Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mo Egger: I want the Bengals to look, sound, and play like the Steelers
I don't think Ben has looked all that great this season. He was terrible in his first game against us. He wasn't all that great in the second one, either. He crapped the bed in Buffalo and Bell bailed him out. He needed Bell and the kicking game to beat KC. He flat out lays eggs for entire games form title to time. If it weren't for the furious return of LeVeon Bell, I think they'd have struggled to finish out the season on top of the Ravens.

Ben is still a smart quarterback that makes big throws when needed, and he does it a lot vs the Bengals. Other than that, I think we're going to see his decline very soon. He's a much more flawed qb than the other elites he gets compared to such as Brady and Rodgers, even Ryan or Prescott at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 05:03 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: This!  I want some where in between, and that's NOT going to happen as long as MB has the final say so, and I don't care how much we read about him giving more and more to Katie and the gang, he is STILL the owner, and has the final Word!

Yes, you can play physical, be prepared and focused, without the extra 

I might piss the die hard face painted fans off, but I don't care.  I do NOT want a win at any cost franchise!  What do I mean by that, is I'll take a guy like AJ Green all day and any day, before I'm willing to put up with an Antonio Browns or Odell Beckhams just to get closer to a Lombardi!

If this  [Image: 16003250_10158127530530525_1623415759560...e=59116838]

is the kind of BS fans want just to hold a Lombardi then have at it!  Not my cup of tea!!!

Yeah, in the end you have to live with yourself.

I don't know how Steeler fans do it.

If you have to cheat to win it takes away from the winning.
Reply/Quote
I don't want this team to be anything like shittsburg, other than the hosting of multiple SB titles.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 04:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I don't want this team to be anything like shittsburg, other than the hosting of multiple SB titles.

That would be the only similarity, we play physical, our problem is our own coaches.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2017, 04:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing from that OP I agree with is wishing we had a coach who acted like he wasn't afraid to lose. That's all I'm willing to say positive about Tomlin or that team. **** the Steelers!

Last series Squeelers vs Chiefs. Squeelers have ball on ten yard line. Want to run out clock. Need one first down to do it. Everyone is thinking they will run the ball to kill clock and eat time outs. Squeelers throw it twice and get first down. They called plays to win. Marv plays it cautiously. I have no doubt Bengals would have run ball into teeth of D. I think his passiveness takes away edge that team could have. 

I hate Squeelers but respect Tomlin. See how he handled AB recording post games speach. 

Hate AB but usually you don't mind those guys when they are on your team (see Chad Johnson)  

Do not want Roethlisberger on my team. Some things are unacceptable.
Reply/Quote
One advantage the Steelers have is always playing in front of a friendly audience. Even during away games the stands are filled with those awful pee-colored towels.

I get what Mo Egger is saying: Nobody outside Cleveland fears the Bengals. Everyone knows Cincinnati hasn't been a playoff threat since Paul Brown died. Oh, sure. People love the Bengals during the regular season and in my travels I'll rock my orange and black where I'll hear in any airport an occasional, "Nice jersey," or, "Maybe this season," but in actual fact this team needs a national following only a Lombardi can earn. If the Bengals were a drink they would be a nice, sweet tasting dark craft stout with a smoky, burnt vanilla aftertaste. What they need to be is rotgut hooch with a straight vodka chaser, the combination that leaves your insides hurting for a week.

The Bengals tackle, often in textbook form. The Steelers just throw people down. The Bengals aim for the chest. The Steelers aim to pile drive. The Bengals block once then turn and see how Andy Dalton is doing. The Steelers keep blocking until the referees grab them to let them know the play was over five seconds ago. The Bengals keep their routes intact when Andy is under pressure. The Steelers break their routes and zigzag when Ben Roethlisberger has to extend a play -- which is why he always finds someone open.

It's culture, coaching, and pride. The Bengals have none of those things.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2017, 04:35 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The problem for us is it wouldn't work.

The Steelers get away with things the Bengals just wouldn't.

Plus i like some class on my team.

I want us to play physical and smart at the same time while addressing our weaknesses and playing the best players.

Sad to say but we will need a new HC to accomplish this.

I would never be proud to have Tomlin as my HC and especially Pig Pen as my QB though, that is for damn sure.

This says it all for me

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 12:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: One advantage the Steelers have is always playing in front of a friendly audience.  Even during away games the stands are filled with those awful pee-colored towels.

I get what Mo Egger is saying:  Nobody outside Cleveland fears the Bengals.  Everyone knows Cincinnati hasn't been a playoff threat since Paul Brown died.  Oh, sure.  People love the Bengals during the regular season and in my travels I'll rock my orange and black where I'll hear in any airport an occasional, "Nice jersey," or, "Maybe this season," but in actual fact this team needs a national following only a Lombardi can earn.  If the Bengals were a drink they would be a nice, sweet tasting dark craft stout with a smoky, burnt vanilla aftertaste.  What they need to be is rotgut hooch with a straight vodka chaser, the combination that leaves your insides hurting for a week.

The Bengals tackle, often in textbook form.  The Steelers just throw people down.  The Bengals aim for the chest.  The Steelers aim to pile drive.  The Bengals block once then turn and see how Andy Dalton is doing.  The Steelers keep blocking until the referees grab them to let them know the play was over five seconds ago.  The Bengals keep their routes intact when Andy is under pressure.  The Steelers break their routes and zigzag when Ben Roethlisberger has to extend a play -- which is why he always finds someone open.

It's culture, coaching, and pride.  The Bengals have none of those things.

The only way to change this perception. The Bengals will have to go into the Playoffs and just want it more than
the other team. Take it. I remember the SB with the Niners and the Ravens about 5 or so years ago. The Niners
were heavily favored and i thought they were the better team as well.

The Ravens just wanted it more. The Ravens did this a lot in the past where they were not that good of a team in
the regular season and just squeaked into the Playoffs. But they were a different team once they got there.

This is why we need a new HC.
Reply/Quote