Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez - The Shooter
(07-18-2015, 08:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: And?  Are we afraid Bill is trying to make ISIS or the shooter look bad?  The obsession with Fox News is bizarre.

No, I'm afraid that BOR and his ilk use fear as "news".  Yes, I know he's an "opinion" show.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2015, 02:54 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, I'm afraid that BOR and his ilk use fear as "news".  Yes, I know he's an "opinion" show.

You mean like The Daily Show?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-19-2015, 08:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: You mean like The Daily Show?

When has the Daily show used fear as news?

Since Stewart has been on he's pointed out how bad FOX "news" is and made fun of them for it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-19-2015, 09:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: When has the Daily show used fear as news?

Since Stewart has been on he's pointed out how bad FOX "news" is and made fun of them for it.

No I mean mistaking shows for news.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

As far as fear for news, what's the body count for global warming v terrorism? Remember all the killer hurricanes we were going to get after Katrina?

(07-18-2015, 12:11 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah because we at war in that region.    That's standard procedure for most.   Sorry I cant be like Wilson and FDR and round up arab Americans and put them into camps.    You would probably be more comfortable with that.... But I just wanna stop anyone from the area from coming in here ....   While we are at war.

So we did not allow people from Poland or France to come to the United States during WWII?

I think you need to brush up on your history.
(07-20-2015, 02:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So we did not allow people from Poland or France to come to the United States during WWII?

I think you need to brush up on your history.

Poland and France were taken over. What's our record on letting Germans, Italians in during those years?

Let's not forget how we deputized the KKK to round up german americans in ww1 and rounded up any Japanese amercians in ww2 into camps.

If we were doing this to americans citiZens then I imagine we weren't rolling out the red carpet for immigrants.
(07-20-2015, 02:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Poland and France were taken over.   What's our record on letting Germans, Italians in during those years?    

Let's not  forget how we deputized the KKK to round up german americans in ww1 and rounded up any Japanese amercians in ww2 into camps.        

If we were doing this to americans citiZens then I imagine we weren't rolling out the red carpet for immigrants.

You missed his point. We were not at war with France, but we did fight in France.

We were not at war with Afghanistan, but we did fight in Afghanistan.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-20-2015, 02:07 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Poland and France were taken over. 

And this guys parents were from Kuwait.

So what was your point again?
(07-20-2015, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And this guys parents were from Kuwait.

So what was your point again?

Dad was on the terror watch list
(07-20-2015, 04:47 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dad was on the terror watch list

What does the terror watch list have to do with refusing every person from Kuwait entry into the United States?
(07-20-2015, 04:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What does the terror watch list have to do with refusing every person from Kuwait entry into the United States?

You asked about him. As far as the area... There is no need for student visa's until this conflict is over. Lots of other countries have deserving students as well.

And most of these countries contribute to terrorism in one way or another.
(07-20-2015, 05:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   

And most of these countries contribute to terrorism in one way or another.

What about the support Russia gives to our enemies?

Should the same rules apply to all people from Russia?
(07-21-2015, 12:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What about the support Russia gives to our enemies?

Should the same rules apply to all people from Russia?

It's extremely difficult to get through the immigration process if your from russia and other former soviet states.  The numbers don't lie. I wish it was easy to get my wife's sister here...
(07-21-2015, 02:22 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:  I wish it was easy to get my wife's sister here...

But Russia supports our enemies.  According to your logic no one from Russia should be allowed to come to the United States.
(07-21-2015, 05:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: But Russia supports our enemies.  According to your logic no one from Russia should be allowed to come to the United States.

Which enemies are the russians supporting?