Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mom's
Here's to our mothers, and mother's of our children. (For those this applies to.) Any special plans, or ideas? Share them here, because I'm at a loss as to what to get my mother on Sunday.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 12:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Here's to our mothers, and mother's of our children. (For those this applies to.) Any special plans, or ideas? Share them here, because I'm at a loss as to what to get my mother on Sunday.

Tell her I'll be there at 8. Wear something that's not dry clean only.
Reply/Quote
Send my mom flowers and sherries berries.

Give my wife flowers and a gift from the children and I. This year we are giving her a handbag.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 09:13 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Send my mom flowers and sherries berries.  

Give my wife flowers and a gift from the children and I.   This year we are giving her a handbag.

Reply/Quote
kid chriss had a deal for that today... the berries thing.

I dont do anything for mothers day. its been about 23 years since ive had one
Reply/Quote
Im going to get some lotion and tissues and jerk off all day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 05:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im going to get some lotion and tissues and jerk off all day.

Save the tissues!

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 05:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Im going to get some lotion and tissues and jerk off all day.

Lotion...... what a sissy.
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 06:40 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Lotion...... what a sissy.
Tongue

Yup. 

Whatever happened to good ole spit?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
This is probably the last Mother's Day I have with my mom. She has COPD and emphysema for awhile now and has gotten pretty bad the past year or so. The way both diseases have progressed remind me of what I'm going to have to go through w/ my daughter shortly if there isn't a cure found for CF very soon. I worry about both many times a day. It's hard but try to get a laugh out of them and try to make them smile and know that my life will not be the same w/ out them. Show love to your moms like they won't be there the next day, because you never know!
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:58 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: This is probably the last Mother's Day I have with my mom.  She has COPD and emphysema for awhile now and has gotten pretty bad the past year or so.  The way both diseases have progressed remind me of what I'm going to have to go through w/ my daughter shortly if there isn't a cure found for CF very soon.  I worry about both many times a day.  It's hard but try to get a laugh out of them and try to make them smile and know that my life will not be the same w/ out them.   Show love to your moms like they won't be there the next day, because you never know!

Sorry to hear this buddy.  My thoughts are with you.  And at least you didn't make stupid comments in this thread, kudos and class to you my friend!   ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 10:58 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: This is probably the last Mother's Day I have with my mom.  She has COPD and emphysema for awhile now and has gotten pretty bad the past year or so.  The way both diseases have progressed remind me of what I'm going to have to go through w/ my daughter shortly if there isn't a cure found for CF very soon.  I worry about both many times a day.  It's hard but try to get a laugh out of them and try to make them smile and know that my life will not be the same w/ out them.   Show love to your moms like they won't be there the next day, because you never know!

So sorry to hear that.
Sad

(05-03-2016, 11:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sorry to hear this buddy.  My thoughts are with you.  And at least you didn't make stupid comments in this thread, kudos and class to you my friend!   ThumbsUp

Yeah, sorry about that.
I feel like a turd now.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: So sorry to hear that.
Sad

Yeah, sorry about that.
I feel like a turd now.

No worries guys, I do appreciate the humor on these boards!  I do have a heavy heart most days and these boards do help!  I also appreciate the heartfelt comments, so thanks to all very very much!

Now back to the moms, just Show that you love them while you can.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:05 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sorry to hear this buddy.  My thoughts are with you.  And at least you didn't make stupid comments in this thread, kudos and class to you my friend!   ThumbsUp

Nothing but good thoughts cure4cf's way, and I hope for the best for his daughter. My first real girlfriend and long-time friend died last year of cf. She hung in for 36 years.

That aside, stupid comments are only meant to lighten the mood. I never try to actually offend anyone, but hopefully give a good laugh.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Nothing but good thoughts cure4cf's way, and I hope for the best for his daughter. My first real girlfriend and long-time friend died last year of cf. She hung in for 36 years.

That aside, stupid comments are only meant to lighten the mood. I never try to actually offend anyone, but hopefully give a good laugh.

Thank ya sir and sorry to hear about your loss and another CFers death!  Sorry if my post derailed the thread, just what was on my mind @ the time!  Tiger made a thoughtful thread and post and I don't want to screw it up...... So with further adoooo what are some of your all's thoughts / plans for Mother's Day?
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2016, 11:55 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Thank ya sir and sorry to hear about your loss and  another CFers death!  Sorry if my post derailed the thread, just what was on my mind @ the time!  Tiger made a thoughtful thread and post and I don't want to screw it up...... So with further adoooo what are some of your all's thoughts / plans for Mother's Day?

For my mom, laying down base boards. For the kids, helping them give their mom a spa day on the cruise we're taking at the end of the month.
Reply/Quote

Sorry to hear.   

I agree with you we should all be treating our moms well.... Especially on Mother's Day.  
Reply/Quote
Imma give my kids moma the hog.

Zona....You available?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
I think my siblings and I are going to be taking care of our moms flower beds. Pulling weeds, planting and mulching for her since she can't do it anymore. She also wants some fake flowers for her potted plants so gotta find some of them. Also looking for a nice indoor plant that needs minimal upkeep. Then gonna grill out and enjoy the whole family. For the Wifey, I'm on the hunt for a good rolling kitchen island thingy.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2016, 04:59 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: I think my siblings and I are going to be taking care of our moms flower beds.  Pulling weeds, planting and mulching for her since she can't do it anymore.  She also wants some fake flowers for her potted plants so gotta find some of them.  Also looking for a nice indoor plant that needs minimal upkeep. Then gonna grill out and enjoy the whole family.  For the Wifey, I'm on the hunt for a good rolling kitchen island thingy.

Sounds like a nice day planned.    

Is this for an outdoo kitchen or indoors?  
Reply/Quote