Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mixon provides some bulletin board material for the Bills.
mixon an boyds words could make the bills even more angry. they sholda just kept quite and not give the bills more fuel to there fire. i gotta a feeling they are going be big hits coming from the bills an we dont need that/
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't really care that Mixon is running his mouth, because we are AFC champs until further notice and we should beat the Bills at home.

With that being said, he's not Michael Jordan or Larry Bird, and he's not even the Jordan or Bird of this team. It's all good, Burrow can bail out any big mouths this team has. Mixon can guarantee a SB win this year, for all I care.

He's the Dennis Johnson and BJ Armstrong of this team...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 07:53 PM)TheFan Wrote: You realize they're still humans, mostly in their 20s don't you? It's wild how many people fail to grasp simple human psychology. 

I grasp human psychology plenty well. I also grasp professional character. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah Mix should really tone down the bulletin board material

I'm generally the same but this really isn't that bad.  He'd not disrespecting Buffalo rather just stating the facts that they are the current AFC Champs and it does come through them.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If this bulletin board stuff is so effective, just show some of Josh Allen's pre-NFL tweets with the n-bomb in them to our d-line.
Reply/Quote
This is a big game. Both teams know it. I doubt if what Mixon said makes them play harder.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:12 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe Mixon is no Michael Jordan or Larry Bird . Jordan and Bird took no prisoners with their words, but they always backed up every evil word with evil deeds.  Miixon, for the most part, is but  a dancer and prancer. Let's see the deeds on Mon. , Joe.

What are they teaching in school today??? Do they teach Reading Comprehension???

"You" mention Duncan and Robinson with their boring style Yawn and how you became a fan of the Spurs and I counter you and display images of Jordan and Bird and their swag[and talking trash/bulletin board material] now you want to say ridiculously "Joe Mixon is no Michael Jordan or Larry Bird ".  Mellow

Let me type this very slowly,  at what point  am I comparing Mixon with Jordan or Bird????
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't really care that Mixon is running his mouth, because we are AFC champs until further notice and we should beat the Bills at home.

With that being said, he's not Michael Jordan or Larry Bird, and he's not even the Jordan or Bird of this team.  It's all good, Burrow can bail out any big mouths this team has.  Mixon can guarantee a SB win this year, for all I care.

Who ridiculously said Mixon is Jordan or Bird????

This is what happens when people don't slowly read responses.  Smirk

It is fair enough when a person ridiculously brings up Duncan/Robinson/Spurs Yawn  and how they are quiet and compare them with Jordan/Bird trash talkers. 

Do you understand? Hmm 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:24 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Who ridiculously said Mixon is Jordan or Bird????

This is what happens when people don't slowly read responses.  Smirk

It is fair enough when a person ridiculously brings up Duncan/Robinson/Spurs Yawn  and how they are quiet and compare them with Jordan/Bird trash talkers. 

Do you understand? Hmm 

I don't know....who even brought up the legendary trash talking of Jordan and Bird in a thread about a guy who may not even be the best RB on his own team running his mouth?
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals players are feeling more than a little disrespected. Doesn't excuse not just showing how good they are on the field, versus speaking about how good they are, but they were in the Super Bowl last year and still looked down upon. 6th in the power ratings behind the Chiefs and Buffalo, and not one player even mentioned by one sportscaster for his pro-bowl selection (although he does recognize Burrow could change the equation in the Monday Night game).

Here is his nominations for the Pro bowl, which has three Chiefs and three Eagles and even Browns and Steelers players, but not a single Bengals.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35361213/nfl-all-pro-team-2022-best-players-every-position-patrick-mahomes-nick-bosa-justin-jefferson

If you count his second team pro bowl selections, then the Bengals have 1 (Burrow), while the Chiefs have 6 and the Eagles 5 and even the Patriots and Jets 3. So, I think some of the players are getting annoyed how little talent people seem to think the Bengals have.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I don't know....who even brought up the legendary trash talking of Jordan and Bird in a thread about a guy who may not even be the best RB on his own team running his mouth?

Why don't you ask the member who brought up Duncan/Robinson/Spurs???

P.S. The person who brought up Jordan and Bird was in RESPONSE to Duncan/Robinson/Spurs comment.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Why don't you ask the member who brought up Duncan/Robinson/Spurs???

P.S. The person who brought up Jordan and Bird was in RESPONSE to Duncan/Robinson/Spurs comment.  Smirk

So it's safe to say you of all people are on team "smug bigmouth" eh?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:54 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: 1. Why don't you ask the member who brought up Duncan/Robinson/Spurs???

2. P.S. The person who brought up Jordan and Bird was in RESPONSE to Duncan/Robinson/Spurs comment.  Smirk

(01-02-2023, 02:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: So it's safe to say you of all people are on team "smug bigmouth" eh?

Please respond to 1. and 2. Thank you.

Unlike you, I will respond to your question/comment.

3. If Jordan and Bird are on team "smug bigmouth" then yes, I am on the Dream Team "smug bigmouth".  Tongue  
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 08:05 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Exactly. I love the confidence. 

If you read the article, it's not just like he was running his mouth just to run his mouth. His interview actually has substance.

He's just saying "pick the way you want us to beat you"!

His head's in the game and he knows how good our team is!

LOVE YOU MIXON!

(12-31-2022, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah Mix should really tone down the bulletin board material

Nice. Doesn't sound like over confidence or anything to me, I agree with Mix and this really isn't something stupid to say 
either like that dude on KC saying Higbee or whatever. Mix knows the Bills are the team we have to go through, we haven't
played this team yet so we don't know if we can beat them, so excited for this game.

(12-31-2022, 10:34 PM)Tony Wrote: Talk your shit Mixon! Love the swagger of this team. This all goes back to Burrow saying **** that "why not us" saying..  Burrows confidence has infected everyone else.. I for one love it.. You would never see this shit on the Bengal teams of old...

SO TRUE. Got banned again eh Tony lol

(12-31-2022, 11:17 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
Cool

Yeah, let's talk about the best ever, not the boring dudes. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:12 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Joe Mixon is no Michael Jordan or Larry Bird . Jordan and Bird took no prisoners with their words, but they always backed up every evil word with evil deeds.  Miixon, for the most part, is but  a dancer and prancer. Let's see the deeds on Mon. , Joe.

Of course he isn't, this team isn't a pretender though and we aren't just lucky either like lots of people are saying.

Mix is talking about our team, not himself in particular. I have the same confidence going into this game. 

We will see who is right tonight. I was the biggest Mixon hater on this board mid season before he started to actually hit holes 
once we moved to the Gap scheme. So I am not a Mixon defender at all, but I believe what he said is completely correct and 
shows the confidence this team has right now. This is just a reflection of this fact. Good luck Bills.
Reply/Quote
I don't really take what Mixon said as bulletin board material. ESPN phishing for a story where none really exists. again.
Reply/Quote