Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon 146 Yards Rushing and Can't Beat Browns...
(12-08-2019, 09:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's basically what he said. Something along the lines of We controlled the game, but needed to make more plays.

On 3rd and long our defense routinely leaves guys wide open and allowed a 3rd and 19 conversion. The offense is just so bad that we focus on that.

Yes, but this is not something that just began this year. Since 2015, we’ve had an issue.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well, one would figure that IF we finish 1-15 that they will be forced to address atleast some of the deficiencies in free agency.

IF they won say 3 of the last 5 games, they might have stood pat.

Losing to the Browns twice and losing twice to a depleted Steelers team SHOULD make them take a close look in the mirror.

Logic dictates this, but I strongly doubt it happens.  They don't have it in them to admit that they are wrong about free agency and need to change their approach.

I think it's more likely that the narrative from on high will be to finally admit that they are in a rebuild.  They will probably stress that rebuilds take several seasons and drafts to be judged.  Above all, the old "model model" trash will be rehashed, and we'll wait.  

Players may be signed, but they'll likely be Taco Bell Grade D Beef guys like BW Webb.  
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 07:19 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Im sure its not intentional but if this team wanted to be smart we wouldn't be trying to win another game this season. We got our 1 win so we don't go 0-16 now lets get the #1 pick and get a real QB in here.

Lets not ruin possibly the only good thing to come out of this season by winning a couple meaningless games these last couple weeks.

So I say keep calling plays like a moron.

This coaching staff is gonna ruin that duck chucker down there at LSU...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 09:07 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes, but this is not something that just began this year. Since 2015, we’ve had an issue.

Yes and I think a lot of people still don't really get that or they just gloss it over to blame everything on current staff. Not that the current staff is blame free, by a long shot.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 10:25 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes and I think a lot of people still don't really get that or they just gloss it over to blame everything on current staff. Not that the current staff is blame free, by a long shot.

I feel like this team has more talent than 1 win. That's coaching.

Now, this isn't a SB team obviously no matter who the coaches are.

But, 1 win?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 10:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like this team has more talent than 1 win. That's coaching.

Now, this isn't a SB team obviously no matter who the coaches are.

But, 1 win?

It will get better.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:24 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: It will get better.

People have been believing that all year long and it hasn't gotten better. The best game the team played was game 1.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 12:48 AM)BengalChris Wrote: People have been believing that all year long and it hasn't gotten better. The best game the team played was game 1.

That morale victory lingers and keeps ya warm n' fuzzy.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Tiger
They left 21 points on that field. Completely unacceptable...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote