Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon calls out the lack of effort.
(11-30-2018, 12:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, I guess we will see how much Mixon calling out the team helps things.  If the team still looks craptastic and lazy and dead then I guess they respect Mixon as much as they respect Marvin?  Who knows.  I'm not important and I'm not a football player, but I do know what it's like to work for a crap organization with massive turnover and management issues and see new people show up all bright-eyed and full of the company "come on guys...get positive and we can do this."  

The cynic in me thinks Mixon may be a little too volatile to stick with the Bengals long-term if he can't accept the way it is.  Look at this message board, we have a threads praising Mixon for being pissed and unhappy and we have threads praising AJ Green for saying that he's going to be here for life win, or lose.  We're just grasping at things to be positive about right now, but I'd support a full fledged walkout if/when Marvin and/or Hue sticks around as HC for the next X number of years.

Side note, which players complained to the media last year about Mixon and his whizzbang 3.5 average?

No one, because everyone knew who was to blame for that. Im glad that people come out and say these things. Who cares if it pisses the other teammates off? Im sure everyone who buys tickets to the shit shows we call home Bengals games at least appreciate the fact that someone cares.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 06:17 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: No one, because everyone knew who was to blame for that. Im glad that people come out and say these things. Who cares if it pisses the other teammates off? Im sure everyone who buys tickets to the shit shows we call home Bengals games at least appreciate the fact that someone cares.

Maybe the other players have reasons its someone else's fault too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hated the Mixon pick when it happened. Punching a girl in the face is totally sick and is more important than football. He seems to be showing a lot of maturity now though and hopefully he just made a horrible decision that he has learned to grow from. I’d love to see this kid continue to grow, Lord Knows he has the talent!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 11:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Love it.

Big difference between him and Billy Price. Billy Price calls out the fans and puts it on them. Mixon calls out the team and the lack of effort.

Price called out the fans?  Did one of them make him snap the ball three feet over the QB's head?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  The teams that win it all have the best players and coaches.

We have no idea who wants it the most.

This is not true at all.  Will means a lot.  Everything, in fact.  Lesser players and coaches do beat better coaches and players.  Happens all the time.  If not, there'd be no such thing as upsets.  Ask the Saints.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 08:46 PM)McC Wrote: This is not true at all.  Will means a lot.  Everything, in fact.  Lesser players and coaches do beat better coaches and players.  Happens all the time.  If not, there'd be no such thing as upsets.  Ask the Saints.

We were talking about "Winning it all" and I will be you anything the Cowboys don't win it all this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We were talking about "Winning it all" and I will be you anything the Cowboys don't win it all this year.

IDK, ever since they got rid of that poor excuse for an Oline coach; they've been on fire. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We were talking about "Winning it all" and I will be you anything the Cowboys don't win it all this year.

He about the Giants twice taking down the better Patriots in the SB?

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 01:17 PM)Whatever Wrote: This guy calls guys out in the media all the time...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/28/ben-roethlisberger-calling-people-out-is-part-of-being-a-captain/

As much as I like Peko and Whit, what did their brand of leadership win for us?  

The reality is, different personality types respond to different leadership styles and different types of motivation.  As much as Ray Lewis is lauded for being a fiery leader, he has teammates that have said they didn't understand WTF he was saying half the time and his speeches were just gibberish.  Some guys respond to the quiet, lead by example types.  Other guys need to be put on blast publicly and essentially shamed into improving.  

Another byproduct of this is that while locker room call outs can easily be swept under the rug by Marvin, this kind of public statement is definitely going to be heard Mike Brown, and is going to get him wondering why the effort is so poor.

Yeah 'cause all they could think of was...

[Image: stabbin-GIF-04252017.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 09:25 PM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK, ever since they got rid of that poor excuse for an Oline coach; they've been on fire. 

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: DecisiveScentedGrison-size_restricted.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'd like this quote more if he called out who he is talking about. It's not some scrub because scrubs don't provide help anyway. He's talking about "stars" and yet we have so few of those, (really, do we only have 3 or 4? Mixon, AJ, Burfict, Geno). It wasn't AJ cuz he's hurt, it wasn't Mixon unless he's talking about himself. You pay some NFL players the dime they won't give you the effort anymore.

I expect some game we're going to randomly dominate in all levels once this season, and M. Brown will keep his "fans" that were on the edge.

Mixon is angry about wasted talent.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2018, 08:08 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I hated the Mixon pick when it happened. Punching a girl in the face is totally sick and is more important than football. He seems to be showing a lot of maturity now though and hopefully he just made a horrible decision that he has learned to grow from. I’d love to see this kid continue to grow, Lord Knows he has the talent!

Not directed at you, but the I think people need to cut him a little slack on that. I'm not defending what he did or saying it was okay, but that woman certainly provoked him. She called him the n-word, spit on him, pushed him, and attempted to choke him before he hit her. I agree he should've walked away and let it go, but this is much different than what we've seen from other abusers in the League. He wasn't getting in trouble before and hasn't been in trouble since. I don't believe it was indicative of him or his character. Unlike a lot of other players, he has shown remorse and apologized for his actions. Again, while I do not condone what he did it's funny that no one calls out the woman for how she treated him.
Reply/Quote
Mixon has a reason to be pissed. The guy has a ton of talent and it's being wasted. There's no reason, especially now with Andy out, that he is not the focal point of the offense. I know the OLine sucks and I know we're constantly playing from behind. There's no reason he isn't getting 20-25 carries a game.
Reply/Quote
I realize this is buried under the mountain of other what-is-wrongs's, but wtf has happened to Huber?

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Not directed at you, but the I think people need to cut him a little slack on that. I'm not defending what he did or saying it was okay, but that woman certainly provoked him. She called him the n-word, spit on him, pushed him, and attempted to choke him before he hit her. I agree he should've walked away and let it go, but this is much different than what we've seen from other abusers in the League. He wasn't getting in trouble before and hasn't been in trouble since. I don't believe it was indicative of him or his character. Unlike a lot of other players, he has shown remorse and apologized for his actions. Again, while I do not condone what he did it's funny that no one calls out the woman for how she treated him.

Actions always speak louder than words. It looks like he has learned a hard lesson. People can redeem themselves and I hope that’s what we’re seeing with him. I’m sure that there have been women that every guy on here has felt like knocking out, there has to be that composure to let it go though.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:28 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Actions always speak louder than words. It looks like he has learned a hard lesson. People can redeem themselves and I hope that’s what we’re seeing with him. I’m sure that there have been women that every guy on here has felt like knocking out, there has to be that composure to let it go though.

Agreed. Again, I wasn't directly speaking to you, you mentioned it so I used that for my spiel. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:10 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Not directed at you, but the I think people need to cut him a little slack on that. I'm not defending what he did or saying it was okay, but that woman certainly provoked him. She called him the n-word, spit on him, pushed him, and attempted to choke him before he hit her. I agree he should've walked away and let it go, but this is much different than what we've seen from other abusers in the League. He wasn't getting in trouble before and hasn't been in trouble since. I don't believe it was indicative of him or his character. Unlike a lot of other players, he has shown remorse and apologized for his actions. Again, while I do not condone what he did it's funny that no one calls out the woman for how she treated him.

I think he started the incident
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:44 PM)N_B Wrote: I think he started the incident

He may have very well mouthed off, but I don't think his intention was to hit her. Some of these other videos and stories that come out it is clear that the players had intent.
Reply/Quote
How long until this kids spirit is broken?

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 07:53 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: How long until this kids spirit is broken?

That's a tough call. Mike Brown does it to everyone. Some are able to take it longer than others.
Reply/Quote