Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock draft giving Bengals top pick in 2021 draft - Already
While we believe that is unlikely, these two guys actually spent time on the air discussing it.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/video/c7dca175-02d1-4935-ad51-5657e7899cc4
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Many here will disagree with me on this, but I want Sewell if that happens. Unless the offers for the pick are just completely crazy. Like 3-4 1sts crazy. You want Lawrence? Mortgage your future to come get him!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Many here will disagree with me on this, but I want Sewell if that happens. Unless the offers for the pick are just completely crazy. Like 3-4 1sts crazy. You want Lawrence? Mortgage your future to come get him!

Said it numerous times in other posts.  I will give the Bengals till the quarter pole and if they are 0-4, I will start rooting to lose.  Get 4 first round picks from Carolina for Lawrence and you might finally have a team that can win.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:26 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Said it numerous times in other posts.  I will give the Bengals till the quarter pole and if they are 0-4, I will start rooting to lose.  Get 4 first round picks from Carolina for Lawrence and you might finally have a team that can win.  

You think they’d really give up such a crazy haul when Bridgewater is quite capable? He’ll never be a world beater, but he was good last year for the Saints, and he was decent week 1.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You think they’d really give up such a crazy haul when Bridgewater is quite capable? He’ll never be a world beater, but he was good last year for the Saints, and he was decent week 1.

With Clemson in that area, and losing the icon Cam Newton....Yes, I do think they would.  Absolutely.  If not them, maybe Jacksonville, but either way someone will offer a haul.  
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With Clemson in that area, and losing the icon Cam Newton....Yes, I do think they would.  Absolutely.  If not them, maybe Jacksonville, but either way someone will offer a haul.  

Definitely not JAX. Minshew has shown enough they don’t need to trade away a king’s ransom out of desperation for a QB.

I honestly don’t know that there will be as many crazy offers as some might think. Even as good a prospect as Lawrence is. There’s so many young QB’s around the league right now. Teams either firmly have their guy, or it’s still early on. I’d say maybe the Colts, but do they want to give Eason a shot first? I don’t see Chicago trading up yet again. And they still seem hopeful for Trubisky. Maybe Detroit?

Reply/Quote
As presently constituted the Bengals will once again have #1OA. There’s no “tank for Trevor” going on in Cincinnati; the Bengals are just historically terrible up and down the entire roster and in the coaching offices. This is worse than the 1990s. Let that sink in for a minute.

Now here’s the good news, sort of: Zac Taylor drafts pretty well so far. He may be in over his head as a coach but as a judge of talent he’s above average.

Jonah Williams is going to be good. Don’t forget he’s essentially a rookie.

Drew Sample might be the most underrated Zac Taylor pick ever. He’s an excellent blocker and he might have the best hands on the team with the exception of AJ Green.

Germaine Pratt is making plays here and there. He’s not the second coming of Ray Lewis but he’s effective.

Joe Burrow will be great if he can stay upright.

Tee Higgins needs the ball more. He’s better than John Ross already.

Logan Wilson doesn’t miss many tackles.

The 2021 draft will be critical. It’s not like everyone doesn’t know what the Bengals need.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 03:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Many here will disagree with me on this, but I want Sewell if that happens. Unless the offers for the pick are just completely crazy. Like 3-4 1sts crazy. You want Lawrence? Mortgage your future to come get him!

I mean, any team trading up to the first pick to take a Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields is going to be offering a ton.

Hell, it might be a situation where someone trades from 3 to 1, and you can take Sewell anyways.

To each their own, but I will absolutely lose my shit if we have the #1 pick and hold onto to take a Tackle, when there's significant trade offers on the table.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As presently constituted the Bengals will once again have #1OA. There’s no “tank for Trevor” going on in Cincinnati; the Bengals are just historically terrible up and down the entire roster and in the coaching offices. This is worse than the 1990s. Let that sink in for a minute.

Now here’s the good news, sort of: Zac Taylor drafts pretty well so far. He may be in over his head as a coach but as a judge of talent he’s above average.

Jonah Williams is going to be good. Don’t forget he’s essentially a rookie.

