Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon and Perine
(10-18-2022, 05:46 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Mixon is recovering from an ankle injury for the 1000th time....

.....and probably wrist too since he can't block QBs.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 05:55 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Evans seems like he could make a long run if he breaks away.

He's the bench guy.  I know. 

Yet we need a RB that can do that every once in a while.

If Mixon breaks any, he appears to leave extra yards on the field/TDs.

For sure, Mixon is not a finisher at all as TLL has pointed out for years. But that isn't my main problem with him.

His effort in blitz pickup is. Evans was said to be a good blitz pickup RB at Michigan. Wouldn't hurt to give him some snaps
and could even be an explosive addition to the Offense cause as you say, he has that break away speed the other backs do 
not. He is also a very good Receiver and seems to have good vision as he is a Returner.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 05:26 PM)TCUBengal34 Wrote: Perine is just a guy. I like him. Does a lot of things well. Good blocker, good receiver, and can get tough yards. But he's not a RB1 in the NFL.

Mixon is a stud.

Yeah I felt like an idiot, just a few weeks ago I was saying Mixon was past his expiration date. I mean, average shelf life for a running back in the NFL is what, 4 years? 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2022, 01:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: For sure, Mixon is not a finisher at all as TLL has pointed out for years. But that isn't my main problem with him.

His effort in blitz pickup is. Evans was said to be a good blitz pickup RB at Michigan. Wouldn't hurt to give him some snaps
and could even be an explosive addition to the Offense cause as you say, he has that break away speed the other backs do 
not. He is also a very good Receiver and seems to have good vision as he is a Returner.

I agree about this, but Mixon not being a threat as a break-away RB is huge to me.

He should've been coached up is my opinion.  His balance issues(even running in a straight line)are very concerning and leaves yards on the field.

As far as his ankle injury excuses...  why was he almost leading the league in carries if he's so dinged up?

Shouldn't that mean his work load would be spread to others?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2022, 06:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Pete was a load and trucked many of defenders.

...and yet when we needed 2 yards the most....
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 10:41 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I agree about this, but Mixon not being a threat as a break-away RB is huge to me.

He should've been coached up is my opinion.  His balance issues(even running in a straight line)are very concerning and leaves yards on the field.

As far as his ankle injury excuses...  why was he almost leading the league in carries if he's so dinged up?

Shouldn't that mean his work load would be spread to others?!?

All great points about Mixon. Exactly why I am perplexed by the coaches pretty much just fixated on primarily using just 
him as the Bell cow back and not giving Evans ANY snaps as a change of pace seems pretty dumb to me. The Offense is 
still predictable because of these things, what is nice is the TE predictability with Hurst has went away as of late.

Hope the same thing happens with the RB situation and we see more of Perine and at least SOME of Chris Evans.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 03:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All great points about Mixon. Exactly why I am perplexed by the coaches pretty much just fixated on primarily using just 
him as the Bell cow back and not giving Evans ANY snaps as a change of pace seems pretty dumb to me. The Offense is 
still predictable because of these things, what is nice is the TE predictability with Hurst has went away as of late.

Hope the same thing happens with the RB situation and we see more of Perine and at least SOME of Chris Evans.

Yep.

Also, I honestly don't know why(even in the past)they don't have some fake checkdown passes to the RBs.

A delayed route that stops, as if a short checkdown route, and then the RB gets further down field.

Could also draw some PI flags if the LB freezes and readjusts for coverage.

I did not like the corner fade pass in the endzone to Mixon(which he dropped)that any of our WRs would have easily come down with.

It wasn't a bad design.  I'd just prefer better hands in that situation.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 10:49 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: lol 252 is what they have him at Wink

Compare Johnson to most any other RB or LB of that era and he was a big old dude.. Players didn't train year around back then like they do now. Heck, you see 22 year old kids coming up from colleges now who look like they've been working out every single day since they were born.. Sports science has come a long way since then..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2022, 04:08 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yep.

Also, I honestly don't know why(even in the past)they don't have some fake checkdown passes to the RBs.

A delayed route that stops, as if a short checkdown route, and then the RB gets further down field.

Could also draw some PI flags if the LB freezes and readjusts for coverage.

I did not like the corner fade pass in the endzone to Mixon(which he dropped)that any of our WRs would have easily come down with.

It wasn't a bad design.  I'd just prefer better hands in that situation.

Or the middle TE screen. Hope they are saving these types of plays so at the very least they are in the playbook.

But yeah, I liked the play design on the Mixon fade, just the wrong player for it. Heck, even Evans would be more natural
there. Was a perfectly thrown ball by Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I expect a good game from Mixon today.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:30 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: I expect  a good game from Mixon today.

He'll have one or two this season.
Reply/Quote
After the last 2 weeks, anyone else rather have Perine as well?
He runs mean and hard.
Heck, a Perine-Williams duo would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: After the last 2 weeks, anyone else rather have Perine as well?
He runs mean and hard.

Give me more of Samaje and Trayveon. Still like Mixon but in a Running Back By Committee role.

Love how all these guys are running right now but we need pass protection from the RB more than anything.

The OL is doing it's job opening holes for these guys. Just give the Backs that earn it the most snaps.

Great run from Trayveon on the edge and he has looked good 2 games in a row. Same with Samaje.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 08:49 PM)Whacked Wrote: After the last 2 weeks, anyone else rather have Perine as well?
He runs mean and hard.

Nah, The last 2 weeks Perine has found the End Zone on the regular, but his running hasn't been too good. 

Let's not forget Mixon's last game was a record-breaker. 

When many folks around here hated on Perine I said we were lucky to have him as our #2, but Mixon is our #1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, The last 2 weeks Perine has found the End Zone on the regular, but his running hasn't been too good. 

Let's not forget Mixon's last game was a record-breaker. 

When many folks around here hated on Perine I said we were lucky to have him as our #2, but Mixon is our #1

As long as Mixon blocks well in pass protection I honestly do not care. That is my only problem with his game this season.

Just want Mixon to keep hitting holes like he did against the Panthers when his number is called.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2022, 11:40 AM)Housh Wrote:
I don’t really think Mixon is elite
but he’s in the tier right under elite. No one runs harder than Mixon so i don’t see laziness at all. I think the run scheme was just bad. Mixon is still a guy that’s hard to get for a negative play. He didn’t all of a sudden forget how to find holes. I think the scheme was horrible and Zac was just running too many times a game. When you have one of the leagues worse YPC you shouldn’t then Also be leading the league in rush attempts. We were running so much and so blatantly that teams would literally sit 9 in the box at times

It’s ok to have poor run pass balance when you have 3 elite WRs, a gelling offensive line,  a great TE and Joe Burrow.

I’d venture to bet Mixon finishes the year strong.

Perine is a great backup RB imo. Iv got a running joke in the game threads where i say his Oklahoma tape was amazing. He’s definitely got power and skill too.

I saw a stat I did not know. Austin Ekelar is #2 RB to get into the endzone since 2021. MIXON is #1.

Perrine has impressed me, but no need to chit on Joe who was very good prior to his concussion
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2022, 09:08 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Give me more of Samaje and Trayveon. Still like Mixon but in a Running Back By Committee role.

Love how all these guys are running right now but we need pass protection from the RB more than anything.

The OL is doing it's job opening holes for these guys. Just give the Backs that earn it the most snaps.

Great run from Trayveon on the edge and he has looked good 2 games in a row. Same with Samaje.

I like both Sammy and Trayveon a lot!!! Good things happen when they touch the ball.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote