Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mixon leads team in sacks...
He could not be anymore awful in pass blocking. Also, Saints without starting QB, WR1, WR2, WR3, DE, CB1 played with a lot of guts. A very good team would have won comfortably.

Reply/Quote
I think it’s a bit harsh for this to be the thread after the game he had

Yeah his pass blocking is doo doo but he ran well and caught well
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Mixon was bad last season also at picking up rushers. Perine last year was terrible at it but worked on it and is better this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I can recall at least 2 pass blocking whiffs by Mixon today.
Reply/Quote
So Dalton had all the receivers he’s got chemistry with on the field against a stuttering offence and don’t get the job done cry me a river.

We deserved that today kept them out of the end zone again and the offence finally started to show flashes.

Just enjoy the win.
Reply/Quote
If you lool back at old posts, a lot of the people complaining about Mixon's pass blocking are the same one's who wanted Gio traded.
Reply/Quote
Been a Mixon fan for years, but he need Myeyedr because it seems like his vision is porta potty leakage. What's Gio up to these days? (Yes, I know I can google ).
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you lool back at old posts, a lot of the people complaining about Mixon's pass blocking are the same one's who wanted Gio traded.

Not me, I noted when he left that losing Gio was a problem. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:34 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not me, I noted when he left that losing Gio was a problem. 

Yep, no saying anyone in particular, but they know who they are....  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Come in people.

Do really need shit like this?

Team won today and Mixon has been big part of this teams success. Not every player is going to be elite in every phase. Good thing we're not paying Mixon to play OL.

Let it go.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If you lool back at old posts, a lot of the people complaining about Mixon's pass blocking are the same one's who wanted Gio traded.

Gio <3
Reply/Quote
My problem isn't with Mixon, per se.

It is the fact that the team tries to justify his contract by making him a 3 down guy when he clearly is not suited for it. And the team suffers for it.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My problem isn't with Mixon, per se.

It is the fact that the team tries to justify his contract by making him a 3 down guy when he clearly is not suited for it. And the team suffers for it.

It all comes back to the contract.... we can get the same production perhaps better blocking for cheap.

No one would be complaining if Mixon was still on his rookie deal.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:30 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: So Dalton had all the receivers he’s got chemistry with on the field against a stuttering offence and don’t get the job done cry me a river.

We deserved that today kept them out of the end zone again and the offence finally started to show flashes.

Just enjoy the win.

I think this is one of the most unenjoyable wins we have had.  How is it we celebrate offensive flashes while a team with with practice players at skill positions, no starting WR's and their backup QB goes for 400 against our Top 7 defense?  I walk away with a ton of respect for the Saints vs our Top ranked defense, Elite QB, Top RB, and #1 WR core....

I am thankful for every win and wouldnt be as pissy if this was a fluke game and our outstanding players were playing at a high level other games, but the truth is we are not on the same tier as the Bills & Chiefs at this point in time, hopefully we keep getting better.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:16 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: My problem isn't with Mixon, per se.

(10-16-2022, 06:19 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It all comes back to the contract.... we can get the same production perhaps better blocking for cheap.

No one would be complaining if Mixon was still on his rookie deal.

$25M cap hit the next 2 seasons.... They have zero confidence in Evans, and Perine is what he is. Tough spot without a great draft pick or free agent.

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 06:29 PM)casear2727 Wrote: They have zero confidence in Evans, and Perine is what he is.  Tough spot without a great draft pick or free agent.

Zero confidence or does Zac Taylor lean on his Vets..... I have a feeling he's the type of coach who doesn't want to rock the boat.

Where the Bengals pick in the draft hopefully this year they could take a shot at the most talented RB on the board. Although lots of debate on what that pick should be.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:43 PM)motoarch Wrote: Come in people.

Do really need shit like this?

Team won today and Mixon has been big part of this teams success. Not every player is going to be elite in every phase. Good thing we're not paying Mixon to play OL.

Let it go.

Does Mixon read these forums? Are you his pr agent?

People can say whatever they want.

Mixon has stunk it up until the last 2 weeks, and his pass blocking has always been very bad.

Bengals winning doesn’t mean you ignore bad play from certain players
Reply/Quote
I think one of those he was releasing for a checkdown/ screen...
Reply/Quote
We can't be the only ones that see this, so why don't the coaches make it a priority to work on his pass blocking/blitz pick-up with Mixon?

I'm sure everyone saw it but he barely made contact with a guy blitzing up the middle and I think the guy ended up getting a sack or at least forced an early throw and, by barely making contact, he barely hit him with his shoulder pad!

With how bad our line is (they played better today), we need a back that can pass block!

They better raise hell in films and then work with him in practice!
Reply/Quote
Any former running backs on the board?

I feel like being a good pass blocker as a RB is all effort.

I hate to say I’m insinuating Mixon doesn’t care about run blocking because his actions say the opposite. But no way he cares THAT much because he’s so bad at it. And he’s bad as a big running back.
-Housh
Reply/Quote