Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mock On Yahoo! Has Us Taking Daniels In The First Round
(04-19-2018, 12:37 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I like the idea of a C & RT (in no particular order) being the pick in the first 2 rounds better, but I think the 'higher floor' play could be C & G in the first 2 rounds.

McGlinchey in 1 and any of the three centers in 2
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 01:34 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: McGlinchey in 1 and any of the three centers in 2

That's my preferred scenario, but I don't think he'll be available when we pick. That's why I'd consider picking both a C & G.
Reply/Quote
(04-18-2018, 07:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Pollack's message is toughness. Daniels is the opposite. It's why I think we go Hernandez. He's the living embodiment of toughness.

seriously dude wtf are you on about ?  give me one example of daniels not being tough ?  this is exactly the kinda shit the drives me insane with people who spout stuff to support a guy their in love with.

Daniels is gonna be a beast when he gets into a nfl weight program because his frame can handle the extra weight. 

On a side note Hernandez is a beast, but he's purely a guard and I think they like what they have in redmond .  Ragnow, Wynn, and Rankins all have versatility on the line.  Daniels is the best center and we don't have a center.  sooooo there's that.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 01:39 PM)Okeana Wrote: seriously dude wtf are you on about ?  give me one example of daniels not being tough ?  this is exactly the kinda shit the drives me insane with people who spout stuff to support a guy their in love with.

Daniels is gonna be a beast when he gets into a nfl weight program because his frame can handle the extra weight. 

On a side note Hernandez is a beast, but he's purely a guard and I think they like what they have in redmond .  Ragnow, Wynn, and Rankins all have versatility on the line.  Daniels is the best center and we don't have a center.  sooooo there's that.

I think people took the whole "needs to work on his core strength" in draft profiles and automatically assume Daniels is a weakling which couldn't be further from the truth. Daniels is a mean run blocker that likes to finish. He's also a stout pass protector.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 02:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I think people took the whole "needs to work on his core strength" in draft profiles and automatically assume Daniels is a weakling which couldn't be further from the truth. Daniels is a mean run blocker that likes to finish. He's also a stout pass protector.

Jason Kelce was this year's 1st Team All-Pro Center. Guess what was supposed to be his biggest weakness coming out of college?

Personally I think the reason for the Daniels hate on this board is they have been brainwashed into thinking we need a road-grader, when actually quickness is the most important asset for a Center. Folks still picture the likes of Casey Hampton and Hilota Ngata in their heads and think we need a huge stationary Center. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 01:39 PM)Okeana Wrote: seriously dude wtf are you on about ?  give me one example of daniels not being tough ?  this is exactly the kinda shit the drives me insane with people who spout stuff to support a guy their in love with.

Something folks overlook about Daniels is that he is just a baby. He won't even be old enough to buy a beer when the season starts. 

Reply/Quote
I’ve seen a while back Daniels being labeled at the #1 center man.
Reply/Quote

Please give me one writer that had Daniels as the best center pre combine?? Bc I can give u 8-10 minumum that had price. Nobody had Daniels 1 before price had the injury. Everyone had price prew injury. Everyone is falling in love with Daniels. Bc of his numbers and against weak competition. And I'll say it again. He has the frame to add weight yes. That has nothing to do with core strength. Once again I'll bring up ogbuehi. He has worked on core strength ever since coming into the league. He still has no core strength. He has other issues ass well but his biggest issue is core strength. It's one of the hardest things to build up. Price and ragnow are far better options.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 04:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Please give me one writer that had Daniels as the best center pre combine?? Bc I can give u 8-10 minumum that had price. Nobody had Daniels 1 before price had the injury. Everyone had price prew injury. Everyone is falling in love with Daniels. Bc of his numbers and against weak competition. And I'll say it again. He has the frame to add weight yes. That has nothing to do with core strength. Once again I'll bring up ogbuehi. He has worked on core strength ever since coming into the league. He still has no core strength. He has other issues ass well but his biggest issue is core strength. It's one of the hardest things to build up. Price and ragnow are far better options.

