Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Mock On Yahoo! Has Us Taking Daniels In The First Round
(04-20-2018, 04:06 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I agree, but I am so sick of seeing the interior O-line suck, that I would love for the Bengals to get either Wynn or Hernandez and then move into the late first to get either Daniels or Ragnow.

Either way, let's get some top tier prospects into the line.  You can't keep relying on late round picks and UDFA.  If you really want to fix the running game, then do it.  We already have the skill guys, we need the guys up front.

From what La Canfora is saying Ragnow might not last past us, let alone the Panthers, Falcons, Vikes in the 1st.

I take Ragnow at 21 and get the best RT/RG Prospect in the 2nd or 3rd.

Cause i agree, we shore up the front and the skill guys will prosper. It doesn't work the other way around. The Eagles won the SB.

Guess what, they had like the best O-line in football.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 06:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: From what La Canfora is saying Ragnow might not last past us, let alone the Panthers, Falcons, Vikes in the 1st.

I take Ragnow at 21 and get the best RT/RG Prospect in the 2nd or 3rd.

Cause i agree, we shore up the front and the skill guys will prosper. It doesn't work the other way around. The Eagles won the SB.

Guess what, they had like the best O-line in football.

Do you know anything about their Center? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 07:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you know anything about their Center? 

Yeah, Kelce is hella good.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Kelce is hella good.

Yeah, they're so set at OL that Jon Toth didn't even make the PS.  I know he had an injury, but he was on several people's mocks last year at this time.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 08:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, they're so set at OL that Jon Toth didn't even make the PS.  I know he had an injury, but he was on several people's mocks last year at this time.

True, even wanted Toth last Draft. Those Eagles are insanely deep on the O-line and Kelce is great.

Still remember in the Superbowl when he grabbed 2 Patriots D-lineman coming up the middle trying to get
to his QB with his arms and didn't let them sniff the QB with no holding call.

Right at that moment i said to everybody in the room, i wished the Bengals had a Center like that.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2018, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Me personally i want the best Center and that is Ragnow for us bar none.

I really believe Westerman, Redmond or a 2nd to 4th round Draft pick can get it done at RG under Pollack's tutelage.

you may be right.....
but,
 I am so in love w/ Hernandez I hope we pick him at 21.....
then pick the best OC on the board in rd #2.....whoever it is.....I don't think there's that much of a drop off b/t the top 3...
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 12:36 AM)Steve Wrote: you may be right.....
but,
 I am so in love w/ Hernandez I hope we pick him at 21.....
then pick the best OC on the board in rd #2.....whoever it is.....I don't think there's that much of a drop off b/t the top 3...

Maybe not much of a drop off but Price is injured and will not be able to participate in the OTA's.

He also has much shorter arms than Ragnow and is not nearly as good in pass protection.

And both Price and Daniels did not play in the SEC like Ragnow did for multiple years.

Bottomline, Guard and even RT are not near as big of a need as Center for the Bengals.

Get the best Center and the rest will fall into place.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe not much of a drop off but Price is injured and will not be able to participate in the OTA's.

He also has much shorter arms than Ragnow and is not nearly as good in pass protection.

And both Price and Daniels did not play in the SEC like Ragnow did for multiple years.

Bottomline, Guard and even RT are not near as big of a need as Center for the Bengals.

I agree with you on Center being a > need than G and RT, but the SEC/Big ten thing is just overplayed by people and is no longer applicable. If not, let's just focus on some more A&M tackles, or fill our team with UK and Vandy players. 

Price has started a record # of games at OSU. He started on a team that beat Bama on its way to a NC.

They have a recent track record of NFL ready lineman, especially at center. The last 4 centers at OSU:

Price- likely first rounder
Pat elfien- started as rookie in Minnesota 
Jacoby Boren- rents dumpsters at Boren Brothers in Pickerington, they have a sweet scarlet and grey color, not a good example 
Corey Lindsey- started as a rookie in GB.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 01:47 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I agree with you on Center being a > need than G and RT, but the SEC/Big ten thing is just overplayed by people and is no longer applicable. If not, let's just focus on some more A&M tackles, or fill our team with UK and Vandy players. 