Drew Sample might be the most underrated Zac Taylor pick ever. He’s an excellent blocker and he might have the best hands on the team with the exception of AJ Green.

Germaine Pratt is making plays here and there. He’s not the second coming of Ray Lewis but he’s effective.

Tee Higgins needs the ball more. He’s better than John Ross already.

The 2021 draft will be critical. It’s not like everyone doesn’t know what the Bengals need.

Pratt looked terrible against Cleveland. Jury is still out on him.

Boyd has pretty damn good hands too. That drop was very uncharacteristic for him. And he made up for it.

I personally thought Taylor’s first draft here was pretty bad. Hopefully Jonah will become a good one, but Sample was taken much too early (there’s real no debating that), Finley has no business being in the NFL (and we traded up to get him - barf), Jordan I like and think he could be a keeper, didn’t love the Wren pick but we have seen much of him yet, the two RB picks were whatever (one is already gone) the LB Davis was a bad pick (also gone).

I liked this year’s more. The only pick I didn’t really care for was Kareem.

Reply/Quote
Bengals have a lot of needs. If they pick #1, trading down a few picks is absolutely the best move. There are serious flaws everywhere on the roster except maybe safety and qb
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:14 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I mean, any team trading up to the first pick to take a Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields is going to be offering a ton.

Hell, it might be a situation where someone trades from 3 to 1, and you can take Sewell anyways.

To each their own, but I will absolutely lose my shit if we have the #1 pick and hold onto to take a Tackle, when there's significant trade offers on the table.

Again, what constitutes “significant?” I see a lot of automatic trade talk, and very little expectations on what the offers could realistically look like. Need more context to really be able to lean one way or another.

The bold scenario would be ideal.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As presently constituted the Bengals will once again have #1OA.  There’s no “tank for Trevor” going on in Cincinnati; the Bengals are just historically terrible up and down the entire roster and in the coaching offices.  This is worse than the 1990s.  Let that sink in for a minute.  

Now here’s the good news, sort of:  Zac Taylor drafts pretty well so far.  He may be in over his head as a coach but as a judge of talent he’s above average.

Jonah Williams is going to be good.  Don’t forget he’s essentially a rookie.

Drew Sample might be the most underrated Zac Taylor pick ever.  He’s an excellent blocker and he might have the best hands on the team with the exception of AJ Green.

Germaine Pratt is making plays here and there.  He’s not the second coming of Ray Lewis but he’s effective.

Tee Higgins needs the ball more.  He’s better than John Ross already.  

The 2021 draft will be critical.  It’s not like everyone doesn’t know what the Bengals need.

We don't know this at all.

Your entire argument basically rests on the idea that you believe guys should be good.

Will Jonah Williams live up to the #11 position he was drafted with?  Way too early to even try to make a guess.

Drew Sample has a total of 73 yards receiving after 18 games have passed since he was drafted.  He might be pan out, he might not.  But there's no way you can say he was an underrated pick at this point.  The guy made one nice catch and now we're going to say he's a great pick.  C'mon.

Germaine Pratt has not looked great.  Does that mean he was a terrible pick?  No.  But you can't use him as evidence that Taylor is a great talent evaluator.

Joe Burrow was a no brainer pick. When you have the #1 overall pick, and a potential generational talent happens to be in your draft, then there's a good chance they pan out. Stevie Wonder could've seen that he was the guy to take.

Tee Higgins just got here. He's got 3 catches for 35 yards.  How about we give him some time before we chalk him up as another great pick.

Logan Wilson: See Tee Higgins.  Give it time.

Not trying to be a dick here, but like I said earlier, your entire posts consists of what you believe will happen and not what has happened.  Until any of this comes to fruition then you can't really say anything about Zac Taylor's ability to draft quality players.
Reply/Quote

Trade the first round pick for a couple first round picks and some above average NFL players. Maybe 2 first rounders and a legit offensive lineman thats already NFL rostered. That would be best case scenario. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, what constitutes “significant?” I see a lot of automatic trade talk, and very little expectations on what the offers could realistically look like. Need more context to really be able to lean one way or another.

That's because its September and no one has any idea what the draft will even look like until December. Off the top of my head I would say the Jets would be the favorite for the #1OA pick right now and I could see them taking Trevor Lawrence and trading Sam Darnold.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:08 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As presently constituted the Bengals will once again have #1OA.  There’s no “tank for Trevor” going on in Cincinnati; the Bengals are just historically terrible up and down the entire roster and in the coaching offices.  This is worse than the 1990s.  Let that sink in for a minute.  

Now here’s the good news, sort of:  Zac Taylor drafts pretty well so far.  He may be in over his head as a coach but as a judge of talent he’s above average.

Jonah Williams is going to be good.  Don’t forget he’s essentially a rookie.

Drew Sample might be the most underrated Zac Taylor pick ever.  He’s an excellent blocker and he might have the best hands on the team with the exception of AJ Green.

Germaine Pratt is making plays here and there.  He’s not the second coming of Ray Lewis but he’s effective.

Tee Higgins needs the ball more.  He’s better than John Ross already.  

The 2021 draft will be critical.  It’s not like everyone doesn’t know what the Bengals need.

I'm not sure how in the world you can rate Zac Taylor as a drafter already. Just because you think guys "are going to be good" and a guy makes a play "here and there" doesn't mean he's a good drafter and evaluator of talent. TBH - I don't see anyone he drafted (other than Burrow) really standing out so far. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
As I understand it, there are 2 teams with multiple 1st RD picks (NYJ/JAX), but both have unique QB situations.

One has a high draft pick that has underperformed and one has a low draft pick that has overperformed, but I think each would jump at Trevor. If NYJ suck again they'll most likely be parting ways with Gase and that guy will want his own QB. They trade Darnald for a 2nd and give us both firsts and the higher or their 2nds.

I cannot see taking the Oregon OT at 1OA. That would mean we plan to move Jonah to RT. Just take the haul and get someone like Leatherwood or Trey Smith
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:20 AM)Brimey Wrote: Bengals have a lot of needs. If they pick #1, trading down a few picks is absolutely the best move. There are serious flaws everywhere on the roster except maybe safety and qb

Moving down a few picks is one thing, but the last time a team traded out of #1 it was when the Rams moved all the way up from #15. Tennessee got back 2 1st (one of which was obviously 15), 2 2nd, and 2 3rd. Rams got a 4th and 6th along with #1OA.

I’d want a little more than that. Lawrence is a way better prospect than Goff was.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:25 AM)Synric Wrote: That's because its September and no one has any idea what the draft will even look like until December. Off the top of my head I would say the Jets would be the favorite for the #1OA pick right now and I could see them taking Trevor Lawrence and trading Sam Darnold.

I can’t. Way too early to give up on him.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:21 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again, what constitutes “significant?” I see a lot of automatic trade talk, and very little expectations on what the offers could realistically look like. Need more context to really be able to lean one way or another.

Usually two 1sts is the absolute minimum starting point, and that's only going to ever happen if you're moving from 1 to like 3, where someone is leapfrogging whoever is ahead of them.

I mean, look at the offers that we're being reported out of Miami last year.  Moving from 1 to 5 could have meant 3 1st round picks, or 2 1sts and 2nd's.

I don't know if those offers were legit, nor did I want to take them, but I do believe they seem reasonable for the situation.

I'd expect something similar this season, if we were to move from the 1st pick.  Some one is going to really want Lawrence or Fields.

Tell me which sounds better:

-1 overall

vs

-7 overall
-39 overall
-1st round pick in 2021
-2nd round pick in 2022
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2020, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Moving down a few picks is one thing, but the last time a team traded out of #1 it was when the Rams moved all the way up from #15. Tennessee got back 2 1st (one of which was obviously 15), 2 2nd, and 2 3rd. Rams got a 4th and 6th along with #1OA.

I’d want a little more than that. Lawrence is a way better prospect than Goff was.

Good research. I agree with that. Doesn't seem to be enough in that scenario. My hope would be they could trade down and grab a big time tackle in the top ten and corner or edge help later in the round. 
Reply/Quote