Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Signed
(06-02-2017, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know the jokes will be abundant if Mixon's ever sent on one of these routes...
[Image: hook_route.jpg]

We'll probably just punch him up the middle and hopefully knock the defense out.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 12:56 PM)pally Wrote: 4 years est 5.5 million per MIke Garafolo.

Nice to see him signed, I'd imagine him and Ross would be the two hardest to get done.  Although it is all slotted now.

WhoDey2
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So that's 10 of the 11

Is Malone the only one left? or is it Willis?
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 06:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: So that's 10 of the 11

Is Malone the only one left? or is it Willis?

Says Willis and Dielman.

http://nfltraderumors.co/list-unsigned-2017-nfl-draft-picks/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You know the jokes will be abundant if Mixon's ever sent on one of these routes...
[Image: hook_route.jpg]

Right hook! Very clever. Rep!

Reply/Quote
4 years, 5 million for a potential stud RB. I love the rookie wage scale.

Now that Mixon is under contract, I fully expect him to hit the girl ground running.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 01:43 PM)Synric Wrote: He's got one hell of a stiff arm...

All joking aside, he legitimately does.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 02:26 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds like a pretty fair deal for both parties.

My guess is Ms. Molitor got at least 25%.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
LOVE it........

Mixon's an absolute stud and will be a game-changer for us.

We've had some good backs in our history (Icky, Rudi, Corey, etc.), but I think he has the potential to be the best and most complete back because he can do it all in that he has a mixture of speed and power, breakaway ability, route running/receiving ability, patience, etc..

I actually think patience could be a weakness for him, though, because I don't think our line will be able to open massive holes or hold the holes they do open for very long, and Mixon seems like he likes to wait to make his move instead of just running downhill.

However, if we get him running fast and hard all the time, he's going to be A HELL OF A BACK!
Reply/Quote
I know certain fans may not like Mixon but he is a Bengal for the next four years and maybe longer. The kid is going to be getting hassled big time by opposing teams fans at away games until he retires...he don't need to be hassled by his own teams fans.

Let's give it a rest please.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:04 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Let's give it a rest please.

Yeah really, stop the punch lines.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:04 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know certain fans may not like Mixon but he is a Bengal for the next four years and maybe longer. The kid is going to be getting hassled big time by opposing teams fans at away games until he retires...he don't need to be hassled by his own teams fans.

Couldn't agree more. 

Reply/Quote
Meh, I did some dumb shit when I was that age, that I still get grief over 23 years later.  In my circle of friends, if you ain't gettin' ribbed over shit, someone is pissed off at you! LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 02:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, I agree.  He seems to have legitimately made amends, so let's see what happens. I read somewhere in a comments section that he had attended a concert with Pacman recently. I hope that is not true, that is NOT who he needs to be hanging with in Cincy.

https://youtu.be/Tl3euCXhpaQ

That is the ONE THING I didn't want Mixon to do: establish a friendship with Pacman motha******g Jones! That dude is a toxic waste. I pray to all that is holy Mixon doesn't hang out with Pacman for long. It's not a matter of "if" Pacman screws up again, but a matter of "when". And if Mixon is there when it all goes down...
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 02:04 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know certain fans may not like Mixon but he is a Bengal for the next four years and maybe longer. The kid is going to be getting hassled big time by opposing teams fans at away games until he retires...he don't need to be hassled by his own teams fans.

I honestly could care less if anyone hassles him, whether our own fans or elsewhere. 

But if it makes some of my fellow fans happy by not seeing him called names like slugger, I will try my best to refrain from calling him that in here to not upset anyone.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 06:03 AM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah really, stop the punch lines.

Zing
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 12:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: https://youtu.be/Tl3euCXhpaQ

That is the ONE THING I didn't want Mixon to do: establish a friendship with Pacman motha******g Jones! That dude is a toxic waste. I pray to all that is holy Mixon doesn't hang out with Pacman for long. It's not a matter of "if" Pacman screws up again, but a matter of "when". And if Mixon is there when it all goes down...

I hope that was fake news with slugger, err Mixon and Pacman hanging out together. That should be in his contract that under no circumstance he is to be near Pacman outside the stadium area unless its a charity event. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 12:18 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I hope that was fake news with slugger, err Mixon and Pacman hanging out together. That should be in his contract that under no circumstance he is to be near Pacman outside the stadium area unless its a charity event. 

It's Pacman's new rookie symposium campaign--The What Not To Do Indoctrination.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 09:40 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: All joking aside, he legitimately does.

He does, great stiff arm RB. Better than any other back in this class and the best vision of any of them.

(06-02-2017, 11:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: LOVE it........

Mixon's an absolute stud and will be a game-changer for us.

We've had some good backs in our history (Icky, Rudi, Corey, etc.), but I think he has the potential to be the best and most complete back because he can do it all in that he has a mixture of speed and power, breakaway ability, route running/receiving ability, patience, etc..

I actually think patience could be a weakness for him, though, because I don't think our line will be able to open massive holes or hold the holes they do open for very long, and Mixon seems like he likes to wait to make his move instead of just running downhill.

However, if we get him running fast and hard all the time, he's going to be A HELL OF A BACK!

Yeah Brad, i agree. We actually might be a better run blocking O-line this year with a healthy Boling and Andre instead of Zeitler.

Plus Fisher not moving around all over the damn place...
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 11:44 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Meh, I did some dumb shit when I was that age, that I still get grief over 23 years later.  In my circle of friends, if you ain't gettin' ribbed over shit, someone is pissed off at you! LOL

Myself as well. It's all part of growing up. This kid will be fine.

Reply/Quote