Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon Signed
(06-03-2017, 05:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Myself as well. It's all part of growing up. This kid will be fine.

When you see him in every other aspect of life you see a classy kid.

He must of been drunk that is all i know.

Doesn't seem like the same guy in that vid.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When you see him in every other aspect of life you see a classy kid.

It's all about "I'm holier than thou" syndrome. People who curse and point fingers at others have so many of their own closets full of skeletons. People suck. People make mistakes. This kid effed up and did his best to make it right. Sorry has no Effen weight in society anymore, well, until you have to say it yourself. Then you hope everyone else is not as big an ass as you are and actually forgives.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 05:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: When you see him in every other aspect of life you see a classy kid.

Mixon doesn't drink, smoke, or chew....or go with girls that do.
Reply/Quote
I am excited to see what Mixon can do on the field !!
Reply/Quote
Is there a 5th year option on the deal?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2017, 07:05 PM)OrangeLacroix Wrote: Is there a 5th year option on the deal?

Wait. Only 1st rounders have that option I think. Nevermid
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 01:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, this guy is the leading candidate for our ROY in my eyes this season. Ross will be a difference maker but he probably
won't get near the snaps Mixon will get. Mixon is already good in pass protection which is what keeps rookies from starting
immediately at RB. He is very versatile.

Excellent point about pass protection.  Hill was not strong in this area, nor was he a great route-runner,  and it greatly limited the Bengal's options when he was on the field.  Mixon is supposed to be the best receiving back coming out of the draft, next to Christian McCafferey.  

I think he will likely start the year splitting 50/50 with Hill (because they aren't going to waste Hill in a contract year) but he will end up with more as the season wears on and Gio works his way back in to the rotation.  

I am not rooting for Hill to fail.  In fact, I am hoping he has his best season ever and helps propel the team to the postseason.  I may not give this a big chance of happening, but if he plays great and leaves in FA, he becomes a solid compensatory pick.  
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 07:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 4 years, 5 million for a potential stud RB. I love the rookie wage scale.

Now that Mixon is under contract, I fully expect him to hit the girl ground running.

I love the rookie wage scale, too.  It keeps teams from getting *****-slapped by agents...Oops.  Yours was way funnier...
Reply/Quote
Strictly speaking NFL career wuse, the year suspension from Oklahoma Sooner football save Mix on a year of wear and tear on his body. Considering the short shelf life of NFL running backs, that's a positive for the Bengals AND Mix on.
Reply/Quote
Strictly speaking NFL career wise, the year suspension from Oklahoma Sooner football save Mix on a year of wear and tear on his body. Considering the short shelf life of NFL running backs, that's a positive for the Bengals AND Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2017, 02:11 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Strictly speaking NFL career wise, the year suspension from Oklahoma Sooner football save Mix on a year of wear and tear on his body. Considering the short shelf life of NFL running backs, that's a positive for the Bengals AND Mixon.
That, plus he shared the backfield with a stud like Perine at OU goes a long way with fresh legs.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2017, 05:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: It's all about "I'm holier than thou" syndrome. People who curse and point fingers at others have so many of their own closets full of skeletons. People suck. People make mistakes. This kid effed up and did his best to make it right. Sorry has no Effen weight in society anymore, well, until you have to say it yourself. Then you hope everyone else is not as big an ass as you are and actually forgives.

Yeah, it has been forgotten by me now...

(06-05-2017, 09:11 AM)5thWave Wrote: Mixon doesn't drink, smoke, or chew....or go with girls that do.

Good and stay away from Adam Jones.

(06-06-2017, 06:18 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Excellent point about pass protection.  Hill was not strong in this area, nor was he a great route-runner,  and it greatly limited the Bengal's options when he was on the field.  Mixon is supposed to be the best receiving back coming out of the draft, next to Christian McCafferey.  

I think he will likely start the year splitting 50/50 with Hill (because they aren't going to waste Hill in a contract year) but he will end up with more as the season wears on and Gio works his way back in to the rotation.  

I am not rooting for Hill to fail.  In fact, I am hoping he has his best season ever and helps propel the team to the postseason.  I may not give this a big chance of happening, but if he plays great and leaves in FA, he becomes a solid compensatory pick.  

Agreed, seems pretty likely actually if the O-line can run block decent this year which i predict they will be better than last year.

(06-08-2017, 02:11 AM)John Shaft Wrote: Strictly speaking NFL career wise, the year suspension from Oklahoma Sooner football save Mix on a year of wear and tear on his body. Considering the short shelf life of NFL running backs, that's a positive for the Bengals AND Mixon.

(06-08-2017, 10:44 AM)5thWave Wrote: That, plus he shared the backfield with a stud like Perine at OU goes a long way with fresh legs.

Both great points. Lot less wear and tear on Mixon than the other backs.
Reply/Quote