Here is Mike Mayock's top 5 before the combine:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Interior OL

1. Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame 
2. Isaiah Wynn, Georgia 
3. James Daniels, Iowa 
4. Will Hernandez, UTEP 
5. Billy Price, Ohio State

After the combine
1. [/url]Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame 

2. [url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/isaiah-wynn?id=2559829]Isaiah Wynn
, Georgia 

3. James Daniels, Iowa 

4. Will Hernandez, UTEP 

T-5. Billy Price, Ohio State 
T-5. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

Seems also exactly like what I said, He never had Price above Daniels (once Danielsdeclared), nor did very many other National scouts

Here's a mock by Mel Kiper before the combine:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/2018-nfl-mock-draft-20-mel-kipers-picks/story?id=53388452

He has one center going in the first round with the 22nd pick. Want to guess who it was?

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 11:28 AM)BengalChris Wrote: That's what I was thinking. There should be a C available in the 2nd and we still have a hole at RT.

Something we must target aggressively. 

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here is Mike Mayock's top 5 before the combine:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000916367/article/mike-mayocks-2018-nfl-draft-position-rankings

Interior OL

1. Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame 
2. Isaiah Wynn, Georgia 
3. James Daniels, Iowa 
4. Will Hernandez, UTEP 
5. Billy Price, Ohio State

After the combine
1. [/url]Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame 

2. [url=http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/isaiah-wynn?id=2559829]Isaiah Wynn
, Georgia 

3. James Daniels, Iowa 

4. Will Hernandez, UTEP 

T-5. Billy Price, Ohio State 
T-5. Frank Ragnow, Arkansas

Seems also exactly like what I said, He never had Price above Daniels (once Danielsdeclared), nor did very many other National scouts

Here's a mock by Mel Kiper before the combine:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/2018-nfl-mock-draft-20-mel-kipers-picks/story?id=53388452

He has one center going in the first round with the 22nd pick. Want to guess who it was?
This is the same guy who has Kolton miller in the first round .right? But Walter football and bleacher report have price ranked higher than Daniels. Just Google center rankings pre combine and u see all the links. But ur right there are a couple who had Daniels ahead of price which I didn't believe a done had pre combine. But overall it was price over Daniels.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 05:55 PM)Jpoore Wrote: This is the same guy who has Kolton miller in the first round .right? But Walter football and bleacher report have price ranked higher than Daniels. Just Google center rankings pre combine and u see all the links. But ur right there are a couple who had Daniels ahead of price which I didn't believe a done had pre combine. But overall it was price over Daniels.

You can lead a horse to water.......

Reply/Quote
Seen this a lot, just goes to show you what the analysts know. Seen Daniels as our pick at 21 many times.

Doesn't even fit our style. Doesn't have the core strength we need here and he isn't nasty like Ragnow or
Price. Pollack brought in Ragnow, don't even think we went to Daniels Pro Day let alone brought him in?

Ragnow at 21 please or trade up in the 2nd round for him or Price. The Panthers pick at 24 and are looking
at taking Ragnow, doubt he makes it to our 2nd and even if the Panthers waited, they would probably move
up in front of us and take him. Ragnow is the best Center in this Draft for us and what better pick could we
make? The best at our biggest area of need.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 12:27 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Not when the zone blocking center will get blown backwards due to having no core strength. He was never the bunber 1 center before the combine. Hernandez is best guard in this class and is the best phone booth blocker. Pollack's also wasn't aggressiveness and shorter sets which fits Hernandez to a t. Out him across from someone he like to take 1 step and gets his hands on people. Which is exactly what Pollack's wants. U could go hernandez price daius Leonard and be very happy.
Nobody considered him top center before the combine. Falling in love with the numbers. It's the same thing that happened last year witu pocic and elflien. Elflien better center but pocic drafted first.
Daniels was never 1 before combine.

seems everyone feels Daniels is #1 OC now.....

especially w/ Price's peck injury....
but i'd be very happy w/ Price in rd #2.....i'd rather not go OC in rd 1
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 01:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You keep saying this but it's simply not true. As soon as Daniels announced he was foregoing his Senior season  he immediately was considered the top Center prospect; it's just he was a little latein announcing so folks had Price at Center-1.

