Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon provides some bulletin board material for the Bills.
I think Mixon should have waited until next Tuesday to run his mouth. Especially since he's far from being a "big dog" RB in the AFC at 4.0 YPC (28th in the NFL and 13th in the AFC).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35353953/big-dog-afc
Reply/Quote
We did win the AFC last year, beat KC 3 times in the last year. We should be looked at as the “big dogs”.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 07:49 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: We did win the AFC last year, beat KC 3 times in the last year. We should be looked at as the “big dogs”.

I don't disagree with assessment, just the delivery. As a wise old Bengal coach used to say,"'Act like you've been there before." Settle the game on the field, not the media. That's our job in Jungle Noise Hilarious

Would hate to see the Bills players barking after big plays.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 07:57 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Exactly. I love the confidence. 

If you read the article, it's not just like he was running his mouth just to run his mouth. His interview actually has substance.

Quote:"We know what our end goal is and in order to get to that end goal we got to get through Buffalo," Mixon said. "We got to keep one week at a time and everything else take care of itself."

Quote:"The best thing about is they're going to have to play us honest," Mixon said. "If you want to cheat, whatever you want to do, we're going to make you pay, whichever way you want to do it. That's on you, however y'all want to play it.
He's just saying "pick the way you want us to beat you"!

Quote:"But at the same time, we're going to play our game and we're not going to let nobody dictate what we wanna do. That's just what it's going to be."

His head's in the game and he knows how good our team is!

LOVE YOU MIXON!
Reply/Quote
At least it is not Apple.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 08:00 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I don't disagree with assessment, just the delivery. As a wise old Bengal coach used to say,"'Act like you've been there before." Settle the game on the field, not the media. That's our job in Jungle Noise Hilarious

Would hate to see the Bills players barking after big plays.

Nope, I disagree. 

Here is a team that made noise "MID SEASON", after their only loss of the season.
Everyone and I mean everyone knew they were an iconic team that was going to win the Superbowl that year we just did not know if they were going to go undefeated and their head coach by the way was Mike Ditka.  Whatever 

They were not there before and they settled themselves on the field AND through the media as they talked[and backed up] their trash talking. 

Reply/Quote
I agree. This is what I liked about guys like Tim Duncan and AJ Green. I just prefer players be quiet and not provide any extra motivation for our opponents. That said I hope he’s right and everyone goes out and proves we’re the big dogs and not fall on our faces.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 08:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I agree. This is what I liked about guys like Tim Duncan and AJ Green. I just prefer players be quiet and not provide any extra motivation for our opponents. That said I hope he’s right and everyone goes out and proves we’re the big dogs and not fall on our faces.

Guys like Duncan and Robinson is why I became a Spurs' fan back in the day. Professional, quiet assassins.  Keep your mouth shut and go out and destroy your opponents' will to live.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Do you yell at kids to stay off your lawn?
Reply/Quote
Big cats would be a more appropriate term.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 07:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I think Mixon should have waited until next Tuesday to run his mouth. Especially since he's far from being a "big dog" RB in the AFC at 4.0 YPC (28th in the NFL and 13th in the AFC).

Agreed. I like the confidence, but keep it to yourself. If you have to say it, say it AFTER the game if you win. 
Reply/Quote
It might fire the Bills up against him. But I applaud the mindset.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Given everything that's on the line in this game, both teams should already have all the motivation they need. 
Reply/Quote
Quote:"The Bills, what better team would you be able to go up and put your best against?" Mixon said. "It's a great opportunity for us, but at the same time I know our guys, we [are] ready."

Yeah Mix should really tone down the bulletin board material
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Let’s go! Play Hard.Keep your mouth shut.And go out there and play like the Bills said something negative about your Momma.
Reply/Quote
Talk your shit Mixon! Love the swagger of this team. This all goes back to Burrow saying **** that "why not us" saying.. Burrows confidence has infected everyone else.. I for one love it.. You would never see this shit on the Bengal teams of old...
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 07:13 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: I think Mixon should have waited until next Tuesday to run his mouth. Especially since he's far from being a "big dog" RB in the AFC at 4.0 YPC (28th in the NFL and 13th in the AFC).

I like the confidence however some of his material is just wrong. He shouldn't say everything goes through the Bengals. Right now they don't have the #1 seed and they won't even have the 1 seed with a win as long as KC keeps winning (which they will. Either way love the mojo but he better back it up with some hard ####### running on Monday with that talk, as others have said especially when he isn't having a stellar year.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 08:36 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I agree. This is what I liked about guys like Tim Duncan and AJ Green. I just prefer players be quiet and not provide any extra motivation for our opponents. That said I hope he’s right and everyone goes out and proves we’re the big dogs and not fall on our faces.

[Image: youre-boring]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 08:58 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Guys like Duncan and Robinson is why I became a Spurs' fan back in the day. Professional, quiet assassins.  Keep your mouth shut and go out and destroy your opponents' will to live.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Cool
Reply/Quote