Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon tested positive for COVID - Out for Browns game

Looking more and more like a "rest your starters" game and see what the backups can do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
Looking more and more like a "rest your starters" game and see what the backups can do.

Sunday Night he was having dinner with Boyd, Higgins, Chase, and WR Mike Thomas (who already had it)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

be good to get the backups tuned up in case any are needed for a larger role
Reply/Quote
Good week for it to happen. They should have a Covid party
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: be good to get the backups tuned up in case any are needed for a larger role

Very positive way to look at it and your right. Throw our 2nd and 3rd stringers out there and get them some playing time.

Reply/Quote

Can you imagine how much "fun" this week would be if the Bengals hadn't wrapped up the North last week?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Good week for it to happen. They should have a Covid party

These evidently are not false positives, so no, there's no guarantee they'll clear for the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These evidently are not false positives, so no, there's no guarantee they'll clear for the playoffs.

Unless they are symptomatic for a week and a half they will be ready. 5 days is the cap, they don’t have to test after that for 90 days. Now if starters test positive next week at this time, then I’d be concerned
Reply/Quote
All of our starters should be bubble-wrapped and shipped to remote cabins all over Canada, and no Bengal can be within 50 miles of another Bengal or within 25 miles of any human. Stick Burrow on an ice flow in Hudson Bay with a shotgun (for polar bears) and a good supply of seal blubber and walrus jerky. Then, they all sled-dog back and meet back at PBS on gameday.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:06 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Now if starters test positive next week at this time, then I’d be concerned

I hope that didn't open up a door leading to a parallel reality...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I think many of you are taking this lightly.

All of these COVID positives are a problem. There's a chance they could miss more than one week, but the bigger issue is that (believe it or not) some of these guys could get significantly ill from this to the point where it could effect their play in the playoffs.

My wife just got over COVID and she was wiped out for two weeks.

Let's hope everyone has mild symptoms, but it something to monitor.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think many of you are taking this lightly.

All of these COVID positives are a problem. There's a chance they could miss more than one week, but the bigger issue is that (believe it or not) some of these guys could get significantly ill from this to the point where it could effect their play in the playoffs.

I think very few if any COVID positives have missed more than 1 game.

Not taking it lightly, but these guys are also top shape compared to averages individuals. But honestly. There is nothing anyone can do about it but isolate and try to get better.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think very few if any COVID positives have missed more than 1 game.

Yes but Weezy is simply explaining that not everyone will have the same reaction and response time.
Hopefully everyone is asymptomatic or mild symptoms.

While Omicron seems "milder" than the previous variants, it's far more contagious and can still result in hospitalization or worse.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm not a medical professional so all I know is it was actually rare for a player to miss two games after testing positive this season. So most likely everyone will be back for the playoffs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Mixon is apparently asymptomatic.
Reply/Quote
this makes the video of mixon and burrow dancing in the locker room scare me.
Reply/Quote
And there is a lot of assuming the have Omicron. The original variant and Delta are both still out there, and could take them out for weeks. Hopefully, they are false positives or omicron, but I wouldn't be throwing no covid parties.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:25 PM)kronadon Wrote: this makes the video of mixon and burrow dancing in the locker room scare me.

Burrow was exposed 100%. Let's just hope the vaccine prevented him from getting it or he tests positive this week instead of next.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think many of you are taking this lightly.

I guarantee you they are all back For the playoff.. These are high caliber athletes.. How many have missed anymore than the allocated time they set for them? Any?.... Trust me they will all be off it by Monday and Tuesday..
Reply/Quote
Consider this the starters' bye week. Give others some playing time. I see we just signed a kicker, too. We'll need McPherson to do his magic in all of these playoff games. Let someone else kick on Sunday.
Reply/Quote