The combine may have played a part in folks such as Ragnow and Mankins getting rated ahead of Price on some boards, but Daniels was the top Center prospect coming into the combine. 

Now I would be thrilled with Hernandez in the first and Price in the 2nd, but he's not the best Center prospect in this draft. Daniels is.

I agree w/ you on the #1 OC being Daniels....

but......
 I just don't think there's that big of a drop off from Daniels to the next two, Price & Ragnow.....
instead of Daniels in rd 1 i'd prefer Hernandez b/c he seems like pro bowl material.....HUGE bang for our O-line buck.....
then get the best OC on the board in rd #2....prefer Price but if it's Ragnow fine.....figure Daniels will be long gone by then....as he'll go in rd #1....probably in the 20's....
then maybe rd #3 the best RT on the board...Rankin if he's still there.....or BPA from LB, S or DT....
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2018, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Seen this a lot, just goes to show you what the analysts know. Seen Daniels as our pick at 21 many times.

Doesn't even fit our style. Doesn't have the core strength we need here and he isn't nasty like Ragnow or
Price. Pollack brought in Ragnow, don't even think we went to Daniels Pro Day let alone brought him in?

Ragnow at 21 please or trade up in the 2nd round for him or Price. The Panthers pick at 24 and are looking
at taking Ragnow, doubt he makes it to our 2nd and even if the Panthers waited, they would probably move
up in front of us and take him. Ragnow is the best Center in this Draft for us and what better pick could we
make? The best at our biggest area of need.
I see Ragnow ranked as a 2nd to 3rd rd grade constantly....
but imo, if we don't go OC in rd #1 we better go OC in rd #2.....Price or Ragnow.....we can't wait till rd #3.....
we have to get one of the top 3 OC's.....
we just HAVE TO.....
I think the Bengals know this too.....
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:52 AM)Steve Wrote: I agree w/ you on the #1 OC being Daniels....

but......
 I just don't think there's that big of a drop off from Daniels to the next two, Price & Ragnow.....
instead of Daniels in rd 1 i'd prefer Hernandez b/c he seems like pro bowl material.....HUGE bang for our O-line buck.....
then get the best OC on the board in rd #2....prefer Price but if it's Ragnow fine.....figure Daniels will be long gone by then....as he'll go in rd #1....probably in the 20's....
then maybe rd #3 the best RT on the board...Rankin if he's still there.....or BPA from LB, S or DT....

I suppose it depends if you think the drop off is more drastic at C or G. Do you want the best C in the draft or the 2-3 best G in the draft. 

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 12:58 AM)Steve Wrote: I see Ragnow ranked as a 2nd to 3rd rd grade constantly....
but imo, if we don't go OC in rd #1 we better go OC in rd #2.....Price or Ragnow.....we can't wait till rd #3.....
we have to get one of the top 3 OC's.....
we just HAVE TO.....
I think the Bengals know this too.....

I feel the same Steve.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose it depends if you think the drop off is more drastic at C or G. Do you want the best C in the draft or the 2-3 best G in the draft. 

Me personally i want the best Center and that is Ragnow for us bar none.

I really believe Westerman, Redmond or a 2nd to 4th round Draft pick can get it done at RG under Pollack's tutelage.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Me personally i want the best Center and that is Ragnow for us bar none.

I really believe Westerman, Redmond or a 2nd to 4th round Draft pick can get it done at RG under Pollack's tutelage.

I agree, but I am so sick of seeing the interior O-line suck, that I would love for the Bengals to get either Wynn or Hernandez and then move into the late first to get either Daniels or Ragnow.

Either way, let's get some top tier prospects into the line.  You can't keep relying on late round picks and UDFA.  If you really want to fix the running game, then do it.  We already have the skill guys, we need the guys up front.
Reply/Quote