Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Mixon leads team in sacks...
(10-17-2022, 03:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dennis Allen is a brilliant defensive mind top 5 in entire league. The Saints started milking the clock heavy from the halfway point of the 2nd quarter until the end of the game. Saints made the best of a lousy hand IMO.

he barely ran cover 2. Any DC with a brain runs cover 2 against cincy
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He could not be anymore awful in pass blocking.   Also, Saints without starting QB, WR1, WR2, WR3, DE, CB1 played with a lot of guts. A very good team would have won comfortably.

That shit doesn't fly, cat. It's the NFL and you play who you got. It's not college where you're drop off is a true freshman that hasn't even developed physically yet and having zero experience.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 03:42 PM)higgy100 Wrote: That shit doesn't fly, cat. It's the NFL and you play who you got. It's not college where you're drop off is a true freshman that hasn't even developed physically yet and having zero experience.

WTF are you even saying?  We lost a game because we couldnt' replace the longsnapper, take a reality check.  If we lost QB1 we are really bad, we lose QB1 and WR1 we are trash - forget losing Higgins AND Boyd as well.

A very good team would have punished the Saints, they are definitely better than us in some categories - coaching, QB2, WR4, 5, 6.

I love the win, but if we are going to be upper tier we need to handle teams that are lacking most of their skilled positions, not squeeze by on a last minute 60 yard TD...

Reply/Quote
Mixon definitely got Burrow blown up yesterday on the half assed effort.

But he ran the ball much better finally, hopefully he is coming around one phase at a time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Mixon definitely got Burrow blown up yesterday on the half assed effort.

But he ran the ball much better finally, hopefully he is coming around one phase at a time.

Switching from wide zone to inside gap running scheme is very beneficial to Mixon.  If the line is not athletic enough to make the necessary blocks on the wide zone Mixon wont find holes and looks worse than he really is, although he did look bad a few times.
This inside gap allows him to run straight ahead* and hit the hole instead of looking for one.

Full disclosure the RB actually has 2 options with the inside gap if the hole is closed - bounce outside or cutback - but it is much quicker than the wide zone process.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 08:17 PM)casear2727 Wrote: WTF are you even saying?  We lost a game because we couldnt' replace the longsnapper, take a reality check.  If we lost QB1 we are really bad, we lose QB1 and WR1 we are trash - forget losing Higgins AND Boyd as well.

A very good team would have punished the Saints, they are definitely better than us in some categories - coaching, QB2, WR4, 5, 6.

I love the win, but if we are going to be upper tier we need to handle teams that are lacking most of their skilled positions, not squeeze by on a last minute 60 yard TD...

You obviously don't love the win according to your earlier post. You are talking about something completely different now when it comes to the Bengals losing players. 

I am not happy with the Bangles backup quarterback and I'm not happy with receivers four through six but this is a totally different subject than what I'm responding to.

The NFL is a flavor of the week club. You take wins any way you can in this league and especially on the road. Go ask Tampa Bay and the 49ers how they're feeling today. While you're at it go ask Green Bay how they're feeling after home loss. 

Every team in this league has issues that they're trying to work out and the two teams that are a top of the NFL in the Eagles and the Giants with two quarterbacks that people said had no chance would be two of the last teams you would ever expect to be in this situation.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2022, 05:26 PM)casear2727 Wrote: He could not be anymore awful in pass blocking.   Also, Saints without starting QB, WR1, WR2, WR3, DE, CB1 played with a lot of guts. A very good team would have won comfortably.

I would start Perine from here on out and Dax Hill over Bates after watching this last game...

I know, rough considering Mixon ran well and Dax Hill is a rookie, but we need to have some blitz pickup from the RB 
and a Safety out there that is not just playing to not get injured. Extreme thought, but it is what I would do. Pathetic 
effort from Mixon in pass protection and from Bates overall against the Saints IMO.

Edit: This is extreme but it would make a statement to both of these players honestly. This lack of effort is inexcusable.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2022, 10:03 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You obviously don't love the win according to your earlier post. You are talking about something completely different now when it comes to the Bengals losing players. 

I am not happy with the Bangles backup quarterback and I'm not happy with receivers four through six but this is a totally different subject than what I'm responding to.

The NFL is a flavor of the week club. You take wins any way you can in this league and especially on the road. Go ask Tampa Bay and the 49ers how they're feeling today. While you're at it go ask Green Bay how they're feeling after home loss. 

Every team in this league has issues that they're trying to work out and the two teams that are a top of the NFL in the Eagles and the Giants with two quarterbacks that people said had no chance would be two of the last teams you would ever expect to be in this situation.

Like I said, I love the win.  We have yet to show any dominance like we should have, especially over a very very depleted opponent.  There is nothing wrong with that statement - and yes everyone is paid in the NFL but they do not have the same talent. They are not all the same.

I would like to see us to play close to the level many of us think we are capable.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Like I said, I love the win.  We have yet to show any dominance like we should have, especially over a very very depleted opponent.  There is nothing wrong with that statement - and yes everyone is paid in the NFL but they do not have the same talent. They are not all the same.

I would like to see us to play close to the level many of us think we are capable.

I'm with you there.

These damn slow starts are hurting for sure. I'm not a stat geek that knows where to look all this stuff up. But I'd venture to say we're at or very near the bottom of the NFL on 1st qtr. scoring. And probably pretty low in 1st half scoring for that matter.

Always playing catch up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2022, 03:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Like I said, I love the win.  We have yet to show any dominance like we should have, especially over a very very depleted opponent.  There is nothing wrong with that statement - and yes everyone is paid in the NFL but they do not have the same talent. They are not all the same.

No doubt Casear. We aren't even close to playing at the level we should be...

It is more than okay to point out where we could really improve.

(10-18-2022, 08:47 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm with you there.

These damn slow starts are hurting for sure. I'm not a stat geek that knows where to look all this stuff up. But I'd venture to say we're at or very near the bottom of the NFL on 1st qtr. scoring. And probably pretty low in 1st half scoring for that matter.

Always playing catch up.

For sure, probably the lowest scoring first half team and the best second half team in the league from what I have been 
seeing. Our Offense needs to start faster but man I do love this Defense in the 2nd half, still haven't allowed a TD. We will
see if this holds with the Falcons, they seem like a 2nd half Offense like us.
Reply/Quote