good coaching? C'mon..It's not like even the best QBs are completely invincible..

It doesn’t matter who the next QB will be but if he doesn’t have talent we will be at the same place we are now. I don’t understand why some in bengal land thinks with a new QB all our problems just melt away. This team is in dire need of at least two lineman and another wideout who is durable and understands clock situation. This list should also include Linebacker with speed and an accurate kicker who people don’t refer to as fat ass. I get it. Many of you are tired of Andy. But this team has so many needs I hope this team is smart enough if they draft a QB they give him a line. I remember the Klingler and Akili days and this organization drafted poorly and didn’t give them opportunities to succeed. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Zac's got to give up playcalling and we need an experienced playcaller in here. That's the only way I can see anything changing. He just doesn't have it as a playcaller.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:55 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It doesn’t matter who the next QB will be but if he doesn’t have talent we will be at the same place we are now.  I don’t understand why some in bengal land thinks with a new QB all our problems just melt away.  This team is in dire need of at least two lineman and another wideout who is durable and understands clock situation.  This list should also include Linebacker with speed and an accurate kicker who people don’t refer to as fat ass.  I get it. Many of you are tired of Andy.  But this team has so many needs I hope this team is smart enough if they draft a QB they give him a line.  I remember the Klingler and Akili days and this organization drafted poorly and didn’t give them opportunities to succeed.  I hope history doesn’t repeat itself again.
Most of the young posters don't understand that. Even Carson Palmer needed an above average line or he was useless.
Trade down twice, pick up an extra first for the following year and draft linemen.
Use the extra draft pick in 2021 to trade up and get your QB.
Much better team that's much more equipped to handle the burden of a young QB.
And people can dog Klingler all they want but I will never call him a *****. He limped back onto the field twice in the Cleveland game before Pepper Johnson finally took him out and also took out Donald Hollis two plays later to place us into the Jeff Blake/one trick pony era. Lesson is, get an o-line or keep looking for a QB.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Im sure its not intentional but if this team wanted to be smart we wouldn't be trying to win another game this season. We got our 1 win so we don't go 0-16 now lets get the #1 pick and get a real QB in here.

Lets not ruin possibly the only good thing to come out of this season by winning a couple meaningless games these last couple weeks.

So I say keep calling plays like a moron.

They've called plays like this all year though. This isn't some intentional thing.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:55 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It doesn’t matter who the next QB will be but if he doesn’t have talent we will be at the same place we are now.  I don’t understand why some in bengal land thinks with a new QB all our problems just melt away.  This team is in dire need of at least two lineman and another wideout who is durable and understands clock situation.  This list should also include Linebacker with speed and an accurate kicker who people don’t refer to as fat ass.  I get it. Many of you are tired of Andy.  But this team has so many needs I hope this team is smart enough if they draft a QB they give him a line.  I remember the Klingler and Akili days and this organization drafted poorly and didn’t give them opportunities to succeed.  I hope history doesn’t repeat itself again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, one would figure that IF we finish 1-15 that they will be forced to address atleast some of the deficiencies in free agency.

IF they won say 3 of the last 5 games, they might have stood pat.

Losing to the Browns twice and losing twice to a depleted Steelers team SHOULD make them take a close look in the mirror.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Mixon shoulda punched Zac like he was a female in a restaurant.

That series of plays at the 2 were beyond absurd. We caught a break when dude didn't pick off Andy, so we go to Joe to get the first and then we call 4 straight passes.

I couldn’t understand why they were not pounding it in either. Play calling was WTF?

Reply/Quote
The Bengals struggled on third down in Cleveland. Andy Dalton and the offense were 1-for-6 on third down in the first half.
Going into Sunday, the Bengals converted on 36 percent of their third downs. Cincinnati outgained the Browns in rushing yards, passing yards, controlled time of possession and had one more takeaway in the first half. However, the Bengals’ inability to convert on third down was the reason the team trailed by one when they retreated into the locker room at halftime.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: he Bengals struggled on third down in Cleveland. Andy Dalton and the offense were 1-for-6 on third down in the first half.
Going into Sunday, the Bengals converted on 36 percent of their third downs. Cincinnati outgained the Browns in rushing yards, passing yards, controlled time of possession and had one more takeaway in the first half. However, the Bengals’ inability to convert on third down was the reason the team trailed by one when they retreated into the locker room at halftime.

Yeah, it was pretty crappy. I remember towards the end game envisioning ZTs post game interview comments , “If you look at the stats, we should have won this game. We have to do better.” 

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:00 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yeah, it was pretty crappy. I remember towards the end game envisioning ZTs post game interview comments , “If you look at the stats, we should have won this game. We have to do better.” 

That's basically what he said. Something along the lines of We controlled the game, but needed to make more plays.

On 3rd and long our defense routinely leaves guys wide open and allowed a 3rd and 19 conversion. The offense is just so bad that we focus on that.
Reply/Quote