Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon - Could he become a Top 3 back this year?
(03-29-2019, 12:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Missing games every year of his NFL career does.

I like Mixon as much as anyone here.  I think he could transform our offense, but I can't ignore that he has never played a full NFL season.

Bell has missed seasons and Mixon has missed four in two years . While being available for games is a plus its not the criteria that's the most important. Leading the AFC while only playing 14 games puts him on the threshold of great. I would take his production on a rookie deal over almost all other backs.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was just that one season with the weird shit going on that was bad, the year before he had a decent line there. Also had a good line at Texas A&M and likes bigger more directional, physical blockers. Not saying he is great, but Turner has had some success and he might be a good O-line coach for us if we add another decent RT to the roster.

I just really liked Pollack and understand where Mixon was coming from when he was mad about losing him.

He has played two seasons in the NFL, pretty small span.

Agreed, don't want to ride the Mixon train too hard, keep him fresh as much as we can.

Would like to see him more in the passing game though, cannot say this enough.

Exactly, Gio's best contribution is arguably his pass catching ability.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 09:45 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Bell has missed seasons and Mixon has missed four in two years . While being available for games is a plus its not the criteria that's the most important. Leading the AFC while only playing 14 games puts him on the threshold of great. I would take his production on a rookie deal over almost all other backs.

Yes sir.

(03-29-2019, 09:53 PM)Bryan Wrote: Exactly, Gio's best contribution is arguably his pass catching ability.

Gio sure is a great change it up back and i will be interested in seeing how Taylor and Callahan use both him and Mixon. GI-Joe could be an amazing tandem cause both of them are so versatile, always wondered why neither Zamp nor Lazor would never use them at the same time. Especially when injuries happened to our other weapons.

It would be an unpredictable Offense with both of these guys out there either in the backfield or with one lined up as a WR, both can catch and run routes. Defenses wouldn't know if we are running or passing. This is something i would like to see a few times a game atleast. I know we have a lot of other weapons but this isn't a bad thought to rest some of them and give Defenses other looks.
Reply/Quote
Have to bump a positive thread...
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2019, 03:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It was just that one season with the weird shit going on that was bad, the year before he had a decent line there. Also had a good line at Texas A&M and likes bigger more directional, physical blockers. Not saying he is great, but Turner has had some success and he might be a good O-line coach for us if we add another decent RT to the roster.

I just really liked Pollack and understand where Mixon was coming from when he was mad about losing him.
To be honest, I don't know much about Turner but I really hope he can fix the O-Line.
I was the same as you and I really liked Pollock. I was hoping out of all the coaches, he was going to stay along with Van Pelt.
Reply/Quote
Mixon definitely has the tools to be one of the best backs in the league. I'm assuming Taylor's offense will rely heavily on Mixon. If Taylor learned anything with the Rams he won't overwork Mixon like they did with Gurley. We have a good RB situation, I always thought Bernard was a very good complementary back and actually underutilized somewhat in the passing game. I know Walton has had some off the filed issues and some people myself included didn't like drafting him in the 4th round , however he was very talented in college. We have a solid backfield that should be able to keep Mixon fresh which I think is the key with him.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2019, 04:43 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: To be honest, I don't know much about Turner but I really hope he can fix the O-Line.
I was the same as you and I really liked Pollock. I was hoping out of all the coaches, he was going to stay along with Van Pelt.

Yes, atleast we kept Van Pelt. Maybe Pollack wouldn't run the type of blocking scheme that Taylor envisioned.

If so, it was the right move to get someone in here that would...

(04-01-2019, 11:54 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Mixon definitely has the tools to be one of the best backs in the league. I'm assuming Taylor's offense will rely heavily on Mixon. If Taylor learned anything with the Rams he won't overwork Mixon like they did with Gurley. We have a good RB situation, I always thought Bernard was a very good complementary back and actually underutilized somewhat in the passing game. I know Walton has had some off the filed issues and some people myself included didn't like drafting him in the 4th round , however he was very talented in college. We have a solid backfield that should be able to keep Mixon fresh which I think is the key with him.

Walton did look good at Miami but i wasn't impressed with him at all last year and he just had some off the field problem which for some damn reason i cannot remember what. Think it was domestic violence or something. I bet we draft another RB in the mid to late rounds to fight for a roster spot behind GI-Joe.
Reply/Quote