Price has started a record # of games at OSU. He started on a team that beat Bama on its way to a NC.

They have a recent track record of NFL ready lineman, especially at center. The last 4 centers at OSU:

Price- likely first rounder
Pat elfien- started as rookie in Minnesota 
Jacoby Boren- rents dumpsters at Boren Brothers in Pickerington, they have a sweet scarlet and grey color, not a good example 
Corey Lindsey- started as a rookie in GB.

And....

Travis Frederick was coached by Bielema the same coach that coached Frank Ragnow and said Ragnow is
the best he has ever coached. Travis Frederick is the best Center in the NFL right now and Frank Pollack
coached him. Ragnow is not injured, Price is.

I am not an SEC homer or a OSU homer. You seem to be an OSU one though Schmitty.

Love Price, but he will fall cause of the injury.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 02:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And....

Travis Frederick was coached by Bielema the same coach that coached Frank Ragnow and said Ragnow is
the best he has ever coached. Travis Frederick is the best Center in the NFL right now and Frank Pollack
coached him. Ragnow is not injured, Price is.

I am not an SEC homer or a OSU homer. You seem to be an OSU one though Schmitty.

Love Price, but he will fall cause of the injury.
And which position group did Bielema coach again at Ark and Wisc? Wink 

Me pointing out the silliness of you and others saying playing in the SEC is some kind of a difference making advantage over playing for Ferentz or at OSU doesn't make me a homer.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 03:14 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: And which position group did Bielema coach again at Ark and Wisc? Wink 

Me pointing out the silliness of you and others saying playing in the SEC is some kind of a difference making advantage over playing for Ferentz or at OSU doesn't make me a homer.

Every year more players are drafted from the SEC than every other conference.

Last year I think it was SEC > ACC > Pac ( Someone can double check that lol).
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 03:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Every year more players are drafted from the SEC than every other conference.

Last year I think it was SEC > ACC > Pac ( Someone can double check that lol).

You are missing my point, and I don't think it should be this hard. If you break out draft picks by conference, then by school and compared Arkansas to the average ACC, B1G, PAC school, Arkansas would be below average. Certainly they be waaay below OSU(I think they are 2nd or 3rd of all teams) and probably Iowa. 

So to say that Ragnow playing in the SEC is more of an advantage over Price at OSU or Daniels at Iowa, is actually a disadvantage.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 05:00 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: You are missing my point, and I don't think it should be this hard. If you break out draft picks by conference, then by school and compared Arkansas to the average ACC, B1G, PAC school, Arkansas would be below average. Certainly they be waaay below OSU(I think they are 2nd or 3rd of all teams) and probably Iowa. 

So to say that Ragnow playing in the SEC is more of an advantage over Price at OSU or Daniels at Iowa, is actually a disadvantage.

But on a whole the SEC puts out more NFL talent than any other conference in college football. Which means players are more likely to compete against NFL talent. 

Level of competition is just one factor while looking at a player. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 01:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe not much of a drop off but Price is injured and will not be able to participate in the OTA's.

there is no reason to draft Ragnow in rd 1 when we can draft him in rd #2....
why reach....?
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 08:11 PM)Steve Wrote: there is no reason to draft Ragnow in rd 1 when we can draft him in rd #2....
why reach....?

There's no guarantee that he'll be there in round two and center is our biggest weakness, so we need to make sure we get our guy.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 03:14 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: And which position group did Bielema coach again at Ark and Wisc? Wink 

What does matter is what Bielema said, that is a huge compliment saying Ragnow was better than Frederick.

It is not silly to say that SEC players tend to make more of an impact than other Conferences it is simply true.

It is the pros of college football where they play against the biggest competition and Bama that damn team that
seems to always win it nearly every year. As Synric said it is just another thing to factor in while looking at a player.

