Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money!
Isn’t he eligible for an extension. I think this is one that will get done.

Highest paid Kicker or not even close?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Shouldn’t be the highest by any stretch. Top ten? Guys are hitting high 50s left and right. His playoff performance is impressive though.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Maybe Mac didn't miss a FG inside of 50 yards all season and no kicker was asked to attempt more over 50 than he.

He's definitely in the conversation of "best" but that Dallas kicker is stupid good and Tucker is The GOAT
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 11:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Mac didn't miss a FG inside of 50 yards all season and no kicker was asked to attempt more over 50 than he.

He's definitely in the conversation of "best" but that Dallas kicker is stupid good and Tucker is The GOAT

Butker is up there, too.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 11:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Butker is up there, too.

No doubt and even though I called Tucker the GOAT, Father Time is undefeated and Tucker may no longer be Top-5. I was surprised to see he only tried 6 of 50+ this year and was more surprised to see he only made 1. 

Reply/Quote
McPherson had a good run during his rookie season but has been pretty mediocre overall. No way is he close to one of the top kickers in the NFL.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=kicking&sort=k_fgpct&season=2023&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=kicking&sort=k_fgpct&season=2022&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=kicking&sort=k_fgpct&season=2021&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 12:17 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: McPherson had a good run during his rookie season but has been pretty mediocre overall.   No way is he close to one of the top kickers in the NFL.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=kicking&sort=k_fgpct&season=2023&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=kicking&sort=k_fgpct&season=2022&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/stats?category=kicking&sort=k_fgpct&season=2021&seasonType=reg&sortOrder=desc

I assume you are saying that because of completion percentage, but we need to look closer.

The guy didn't miss a FG inside of 50 yards, He was only 1 of 4 to do that.

That; 's because of the number of 50+ we ask of him Only 1 kicker was asked to kick more 50+ than MM. Gay had 13 to MM's 12. Gay had a completion percentage over 3 points lower than MM.

He had 0 FGAs blocked. 15 of the top 25 did

he missed 0 XPs 17 of the top 25 did

He had 0 Kickoffs out of bounds 11 of the top 25 did

So, I'll disagree with the mediocre rating and say there's yes way to him being among the top kickers in the NFL

Reply/Quote
Very happy with Money and he must be retained imho. Yet Zac does go for a lot on 4th down within the 50 yd mark reducing his opportunities.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone saying he's not a top 5 kicker, let alone arguably the best is just being negative for negative sake: both McPhersons are absolute stud kickers and nobody makes longer kicks in practice than Evan does: I'm still waiting for the day when he has an opportunity to hit a 65 yarder or whatever to end a half, 'cause I know he'll hit it lol.

Also, he kicks one of the best-looking balls in the league, which means the ball gets less affected by wind and other elements than wobbly balls like Mason Crosby kicked or Fat Randy kicked.

Having said that, 3 of his 4 misses were kicks that the wind took and blew this year and those you can't really do anything to mitigate: he's not like the 2 above mentioned guys that would miss horribly because they kicked it horribly.

And, also as mentioned above by others, we attempt a lot of 4th downs that could be FG tries, so Evan gets a half-dozen to dozen less chances to kick the long ones than other Ks in the league.

Anyways, barring falling off the face of the Earth, Evan will be our kicker until he retires.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 10:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anyone saying he's not a top 5 kicker, let alone arguably the best is just being negative for negative sake: both McPhersons are absolute stud kickers and nobody makes longer kicks in practice than Evan does: I'm still waiting for the day when he has an opportunity to hit a 65 yarder or whatever to end a half, 'cause I know he'll hit it lol.

Also, he kicks one of the best-looking balls in the league, which means the ball gets less affected by wind and other elements than wobbly balls like Mason Crosby kicked or Fat Randy kicked.

Having said that, 3 of his 4 misses were kicks that the wind took and blew this year and those you can't really do anything to mitigate: he's not like the 2 above mentioned guys that would miss horribly because they kicked it horribly.

And, also as mentioned above by others, we attempt a lot of 4th downs that could be FG tries, so Evan gets a half-dozen to dozen less chances to kick the long ones than other Ks in the league.

Anyways, barring falling off the face of the Earth, Evan will be our kicker until he retires.

Context of the kick cannot be overstated as well. 

How many times has he missed a field goal that really, really mattered? I literally can't remember a time he didn't make a clutch one. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Anyone thinking that Evan MacPherson shouldn't be kept around and given a raise must have forgotten what it was like not having a reliable kicker on the team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I assume you are saying that because of completion percentage, but we need to look closer.

That; 's because of the number of 50+ we ask of him Only 1 kicker was asked to kick more 50+ than MM. Gay had 13 to MM's 12. Gay had a completion percentage over 3 points lower than MM.

So, I'll disagree with the mediocre rating and say there's yes way to him being among the top kickers in the NFL

That’s a fire breakdown bro! He isn’t mediocre he just isn’t consistently what he was his rookie year i think he’s too 10 easy and imo that’s all u can ask for. Pay em. Great kid too.
Reply/Quote
McPherson is good enough to become the highest-paid K in the league.
The highest-paid K in the league only makes $6 mill APY.
If you are thinking McPherson is easily a Top 5, he should make at least $5 mill APY, but given how little difference there is between that and the highest-paid, just pay him $6+ mill even if you don't think he may be exactly the best in the league but close.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 12:17 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: McPherson had a good run during his rookie season but has been pretty mediocre overall.   No way is he close to one of the top kickers in the NFL.

No way is he mediocre!! Easily in top ten conversation, probably top five.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I assume you are saying that because of completion percentage, but we need to look closer.

(02-22-2024, 10:38 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Anyone saying he's not a top 5 kicker, let alone arguably the best is just being negative for negative sake: both McPhersons are absolute stud kickers and nobody makes longer kicks in practice than Evan does: I'm still waiting for the day when he has an opportunity to hit a 65 yarder or whatever to end a half, 'cause I know he'll hit it lol.

What Bfine and Truck said. McPherson is a top Kicker and can get better, you keep this guy. Sucked when we had Kickers who weren't clutch.

BTW, when will McPherson's bro be available who looks to be one heck of a Punter as well?
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 07:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What Bfine and Truck said. McPherson is a top Kicker and can get better, you keep this guy. Sucked when we had Kickers who weren't clutch.

BTW, when will McPherson's bro be available who looks to be one heck of a Punter as well?

Kicker* Wink

And I think he comes out next year. He went to Auburnz where the Carlsons went , which is becoming the SEC kicker's haven.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2024, 07:57 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Kicker* Wink

And I think he comes out next year. He went to Auburnz where the Carlsons went , which is becoming the SEC kicker's haven.

Yeah, little bro McPherson can do both as a Kicker and a Punter, that is why he is so intriguing. I saw him boom some monster Punts in some vids.

Thanks Truck, will be watching for Evan's little bro next year.
Reply/Quote
McPherson will be getting an extension this offseason. You can pretty much put it at 100%.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Pay the man. He's key to the success next season. Many games come down to an extra point or field goal.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote