Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Amazing Geno News!
Yes, another Atkins thread by me, but I don't see how you can't be pumped up about news like this.

I'm sitting here smiling and laughing as I'm reading this article, because our defense is going to be stupid good:

Quote:He spent 2014 getting blocked, not getting a lot of push inside and not commanding the double, which meant those single blocks elsewhere that freed guys to rush the passer weren't as frequent. The sack numbers for the Bengals plummeted from 43 in 2013 to 20 in 2014, which was last in the league.

With Geno back to form, MJ back, and guys like Dunlap being able to produce big when being single blocked, I fully expect our sack numbers to be near the top of the league. I think guys like Sims and Still will benefit greatly from this and be able to have field days, just like our ends, but the guy I'm happiest to see (if we give him a chance) is Hardison because I'd love to watch lines try to block Geno and then also account for Hardison's speed up the middle and the ends on the outside.

Like I said in the last thread, he spent last offseason rehabbing, whereas this offseason he's been able to focus on his game and his technique, which everyone is noticing:

Quote:The same words kept coming out of the mouths of every Cincinnati Bengals coach, linemen, both offensive and defensive, and anybody else associated with the team here this week.

"Geno can't be blocked."

Apparently, the Giants and trouble blocking him, too, so it's not just us.

Guenther also said as much:

Quote:"The three-technique (Atkins' spot) is so important in our defense," Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther said. "When Geno is playing at a high level, it makes everybody else that much better. That's part of why we struggled last year."

Atkins is staying low-key and not commenting at all, but you can tell the dude is HUNGRY!

It's going to be a hell of a season!
Reply/Quote
I sure hop they're right. Geno is one of those very rare guys that totally changes everything about your defense all by himself !

Every player on the defense is like 10% better just from the disruption Geno causes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If Geno is right then this team can win a championship.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
But how big is his penis? I hope it is enough to inspire people...
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 03:17 AM)MrRager Wrote: But how big is his penis? I hope it is enough to inspire people...

I think.......no......I HOPE I missed something here? Confused

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 01:34 AM)J24 Wrote: If Geno is right then this team can win a championship.

This team has a handful of "if X happens we can contend" this year, but I'd definitely agree that Geno playing like it's 2012 again would be near the top of the list.

(08-14-2015, 03:17 AM)MrRager Wrote: But how big is his penis? I hope it is enough to inspire people...

Why can we only rep posts one time? This is just fantastic.

(08-14-2015, 06:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think.......no......I HOPE I missed something here? Confused

Oh, you did. Check out the "Andy naked" thread where Brad goes off admiring Andy's junk and talking about how inspiring it must be for the rest of the team to see it regularly. This isn't even a joke though it may seem like one if you missed that thread.
Reply/Quote

That was funny in one thread.

But not everywhere else.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 08:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That was funny in one thread.

But not everywhere else.

Hmm....let me check....

Well it looks like...hmm....maybe over here....wait a minute....still can't find it.....oh! Here it is...

Nah, it's still funny.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 12:36 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yes, another Atkins thread by me, but I don't see how you can't be pumped up about news like this.

I'm sitting here smiling and laughing as I'm reading this article, because our defense is going to be stupid good:

With Geno back to form, MJ back, and guys like Dunlap being able to produce big when being single blocked, I fully expect our sack numbers to be near the top of the league.  I think guys like Sims and Still will benefit greatly from this and be able to have field days, just like our ends, but the guy I'm happiest to see (if we give him a chance) is Hardison because I'd love to watch lines try to block Geno and then also account for Hardison's speed up the middle and the ends on the outside.

Like I said in the last thread, he spent last offseason rehabbing, whereas this offseason he's been able to focus on his game and his technique, which everyone is noticing:

Apparently, the Giants and trouble blocking him, too, so it's not just us.

Guenther also said as much:

Atkins is staying low-key and not commenting at all, but you can tell the dude is HUNGRY!

It's going to be a hell of a season!
what games have you been watching..oh wait..they have not played a game yet
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 01:34 AM)J24 Wrote: If Geno is right then this team can win a championship.

you mean how we won a championship 2 years ago when he was right
Reply/Quote
Geno back to his old self... Nice.. I have good feelings about the defense this year. Top 3 defense or bust.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 10:03 AM)xavierdude Wrote: you mean how we won a championship 2 years ago when he was right

He said "can", not "will".

And yes, 2013 was the best chance the Bengals had in the Dalton era to advance in the playoffs and potentially win a championship.

The potential of the 2015 team looks to be even better.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 12:44 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I sure hop they're right. Geno is one of those very rare guys that totally changes everything about your defense all by himself !

Every player on the defense is like 10% better just from the disruption Geno causes.

(08-14-2015, 10:02 AM)xavierdude Wrote: what games have you been watching..oh wait..they have not played a game yet
Are you serious?  

Did you not read any of what I posted or read the article at all?  It's coming from coaches, players, and anyone else there this week that he can't be blocked.  Do you think they spend every practice just doing walk-throughs with no drills, one-one-ones, 7-on-7s, or team activities?  

How a player performs in practice is a great way to gage how they'll play on the field, and this is just saying that Geno looks like he's back to his old form.
(08-14-2015, 10:03 AM)xavierdude Wrote: you mean how we won a championship 2 years ago when he was right
1  We're a lot better now.  2.  He only played in nine games, which we were 6-3 in those games, so, yes, you're right, we'll be better than that  ThumbsUp
(08-14-2015, 10:13 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Geno back to his old self... Nice.. I have good feelings about the defense this year. Top 3 defense or bust.

Definitely.  

I'm excited to see our secondary, especially Dre and Dennard, with a solid pass rush and to see how they just abuse opposing quarterbacks.

A good running game with also aid the defense by allowing the to rest and stay fresh.  

Our D is going to be tough.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 12:36 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Apparently, the Giants and trouble blocking him, too, so it's not just us.

That helps to explain why Bodine is struggling with the snaps so much. He's focusing too much on Geno and not paying attention to the ball.
Reply/Quote

You know it. This is the dude that really matters. I love what i am hearing and hope
he is not only just as good as he once was but as Whit says, maybe even better...

Can you imagine...
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 08:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: That was funny in one thread.

But not everywhere else.

Meh, these off-season hype threads are a dime a dozen. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The write-up was great, but, the clips they show of him in action versus the Giants weren't exactly showing him do anything.
Reply/Quote
When I saw that D yesterday I started thinking Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2015, 07:46 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: When I saw that D yesterday I started thinking Super Bowl.

They looked dominant didn't they. The way Dunlap read that bubble screen and dropped it for a loss. I think he is going to have a BIG year.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2015, 06:31 AM)Wyche Wrote: I think.......no......I HOPE I missed something here? Confused

see:  Naked Andy Thread.  LOL
Reply/Quote