Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon wants Watkins
(03-07-2018, 11:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Ocho wanted TO, team won 4 games.

And yet somehow Marvin Lewis managed to have 4 losing seasons without TO on the team.  It really boggles the mind.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: We have a lot of young WR talent I would like to develop instead of signing a free agent.

Go back and look at what Sanu and Jones did as rookies.  I think Ross and Malone can develop as well as they did.

I was a huge fan of watkins coming out of college, but we have MUCH bigger needs in free agency than WR.

Im with you. 

We have plenty of wide receivers on this roster. We have a former second round pick who was coming into his own at the end of last year and a first round pick from last year. 

At some point you kind of have to rely on the guys you took in the draft. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im with you. 

We have plenty of wide receivers on this roster. We have a former second round pick who was coming into his own at the end of last year and a first round pick from last year. 

At some point you kind of have to rely on the guys you took in the draft. 

yeah cant build thru the draft if you don't play your draft picks
Reply/Quote
If they want to throw money at a receiver in FA I'd rather see them go after Jimmy Graham.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah cant build thru the draft if you don't play your draft picks

Maybe we should stop drafting injured players?
Reply/Quote
Mixon should be tweeting to solder. Then again he should put down his bong and realize signing any significant outside free agent is a pipe dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
The kid is having fun tweeting out to a player he likes asking him to think about coming to Cincy. Geeze.....
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe we should stop drafting injured players?

Im just waiting for us to take that center who just had knee surgery with our first round pick who will be "Ready for training camp". Would be such a Bengals move. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im just waiting for us to take that center who just had knee surgery with our first round pick who will be "Ready for training camp". Would be such a Bengals move. 

When your GM and HC have all the time in the world you can afford to take picks that might pan out eventually...or never.  
Reply/Quote
Tbh, I'm still thinking Watkins will get a sizable contract just based on youth and potential. I mean, he does have a couple of 1000 yard seasons (982 and 1047) when he was healthy. He was mostly healthy last year and didn't produce big yards, but had 8 TDs. I think he gets a mid-range contract, somewhere around 4-5 years and $7 to $8 million per.

If that's the case, I'm good. I'd rather swap LaFell out for a different (similarly priced) guy and concentrate on the o-line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 12:11 PM)Synric Wrote: If they want to throw money at a receiver in FA I'd rather see them go after Jimmy Graham.

Yeah I'd rather get players that don't have a lenghty history of injuries. I'd say Graham is similar to Eifert in that regard by now, so probably not much of an improvement.

Same reason I also dislike Watkins, way too expensive for such a risky option.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:14 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah I'd rather get players that don't have a lenghty history of injuries. I'd say Graham is similar to Eifert in that regard by now, so probably not much of an improvement.

Same reason I also dislike Watkins, way too expensive for such a risky option.

Jimmy Graham doesn't have a lengthy injury history...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I think Watkins will get paid more than marvin jones and sanu.

Remember. We dont want to ruin our comp picks. Mccarron Eifert and chris smith might get us some.
Reply/Quote
TheLeonardLeap wants Mixon... to average at least 4.5 YPC instead of 3.5 YPC.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sammie is a very talented Receiver, injuries are the only reason why he has not become the great WR some thought he could be.

Would like him here over Lafell for sure as others have said.

Need O-line though Joe, so you have some holes to run through. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:20 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Boutdat_23 is Boyd, I believe.

Boyd is #83

maybe he just made a mistake

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 02:48 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Boyd is #83

maybe he just made a mistake

He was 23 at Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 10:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: hurt for the bills

Rams decided to put money elsewhere

The Bengals may want to follow the Rams blueprint here. 

Like the guy a lot but think we need to worry more about giving QB ample time to throw it before we bolster WR staff that already features 2 first round picks with a second and third rounder as well. 

Plus Malone and Core could step forward too.

Would not mind a TE if Eiffert leaves. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:49 PM)Synric Wrote: Jimmy Graham doesn't have a lengthy injury history...

Well, lengthy might be too broad a term, but he's not the youngest and he was hurt quite often in recent years, ever since he became a Seahawk actually, notably a torn patella and ankle issues. And when he could play, he often looked quite limited to me. It sure is nice that he caught a TD nearly every game, but he often didn't do much else and looked more like a decoy most of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:19 AM)kevin Wrote: Thoughts ?

OK, my thought is Mixon hasn't done enough to say who should be on this team. He is still earning his stripes. Bernard played better than Mixon.  Ocho wanted TO, team won 4 games.  Mixon wants Watson.  BENGALS NEED BLOCKING.  If Bengals went out and signed 4 Pro Bowl receivers and tight ends, they win only 4 games with no blocking.  I will not be happy with Bengals until they fix the offensive line. They will not go back to play-offs until they fix the offensive line.  Any Salary Cap money for free agents and draft picks must first go to bringing in blockers. After that, we need tacklers at linebacker, still a weak area if you want play-offs and Super Bowl.  Watkins IS NOT a Super Bowl move. The problem is not the Bengals receivers, it is the fact that there is no blocking to run or throw the ball, especially against play-off type teams that are all over Dalton as soon as ball is snapped. Og and Fish block nobody as D players run by to nail Dalton. Our guards and center not much better. The worst O Line in NFL needs completely rebuilt by the new O Line coach from Dallas Cowboys. Give this coach the free agents and draft picks to bring in blockers.  Mixon would benefit much more by blockers opening running and passing lanes. 

Maurice Purify will block on the edge if that's what we want lol
Reply/Quote