Interesting how you never mention the Price injury that sets him back immensely.

We need a Center that can come in day one in OTA's and start to gel with his coaches and players.

(04-22-2018, 05:16 PM)Synric Wrote: But on a whole the SEC puts out more NFL talent than any other conference in college football. Which means players are more likely to compete against NFL talent. 

Level of competition is just one factor while looking at a player. 

Precisely.

(04-22-2018, 08:11 PM)Steve Wrote: there is no reason to draft Ragnow in rd 1 when we can draft him in rd #2....
why reach....?

Have you even been reading any of the reports Steve? Ragnow will not make it to 46 he probably won't make it
past the Patriots at 23 let alone the Panthers, Falcons and Vikings in the 1st. We will have to take him at 21 or he
will be gone. He is the best Center in this class for a run first Offense, which is us and he fills the biggest need of
any player in this Draft.

Draft Ragnow at 21 and the rest of the Draft is good to me.

We wait till 46 and all the top 3 Centers are gone and we screwed the pooch man.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What does matter is what Bielema said, that is a huge compliment saying Ragnow was better than Frederick.

It is not silly to say that SEC players tend to make more of an impact than other Conferences it is simply true.

It is the pros of college football where they play against the biggest competition and Bama that damn team that
seems to always win it nearly every year. As Synric said it is just another thing to factor in while looking at a player.

Interesting how you never mention the Price injury that sets him back immensely.

We need a Center that can come in day one in OTA's and start to gel with his coaches and players.

Precisely.

Have you even been reading any of the reports Steve? Ragnow will not make it to 46 he probably won't make it
past the Patriots at 23 let alone the Panthers, Falcons and Vikings in the 1st. We will have to take him at 21 or he
will be gone. He is the best Center in this class for a run first Offense, which is us and he fills the biggest need of

We wait till 46 and all the top 3 Centers are gone and we screwed the pooch man.
it's possible all 3 top Centers will be gone y pick 46......
but I doubt it..
most mocks show Daniels as the first OC off the board....& it's to us at 21......
Price & Ragnow are in rd 2....
i'd hate to pass on Hernandez b/c someone wanted to reach & draft a OC in rd #1....
I just don't think all 3 will be off the board at 46....
i'll stick to my idea....get Hernandez at 21 & the best OC on the board at 46...
& the rest of the draft is good to me.....
no reaching.....
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2018, 08:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: There's no guarantee that he'll be there in round two and center is our biggest weakness, so we need to make sure we get our guy.

if our war room drafts an OC at 21 fine.....
or if they select QB Lamar Jackson i'll be fine w/ that too.....
I trust their judgement.....

but i'd prefer they pick Hernandez then get the OC at 46...
we shall see...
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 02:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What does matter is what Bielema said, that is a huge compliment saying Ragnow was better than Frederick.

Precisely.

it's often painful to fall in love w/ a player....b/c you will usually be hurt...
several years ago I wanted us to pick a DE in rd #1 out of Fla....he had a DUI on his record....most posters ripped me for my choice......they didn't pick him in rd #1.....but he slid into rd #2 & we picked him.....Carlos Dunlap has done very well for us.....
you want Ragnow in rd #1.....be patient......I think we'll select him in rd #2......so we'll both win..... ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2018, 07:35 PM)Steve Wrote: it's often painful to fall in love w/ a player....b/c you will usually be hurt...
several years ago I wanted us to pick a DE in rd #1 out of Fla....he had a DUI on his record....most posters ripped me for my choice......they didn't pick him in rd #1.....but he slid into rd #2 & we picked him.....Carlos Dunlap has done very well for us.....
you want Ragnow in rd #1.....be patient......I think we'll select him in rd #2......so we'll both win..... ThumbsUp

Hope you are right man, guess you were right about Dunlap, good job.

But that is a lot of interest for Ragnow from teams that pick right behind us in the first.

Tend to believe one of the three will pick him if they are so interested.
Reply/Quote