Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon tested positive for COVID - Out for Browns game
(01-05-2022, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Vikings OL Dakota Dozier had tested positive on Nov 5 and ended up being hospitalized the night of Nov 9. He was released from the hospital on Nov 14. So that's longer than a week and ended up being severe. He did not play in another game until Dec 26, which was the first game he was healthy enough to play in since getting COVID.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/12/29/dakota-dozier-back-playing-for-vikings-after-covid-pneumonia-kicked-my-butt/

One of the underlying conditions they just don't seem to like to blurt out is being "bigger" than what's considered healthy. Honestly kinda surprised it hasn't happened more often with some OL.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:25 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: But their first game back they can be less than full strength. The game before the Bengals tyreke was back but said he was exhausted and useless 

Yeah but our guys will have 2 weeks between their test, Tyreke tested positive the same week he played, It’s guys who test Positive next week that will really have me worried. ZT did say a lot of the guys who have tested positive (don’t know if this bunch or before) were asymptomatic
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:14 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think many of you are taking this lightly.

All of these COVID positives are a problem. There's a chance they could miss more than one week, but the bigger issue is that (believe it or not) some of these guys could get significantly ill from this to the point where it could effect their play in the playoffs.

My wife just got over COVID and she was wiped out for two weeks.

Let's hope everyone has mild symptoms, but it something to monitor.

This ^

I can't imagine playing football a week, two week, no a month after Covid. This is very very bad news. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 04:05 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: This ^

I can't imagine playing football a week, two week, no a month after Covid. This is very very bad news. 

Not to mention they could miss practice time as well. Based on Burrows press conference, the practice time after a week off is really, really important. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 04:05 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: This ^

Didn’t both Reader and Awuzie come in after being on the list, and both played well, especially Awuzie?
Reply/Quote
The situation itself is not ideal, and you certainly don't want anybody getting hospitalized with severe symptoms. Still, if the team was going to get hit with COVID, this was the week for it to happen. There's no urgency to play starters or rush guys back prematurely.

Hunker down and socially distance for two weeks. Get healthy. Don't be a team that gets hit with an outbreak during the playoffs.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 04:15 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Didn’t both Reader and Awuzie come in after being on the list, and both played well, especially Awuzie?

Yea they did. I’m still concerned. It impacts people differently and I’m unsure who’s vaxed and who isn’t.
Reply/Quote
BJ Hill was also placed on the list

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It actually wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they just forfeited the game. Burrows out, Mayfield is out. Browns are out and Bengals are in. Our season ticket holders have already gotten all their games in. Just forfeit the game and rest everyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It actually wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they just forfeited the game. Burrows out, Mayfield is out. Browns are out and Bengals are in.  Our season ticket holders have already gotten all their games in. Just forfeit the game and rest everyone.

This is one of the very few games I'm getting locally televised this year.
DON'T TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!!
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It actually wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if they just forfeited the game. Burrows out, Mayfield is out. Browns are out and Bengals are in.  Our season ticket holders have already gotten all their games in. Just forfeit the game and rest everyone.

Egregious alert! This better be a typing mistake where the intention was "Burrow is" rather than calling our boy "Burrows".  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 05:18 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: Yea they did. I’m still concerned. It impacts people differently and I’m unsure who’s vaxed and who isn’t.

I would bet they're all vaxxed and boosted.  I thought it was a League Rule, hence the Aaron Rodgers issue earlier in the year.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:54 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: I would bet they're all vaxxed and boosted.  I thought it was a League Rule, hence the Aaron Rodgers issue earlier in the year.

It's not a league rule to be vaxxed and boosted. There are just different protocols to follow if you are vs are not.
Players like Cole Beasley are not vaxxed.

Vaccinated individuals test weekly whereas unvaccinated have to test daily.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 06:54 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: I would bet they're all vaxxed and boosted.  I thought it was a League Rule, hence the Aaron Rodgers issue earlier in the year.

going into training camp they had 8 players unvaccinated.  One of those players was Billy Price.  We know that because he had to wait 10 days before joining the Giants.  There is at least 1 lineman (I think) wearing a mask in one of the celebration videos from last weekend. So, I assume he is unvaccinated or maybe just really cautious

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote