Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock with pretty pictures
I usually do mocks trying to think like the Bengals and draft who they would draft. I'm changing it up this year and any mock I do will be the players I want and think would improve the team. I'm assuming/hoping the team will attempt to sign at least one FA starter for the line, LT or C.

1. Orlando Brown Jr., 6'8" 360lbs RT. I want a bigger, more physical offensive line with Alexander gone. Bring back the days of Willie at RT and let Baby Zeus just bull doze guys in the run game. I also love prospects with NFL bloodlines, they have the genes and are already familiar with the lifestyle and are ready for it. (Also like James, McGlinchey, Williams and Price here)
[Image: Orlando-Brown-Oklahoma_rrvc11.jpg]

2. Isaiah Wynn, 6'2" 308lbs OG/C.  I like the versatility and the mean streak. I think he'll be best at RG or C, but he could actually improve any spot on our line. (Hernandez or Reshaan Evans otherwise)
[Image: Isaiah%20Wynn.jpg]

3.Josey Jewell, 6'2" 230lbs ILB/OLB.  Highly productive tackling machine. We need a guy that can still lead the defense when Burfict is out.
[Image: AP333416270836.jpg]

3. (Comp) Mike Gesicki, 6'6" 252lbs TE. I would not bring back Eifert under any circumstances. Kroft did a nice job last year, but it's not like his or Uzo's injury history is all that great either. Gesicki would be a nice redzone threat, TE.
[Image: 586b0115d5400.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C908]

4.  Luke Falk, 6'4" 211lbs QB.  I'm assuming McCarron will be gone, some way or another. Hopefully, it's in the form of a returning draft pick. Anyways, Dalton will still be the starter next season, but his leash is getting shorter and we need to be ready to replace him. I like Falk's accuracy and toughness.
[Image: Rutgers+v+Washington+State+TIIb0YrvJLGl.jpg]

5. Toby Weathersby, 6'7" 302lbs OT. Developmental tackle, maybe could play LT or LG.
[Image: TobyWeathersbyandJoshBoutte_147450835396...et=534-401]

5.(Comp) Bruce Hector, 6'2" 295lbs DT. Pretty good interior pass rusher.
[Image: 460x.jpg]

6. Rashaan Gaulden, 6' 193lbs CB. Fits what we do here with nice athleticism and physical tackling.
[Image: rashaan-gaulden-of-the-tennessee-volunte...?s=594x594]

7.7.7. Lot's of filler stuff or trade chips in the 7th. Could take a kicker, WR, RB, S, more lineman.
[Image: 1-lucky-7-tony-vegas.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That mock would appear to give solution to the OL issues, that's for sure.

I like your LB selection, as well. While I think Jewel is a bit light for Mike in the NFL, I'm sure that he'll add a little weight.

Edit: I would have liked to seen a Safety in the front half. Viewing your QB selection as contingent on the McCarron situation, that may be the pick to go Safety, should McCarron remain a Bengal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Not bad - I do think I prefer McGlinchey based on the dire need at LT coupled with coming out of a pro style offense at Notre Dame.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That mock would appear to give solution to the OL issues, that's for sure.

I like your LB selection, as well. While I think Jewel is a bit light for Mike in the NFL, I'm sure that he'll add a little weight.

Edit: I would have liked to seen a Safety in the front half. Viewing your QB selection as contingent on the McCarron situation, that may be the pick to go Safety, should McCarron remain a Bengal.

It’s all contingent on the combine and free agency and the McCarron situation. I think we need a safety too and there are some good ones this year. Selfishly, James would be my favorite pick just because I’m a Noles fan.

A McCarron trade might net us another 2nd or 3rd.
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Roquan Smith at #12 if he is available. There are stud linemen every single year but its not every year you are getting a franchise LB who will take over a game. Put Smith with Burfict and you literally have the best LB corps in the NFL, hands down.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 07:47 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: It’s all contingent on the combine and free agency and the McCarron situation. I think we need a safety too and there are some good ones this year. Selfishly, James would be my favorite pick just because I’m a Noles fan.

A McCarron trade might net is another 2nd or 3rd.

If James fell to the Bengals at 12, and they selected him, he might be my favorite pick even though I'm kind of indifferent toward the 'Noles.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gesecki my favorite te. But man I'm not liking brown. I thought u would love him after seeing some games live. But even going against 250 pound guys, he's not moving them off of Los.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 04:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That mock would appear to give solution to the OL issues, that's for sure.

I like your LB selection, as well.  While I think Jewel is a bit light for Mike in the NFL, I'm sure that he'll add a little weight.

Edit:  I would have liked to seen a Safety in the front half.  Viewing your QB selection as contingent on the McCarron situation, that may be the pick to go Safety, should McCarron remain a Bengal.

I'm not convinced we can improve the safety position unless it's with the first round pick for James or Fitzpatrick. We even have pretty good depth there with Fejedelem and Shaw. Do you have a prospect in mind that would be an upgrade over Williams or Iloka and available sometime in the 2nd to 3rd round?
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not convinced we can improve the safety position unless it's with the first round pick for James or Fitzpatrick. We even have pretty good depth there with Fejedelem and Shaw. Do you have a prospect in mind that would be an upgrade over Williams or Iloka and available sometime in the 2nd to 3rd round?

I thought that I did, then after I read the draft profiles on NFL.com, I tend to agree with you.  After the top two, there really doesn't look like anything but guys with serious holes in their game.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 09:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not convinced we can improve the safety position unless it's with the first round pick for James or Fitzpatrick. We even have pretty good depth there with Fejedelem and Shaw. Do you have a prospect in mind that would be an upgrade over Williams or Iloka and available sometime in the 2nd to 3rd round?

(02-06-2018, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I thought that I did, then after I read the draft profiles on NFL.com, I tend to agree with you.  After the top two, there really doesn't look like anything but guys with serious holes in their game.

There are some good prospects to be had in rounds 2-3, not that it would upgrade the position for this year, but maybe next or the year after depending on development and competition.

Ronnie Harrison if you want a run stopper SS

Terrell Edmunds and DeShon Elliot if you want a combo, do a little bit of everything FS
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2018, 11:18 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: There are some good prospects to be had in rounds 2-3, not that it would upgrade the position for this year, but maybe next or the year after depending on development and competition.

Ronnie Harrison if you want a run stopper SS

Terrell Edmunds and DeShon Elliot if you want a combo, do a little bit of everything FS

At FS, I want Reggie Nelson 2.0.  I'm not asking for much, just a guy that covers like a CB, but hit's and tackles like Ronnie Lott.   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Another good mock.....nice work!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Nice mock! Getting Gesecki in the mid rounds would be a steal! I read the combine bio yesterday of Jewell, compares to Sean Lee. That would be a good thing. I do agree with others though, I'd take Smith at #12, if he's there. Nothing against Brown.
Reply/Quote
I'd be pretty happy with that, although in the fourth I'd rather pick up an end like Tyquan Lewis or... whoever.. as opposed to a QB.
Reply/Quote
Solid Mock! I'd be happy with this draft.
Reply/Quote
(02-04-2018, 03:33 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I usually do mocks trying to think like the Bengals and draft who they would draft. I'm changing it up this year and any mock I do will be the players I want and think would improve the team. I'm assuming/hoping the team will attempt to sign at least one FA starter for the line, LT or C.

1. Orlando Brown Jr., 6'8" 360lbs RT. I want a bigger, more physical offensive line with Alexander gone. Bring back the days of Willie at RT and let Baby Zeus just bull doze guys in the run game. I also love prospects with NFL bloodlines, they have the genes and are already familiar with the lifestyle and are ready for it. (Also like James, McGlinchey, Williams and Price here)
[Image: Orlando-Brown-Oklahoma_rrvc11.jpg]

2. Isaiah Wynn, 6'2" 308lbs OG/C.  I like the versatility and the mean streak. I think he'll be best at RG or C, but he could actually improve any spot on our line. (Hernandez or Reshaan Evans otherwise)
[Image: Isaiah%20Wynn.jpg]

3.Josey Jewell, 6'2" 230lbs ILB/OLB.  Highly productive tackling machine. We need a guy that can still lead the defense when Burfict is out.
[Image: AP333416270836.jpg]

3. (Comp) Mike Gesicki, 6'6" 252lbs TE. I would not bring back Eifert under any circumstances. Kroft did a nice job last year, but it's not like his or Uzo's injury history is all that great either. Gesicki would be a nice redzone threat, TE.
[Image: 586b0115d5400.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C908]

4.  Luke Falk, 6'4" 211lbs QB.  I'm assuming McCarron will be gone, some way or another. Hopefully, it's in the form of a returning draft pick. Anyways, Dalton will still be the starter next season, but his leash is getting shorter and we need to be ready to replace him. I like Falk's accuracy and toughness.
[Image: Rutgers+v+Washington+State+TIIb0YrvJLGl.jpg]

5. Toby Weathersby, 6'7" 302lbs OT. Developmental tackle, maybe could play LT or LG.
[Image: TobyWeathersbyandJoshBoutte_147450835396...et=534-401]

5.(Comp) Bruce Hector, 6'2" 295lbs DT. Pretty good interior pass rusher.
[Image: 460x.jpg]

6. Rashaan Gaulden, 6' 193lbs CB. Fits what we do here with nice athleticism and physical tackling.
[Image: rashaan-gaulden-of-the-tennessee-volunte...?s=594x594]

7.7.7. Lot's of filler stuff or trade chips in the 7th. Could take a kicker, WR, RB, S, more lineman.
[Image: 1-lucky-7-tony-vegas.jpg]

Not sure how I feel about Brown.  I love picks 2, 3, and 3 comp.  Kudos to my good buddy Kevin Cox on a nice frame on your sixth pick.  I think rounds four and five would be a good place to hit DL or safety as there are some good prospects who will probably fall into that range.  Overall its a very solid mock.  
Reply/Quote